Lightning Strike

"
sanddemon wrote:
So it's a melee attack...with melee projectiles :) Gotcha
Not the most intuitive, I know, but 'melee' and 'ranged' in terms of attacks are only really defined terms for weapons - a bow is a ranged weapon and a sword is a melee weapon.

And attack made with a ranged weapon is considered ranged, and an attack made with a melee weapon is considered melee. We may need a way to override that in future, but for now that isn't currently possible.
"
Flair wrote:
I'm confused. it says lightning strike. are the projectiles lightning or projectile damage?

do I add +lightning or +projectile to increase damage ?
They are projectiles which deal lightning damage (converted from physical).

Projectile damage, lightning damage, elemental weapon damage, physical damage and weapon-specific damage increases will all apply.
"
Neokolzia wrote:
Question I have for Str elemental skills, including LS, is why doesn't Increase Melee Physical damage (x%, e.g. 12%) increase the conversion of Lightning Damage, where increase One Handed Melee Physical, does.
Both of those apply (assuming you're using a one-handed melee weapon). Can you post more details of the situation in which they seem not to be?
"
Pastromy wrote:
How does this skill work when I equip Hrimsorrow.

Is 75% of my physical damage converted in total, or how does the conversion work?
Hrimsorrow converts 25% of your physical damage to cold, and Lightning Strike converts 50% to lightning. The other 25% remains physical.
Displayed DPS is for the melee hit, which is not a projectile. The projectiles are a secondary effect of the skill.
"
Srsbznz wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Displayed DPS is for the melee hit, which is not a projectile. The projectiles are a secondary effect of the skill.

But is the damage from the projectiles affected by support gems and passives that increase projectile damage even though it's not shown?
Yes
"
zeuz wrote:
If a weapon has an additional 20-45 fire damage on it (or any other bonus elemental damage). Is that damage added to the projectile of lightning strike as well?
Yes. The projectiles are dealing the weapon damage, with the appropriate modifiers.
"
astroMonkey wrote:
Is the projectiles' crit chance affected by weapon critical chance or spell crit?
I'm assuming the first one? Still would love a confirmation,
thanks in advance!
Weapon. Lightning strike is not a spell and cannot be affected at all by any spell-specific modifiers.
"
Mune wrote:
Does the Point Blank keystone do anything for this skill?
No.
"
DeF46 wrote:
There is a Point Blank support gem though, I presume that one works.
No, because it's the same thing. Point Blank applies to attacks from ranged weapons, not melee weapons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info