Ascendency points and Oriath (aka remove Labyrinth mandatoriness)

"
Imarion wrote:
But i get pretty pissed off when doing it trying to get a specific enchantment.. it kinda ruins the game for me

It's the only reason why offering of the goddes cost 4c not 1 alch and good enchants (aka meta enchants) cost 1 ex+
Last edited by Aynix on Feb 21, 2017, 4:05:21 PM
I don't like it either, but normal, cruel and merc lab is actually doable for everyone also on Hardcore (for traps and Izaro damage you can adapt your char -basalt/granite flasks, extra movement skill, probably Leo shield enchant on weapon swap slot with reduced damage taken from damage over time, using an enduring cry gem if you didnt, use a high level stone golem for extra lifereg, even change something on skilltree, check daily phases on poe.lab and look them up in the wiki to know how to disable all buffs Izaro can get, etc)

What I do not like is uber lab trials, and the uber lab trap gauntlets and then the Izaro damage output.
If I doubt my char is capable of doing it (I only play HC leagues) I will just buy a run (trade 820 or global 820 channels or noticeboards in town) or ask a friend to do it with me/kill Izaro for me.
The game needs more Labyrinth mechanics, not less. Many more enemy skills, area of effects and maps should have % health/es damage tied to it so you can't simply outgear content. The Labyrinth is the best thing GGG has ever put out.
"
Kahirn wrote:
The game needs more Labyrinth mechanics, not less. Many more enemy skills, area of effects and maps should have % health/es damage tied to it so you can't simply outgear content. The Labyrinth is the best thing GGG has ever put out.

Yep. Meybe If traps were not only in labirynth but also in core game, less people would cry about how hard lab is...
"
Regulator wrote:
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
I love Labyrinth because its a fast and easy way to fund all of my character builds every league!

Apparently anyone who ever said "i like/love lab" does so for the phat lootz and not because its fundamentally fun or intriguing, and thats another reason amongst many why ascendancy points shouldnt be gated behind it. Let those who love farming it farm it, right? Why though the rest should suffer? Yeah thats right, cause one day 2 devs woke up and said : "hmmm what is missing from poe? hmmm some arcade minigame reminiscent of our childhood, something like frogger or contra or super metroid would be ideal content gating character progression in an ARPG, and im sure our players want exactly that, after all they came here to have fun with 90' arcade games and not hack and slash arpg madness, right? right? followed by pats in the back and cheering between them"

MAKE LAB OPTIONAL GGG, 3.0 is the perfect chance, re-allocate the points between the new content so you dont waste money and time, and after all you "solved" the classic arpg problem but repeating lab runs for character progression/optimization is somehow fine amongst this GRAND design huh? double standards much?

what part of No don't you understand?
Love labyrinth too ^^
You're right, OP. The lab & trials was a giant design blunder. GGG knows it, but they've sunk so much into creating it all that blind pride won't allow them to change it.

Although shortening it might help with the boring monotony of it, it can't 'fix' it.

For me it turned a game worth paying for often into a freebie. No biggie for GGG. Fortunately or them it seems the ones who love it the most have extra deep pockets!
Lab is awesome.
IGN TylordRampage
Well I have to preface this with the stipulation that I only started PoE in January of this year, so take this with a grain of salt:

I kinda like the Lab :D

With 3.0 on the horizon, I could see a realignment of how Ascendancy points are acquired, especially considering that Act III won't have the same sense of urgency that the plot applies to if (though the meta may not), seeing how we will have 10 Acts rather than 4, and the removal of Cruel and Merciless.

However, I'd be sad to see the Lab disappear completely.
how about we just do the lab once....
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info