Lightning Strike

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.6 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on May 30, 2022, 8:46:03 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Liquidator wrote:
I am interested how does critical strike work with this skill . Can each lightning projectile do crit on impact ? if so will the crit chance be affected by +% to crit (specific weapon) for example skill Nightstalker for dagers .
Yes, the projectiles will crit. Like most skills, the skill makes the crit roll once, so in most cases either the whole attack (projectiles and initial strike) will be a crit, or none of it will.
The skill is an attack, and both the projectiles and the initial hit deal weapon damage, and will be affected by weapon-specific bonuses.
"
Cristo9FP wrote:
What exactly does "-50% LESS PROJECTILE DAMAGE" mean?

Is that actually "50% less," or literally "-50% less", which is really 50% more?

I suppose I know the answer, but I'm pointing out the double negative, which is confusing. None of the other skills with penalties are labelled this way.
Stat description corrected. Thanks!
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:

From what I understand from this thread, the initial hit is supposed to be doing full weapon damage, but currently isn't.
It is dealing the full damage, it's just not displaying correctly in the character screen.
"
RaffoBaffo wrote:
I think the skill is a bit unclear as far as critical mechanics, so i have a couple of questions:
1 - It has a base crit chance of 6%, ok. Does that mean no matter the weapon the base crit chance will always be 6%?
2 - Is the 6% base crit chance affected by weapon specific critical bonuses (like +x% critical chance or damage with daggers)?
It's not supposed to have a base crit chance because it's not a spell. This crit chance is never used and has been removed for 0.9.7
"
sanddemon wrote:
Is it correct to assume that it cannot crit unless you hit in melee? So I can't can't crit by siting far away and spamming shift-attack to shoot lightning bolts? It's either all or none?
No, it can still crit. You're still making the melee swing, the fact that it might not hit anything doesn't prevent the skill from rolling a crit.
Lightning Strike is not affected by Point Blank.

A attack is melee if made by a melee weapon, or ranged if it is made by a ranged weapon (bow/wand)

Explosive arrow does (ranged) weapon damage on the hit, but the explosion is not weapon/attack damage - it's secondary damage and is not affected by things that affect attacks.

Lightning strike's projectiles deal weapon/attack damage.
The damage from the projectiles can still miss, as they deal weapon damage.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
"
sanddemon wrote:
This skill seems like it'd be pretty badass using the new Point Blank support...

edit: also Iron Grip as well.
Lightning strike is a melee attack, not a ranged one, because it's performed with a ranged weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info