Ascendency points and Oriath (aka remove Labyrinth mandatoriness)

I finished the Merciless Labyrinth after about 40 attempts, immediately after I'd leveled up (in Standard) so I didn't care how many times I died before I finally managed to make it.

I've attempted the endgame Labyrinth about 10 times now, and never made it more than a third of the way through. It's almost complete luck if I can make it through an area of traps where I can't see everything that's going on before entering. If I can't plan it out ahead of time, I almost always die. (I also die on the trials more often than I survive them, and finding one happens too infrequently for me to keep looking for them at the start of a level—by the time I've got to about 10% of a new level, it's no longer worth the risk for me to attempt it.) I currently have a single Offering to the Goddess in my inventory. I have as much faith in it being useful as I do in my winning the lottery.

Having said that, I still believe it makes sense to gate the rewards behind the Labyrinth. It's my choice to not obsess over getting those final 2 Ascendancy points. Even though I choose not to do so, I think it's a good game mechanism.
Well GGG is at least correct. Lab is here to stay. Who care what you think. Shut up, be quiet, move along. ok we've now heard from Corporate.

Screw Lab for walling itself off from the rest of the game.
Screw Lab for taking an eternity of time.
Screw Lab for all the disconnections desynce's and just outright random disconnections! (Of course this has NOTHING to do with the problem, just icing on the cake.

Look you guys have gone and made it IMPOSSIBLE to play the game without ascendancy point. WE BOW HUMBLE HEADS. We will do it ok.

but but you gotta give up stability so is the lab more stable now?
Do traps still completely bypass armour and killing you in 1.1 seconds when they hit no matter what?

Come on guys, CUT US SOME SLACK DAMNIT.
not that you will. I know you will not.
But still I play by all rules and I'm polite as hell.

Have a good day.
I always overlevel and cheese it. Get lvl 65-ish and do normal and cruel lab. Mercyless lab around 70-80-ish if I really need it, or get carried. I have a couple lvl 80+ toons, and a lvl 90, on HC. Have never done uberlab as the trials are just pure torture. Some trials are impossible to do due to the build. You can have the tankiest minions possible but they WILL die to the bleed-totem trap thing. If that was your DPS spectres you are fucked. Got a slow tank-esque character? Too bad, you wont make it, too slow. Got a tanky high-life toon? Now you are at disadvantage as instant flasks only fill 20% of your life, aka 0.1 seconds worth of trap damage. The trap i hate the most are the spikes coming up from the ground. Other traps you can mostly bypass with lightningwarp but not these. OK for normal lab when you can cheese the mobs, but then in uber trials you get the temp chains totems, bleed totems and some proper mobs to kill, while trying to reach the end of a never ending passage covered with timed spikes. Its just a pure sadistic self-torturing experience.

If the majority of the game was like this I would certainly never play it. No matter what your build is your character will be inferior if you skip this so its pretty much mandatory as content is balanced around you having the points.

So I might try to make a lab-character with super high regen%, flask nodes, not too much life, and good movement speed. Do the labs and then spend a shitload of currency to respec into something I enjoy playing. Or not lol. WTB "minion bleed avoidance support gem".

3.0 was the best chance they had to do this, what with killing gods and all. they didn't. They probably never will. It is what it is. GGG likes the lab, if you don't...well tough.
lab is fine, deal with it.
IGN TylordRampage
Cmon ppl merci lab is like show that ur build has grown any balls at all.
"
Xtorma wrote:
3.0 was the best chance they had to do this, what with killing gods and all. they didn't. They probably never will. It is what it is. GGG likes the lab, if you don't...well tough.
Ascending is entwined into the lore of the Labyrinth, you cant just remove it either way (not like they were going to and weve been saying this since the first complaints started).

People need to quit whining about it or quit, its as simple as that.

Spoiler
Yet some how for some people posting on the forums 24/7 and hunting for labyrinth threads to shit post in like its their job is somehow "a better use of time" than spending 5 minutes in each labyrinth. Not a single person is going to take anyone like that seriously and its the same handful of individuals shitting up the forums with their whining.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Lab is fantastic, because its challenging. This is an issue for some players. So.
"
Riborg wrote:
I always overlevel and cheese it. Get lvl 65-ish and do normal and cruel lab. Mercyless lab around 70-80-ish if I really need it, or get carried. I have a couple lvl 80+ toons, and a lvl 90, on HC. Have never done uberlab as the trials are just pure torture. Some trials are impossible to do due to the build. You can have the tankiest minions possible but they WILL die to the bleed-totem trap thing. If that was your DPS spectres you are fucked. Got a slow tank-esque character? Too bad, you wont make it, too slow. Got a tanky high-life toon? Now you are at disadvantage as instant flasks only fill 20% of your life, aka 0.1 seconds worth of trap damage. The trap i hate the most are the spikes coming up from the ground. Other traps you can mostly bypass with lightningwarp but not these. OK for normal lab when you can cheese the mobs, but then in uber trials you get the temp chains totems, bleed totems and some proper mobs to kill, while trying to reach the end of a never ending passage covered with timed spikes. Its just a pure sadistic self-torturing experience.

If the majority of the game was like this I would certainly never play it. No matter what your build is your character will be inferior if you skip this so its pretty much mandatory as content is balanced around you having the points.

So I might try to make a lab-character with super high regen%, flask nodes, not too much life, and good movement speed. Do the labs and then spend a shitload of currency to respec into something I enjoy playing. Or not lol. WTB "minion bleed avoidance support gem".

When I read something like that I am asking myself if that person rly seen lab trials/uber lab. You need 1 movement skill (lighting warp/shield charge/blink arrow/whirling blades) and you can do almost ALL of those trials in 2-3 min. (only one which will take you longer is burning rage). You just need to know how to do it. Great tip for you, and for all other whinners. Do you see totems? STAY ON THE DAMN TOTEM. Traps can't be in place of totem, so if you kill totem - you have place to stay before rushing next traps.
I will post here my video later, on which I literally walk through traps without single potion used on my charatcer with 400!! life regen. (impossible right? everyone know that you need all life regen nodes possible and like 3k/s life regen)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info