Are you excited for new vendor-tier boots in 2.6?

Unique boots that you can't just slap on as an upgrade to rare boots on all builds. What is this herecy!
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
They are missing a 10-15 all resistant mod

that would actually make them pretty fairly useful imo
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Feb 21, 2017, 4:17:40 AM
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Trylobyte wrote:
Garukhan's Flight is going to be BiS for Iron Commander builds. They're always moving, typically have a four-digit Dex, and really hate Chilled Ground. That'll be a ton of life and regen plus speed and immunity to ground effects from one item. My Scion wants this right now. Rather niche for everyone else, though.

Well, even then. Do you really want this item over a Good rare boots with Resists, Dexterity and high life? I mean Rare boots can have 80-89 Life, 50+ Dex and 80+ Res. It's not far off Life you can get with this boots. I don't notice chilled ground much honestly.

How about 150 life?Cause thats how much would have at least an iron commander from those boots.

Resists can come from other pieces and tree.

Ones man's junk is another ones treasure.You must rethink what a garbage means and what is niche,which this is more targeted for those specing that way
Bye bye desync!
Last edited by elwindakos on Feb 21, 2017, 4:18:39 AM
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Trylobyte wrote:
Garukhan's Flight is going to be BiS for Iron Commander builds. They're always moving, typically have a four-digit Dex, and really hate Chilled Ground. That'll be a ton of life and regen plus speed and immunity to ground effects from one item. My Scion wants this right now. Rather niche for everyone else, though.

Well, even then. Do you really want this item over a Good rare boots with Resists, Dexterity and high life? I mean Rare boots can have 80-89 Life, 50+ Dex and 80+ Res. It's not far off Life you can get with this boots. I don't notice chilled ground much honestly.

How about 150 life?Cause thats how much would have at least an iron commander from those boots.

Ones man's junk is another ones treasure.You must rethink what a garbage means and what is niche,which this is more targeted for those specing that way

Looks like iron commander got quite a few items over time... I consider both these boots and The Perfect Form to be such items (the latter gives increased dex and is pretty good on its own aswell).
Really makes me wanna try one of those builds...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:
"
Trylobyte wrote:

Spoiler
Well, it's great but at the same time just 60 more than good Rare can roll, can this outweight lack of resistances and Dex? For example, Dex on boots might very well be what you are looking for to get extra Ballista.

I think you underesteamate lack of resistances - this build needs Dex on every piece of gear, so it's not that easy/cheap to get decent gear and right side of the tree gets very little of resistances as well. What Unique items typical Iron Commanders use anyway? List all gear slots options if it's not too bothersome.

Actually nevermind, I am not arguing against this item being great for well geared Siege Ballista builds that don't really need more resists / dex.

I don't say it's garbage, it's just like many great uniques (like Lightning Coil, Carcass Jack or Pledge of Hands) gonna be Vendor-tier, unless it's gonna be extremely rare or something.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Feb 21, 2017, 6:15:37 AM
Zzzzz people that have no clue how strong a high flat based regen modifier is zzzZZzzz

Go EB + ZO and run cyclone = profit

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
BiS for iron commander... k, well I guess I can vendor these boots along with the bow then.

Perfect Form? You know one thing Ive never worried if I have enough of on an evasion build? Increased evasion. So youve got boots with no resist, a chest with -resist, how many potential strength suffixes have we given up here to get what exactly? 150 life boots, ok so that made up for your 50 life chest I guess. What i really want on an evasion build is awesome phys mitigation, did we get that in return for all this? No. Got arctic armour tho so thats something, as long as you stand still, and got some regen which is great as long as you dont stand still...

I dunno man, give me a good harbinger and a lightning coil. Call me old fashioned but this hipster bowtem carry on just sounds dumpster from start to finish.

They will never be these

9% life regen? k. and I dont even use these, youre an evasion build how are you going to pass on a coil? You need boots with life and resist, cause god knows youre not dropping the rats nest either. Youre an evasion build, you want phys mitigation, crit, movespeed, no amount of goofy items are getting in the way of that. Dex and cold res, ya let me drop attack speed, strength, crit, accuracy, all that stuff so i can go ham on my dex rolls which give me some redundant % evasion and lowball acc inherently.

At least an Iron Will build is stacking considerable life when they roll strength everywhere, Whispering/HoWA is getting %es and mana, Dex? You stop giving a shit about dex when you have enough to equip your gear.

I would only use it if it disabled ground effects all together, because the only problem with them is that it makes me lagg really hard.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
BiS for iron commander... k, well I guess I can vendor these boots along with the bow then.

Perfect Form? You know one thing Ive never worried if I have enough of on an evasion build? Increased evasion. So youve got boots with no resist, a chest with -resist, how many potential strength suffixes have we given up here to get what exactly? 150 life boots, ok so that made up for your 50 life chest I guess. What i really want on an evasion build is awesome phys mitigation, did we get that in return for all this? No. Got arctic armour tho so thats something, as long as you stand still, and got some regen which is great as long as you dont stand still...

I dunno man, give me a good harbinger and a lightning coil. Call me old fashioned but this hipster bowtem carry on just sounds dumpster from start to finish.

They will never be these

9% life regen? k. and I dont even use these, youre an evasion build how are you going to pass on a coil? You need boots with life and resist, cause god knows youre not dropping the rats nest either. Youre an evasion build, you want phys mitigation, crit, movespeed, no amount of goofy items are getting in the way of that. Dex and cold res, ya let me drop attack speed, strength, crit, accuracy, all that stuff so i can go ham on my dex rolls which give me some redundant % evasion and lowball acc inherently.

At least an Iron Will build is stacking considerable life when they roll strength everywhere, Whispering/HoWA is getting %es and mana, Dex? You stop giving a shit about dex when you have enough to equip your gear.

It's funny how they nerfed Blood Dance regen, because it was too OP. An now buils with much more stacked regeneration are nothing compared to current content and other builds. :/
mmmm, I feel like it was one of those "loads of people are using them lets nerf it to stop that!" nerfs like the one to BoR.

BoR was problematic because it was too easy to get the 6L it provided. 6L means nothing now.

Honestly they could just reverse both those nerfs and I dont think that many people would even take notice. Make them properly rare items, you never find them, let them be powerful, have a decent price tag, something for people to actually work towards.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info