Ascendency points and Oriath (aka remove Labyrinth mandatoriness)

The health has bearing on the length of the fight and potion management. If the fight is suddenly three times longer than it normally would be, that changes things for many builds.

Another potential option would be to leave all three fights, but shorten the sections between them. Make normal lab only have 1-2 rooms each section, cruel 2-3 and merc/uber the same it is now. This would also allow the leaving of the initial two fight mechanics.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Feb 24, 2017, 8:43:41 PM
@OP

As someone who has played the game for a very long time, and has helped many, many players adapt to changes in the game, I can only suggest that you leave the game and play another instead.

It is with great sadness that I say such a thing, as this is my favorite game of all time, but the GGG team have made it clear by their actions that they do not consider people who instrinsically dislike the non-traditional ("orthogonal" to traditional gameplay, according to Chris Wilson) lab gameplay important enough to be worth taking any action whatsoever on this longstanding issue.

So leave the game BEFORE you become so invested that you feel you must waste your time on something you hate, merely to enable yourself to play something you love. Instead grant your time (and money) to a game which respects your time. Many of us are already so invested that we just put up with it, and I'd hate to see you fall into the same trap.

Ugh. I hate typing this. But it's the only ethical response I feel I can make.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Hello again, I'm back :)

Ok so my legacy league character reached level 37 and finished the trials.

I gave a try to the labyrinth.
For info, I have no issue with the monsters, I kill them very easily (I one shoot the smaller ones, and the bigger ones are so slow that they can hardly reach me).

As the previous poster advised me, I leave the game :)
And I agree, this is so bad, as there are so many good ideas in the game, this legacy league is the first one I play and I find it very funny.

See you maybe in 3.0.0 (provided there is some change on the way to get ascendency points).
I say maybe, because by then there will be so many other games, that I will have to make a choice to where my game time (and, by extension, money) goes :)

Imarion

Last edited by Imarion on Mar 18, 2017, 9:19:57 AM
"
Imarion wrote:
Hello again, I'm back :)

Ok so my legacy league character reached level 37 and finished the trials.

I gave a try to the labyrinth.
For info, I have no issue with the monsters, I kill them very easily (I one shoot the smaller ones, and the bigger ones are so slow that they can hardly reach me).

As the previous poster advised me, I leave the game :)
And I agree, this is so bad, as there are so many good ideas in the game, this legacy league is the first one I play and I find it very funny.

See you maybe in 3.0.0 (provided there is some change on the way to get ascendency points).
I say maybe, because by then there will be so many other games, that I will have to make a choice to where my game time (and, by extension, money) goes :)

Imarion

This is the intended outcome, Imarion.

GGG has said that they like that the trials & lab cause people to stop donating and quit playing PoE. It creates a large, unfortunate rift in the community.

Be well in the future. You're doing the right thing.
Wonder how a company can afford to bypass potential customers nowadays.

But as long as they are happy and the salaries get paid ... :)

Imarion
"
Imarion wrote:
Wonder how a company can afford to bypass potential customers nowadays.

But as long as they are happy and the salaries get paid ... :)

Imarion

You are not the target audience. Thus you are not a potential customer. You are expected not to buy. It's all incorporated into the financial planning.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
I wonder WHY anyone would complain on anything that DOESNT NEED to be "done". Just... why?

Its like "I dont like bigmac so i wont buy at mcdonalds, because fk u". Personally im not eating that garbage and im just not going there. If i choose some restaurant with something i dont like i just dont buy it. In PoE if You dont like labirynth DONT DO IT.

What? No ascendancy points? Well every decision has its consequences, that is how reality works. What? You want them for free? Are U stupid?
I hate my shitty ISP more than lab. Every other game is fine, but for some reason POE and my ISP just aren't quite compatible. Rubber banding into traps is just routine at this point.

But yeah, lab is very repetitive. Uber lab has a point; loot. The others, not so much.
"
de99ial wrote:
I wonder WHY anyone would complain on anything that DOESNT NEED to be "done". Just... why?

Its like "I dont like bigmac so i wont buy at mcdonalds, because fk u". Personally im not eating that garbage and im just not going there. If i choose some restaurant with something i dont like i just dont buy it. In PoE if You dont like labirynth DONT DO IT.

What? No ascendancy points? Well every decision has its consequences, that is how reality works. What? You want them for free? Are U stupid?

These entitled post-millennial generation z kids like to ruin everything.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Broken analogies aside, it's sad to see GGG losing more custom because of this.

I have no doubt that the company will continue to succeed in spite of it. Swimmingly, even.

Just... not AS swimmingly as they perhaps would if the Lab were tweaked to make it both harder (substantively harder; not harder because of additional tedium) and more fun, or at the very least did not choose to lock character classes behind the most controversial content the game has ever seen.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info