[LHC] 2.6 Ramona's CI Essence Drain

"
Arukan94 wrote:
Hello and thanks a lot for making this build. It's my first time playing a Witch above level 70 and in Maps so I'm a bit lost on what's good and what is not.

I'm trying to level up to about 85+ and see what I can achieve regarding Boss Kills. Would really like to do Chayula this league as it might be the last one where it's possible to do so.

If you could help me improve my Character I'd really appreciate it :)

Character Name is BetrayerOfKamigawa in Legacy Softcore

My Tooltip DPS at the moment is around 4,2k which sounds a bit low but I'm currently clearing comfortably till around T10~ which seems good for XP gain.

(=◡=💮)

Hi Arukan94,

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!
I'll take a look later tonight as I'm currently at work.
Sorry for the delay until then!
It may be easier to tune into stream for me to explain if there are any important changes you should make. :)
Last edited by Ramona on Mar 17, 2017, 11:00:28 AM
Hi Arukan94,

to get the full potential of the Witchfire flask, you need a 3 curse setup which needs Malediction.

I dont the see the point in Abyssal Cry, we have Profane Bloom for that. Less chance to trigger but automatic with no cooldown and much bigger explosions (25% life instead of 8%).

Since you are using a dagger, use Fortify with your Shield Charge.
Without Abyssal Cry you can use Flame Dash + Faster Casting too.
Btw dont use Poison Support when you are not going to stack poison. :)

If you like you could remove 4 points from Void Barrier and put them in Written in Blood.
Then you can remove the +10 int node near Hex Master.

You will loose 8% Elemental resist but you gain 5% ES, 1 skill point and 10 str.
As it looks you took a +10 str node elsewhere which can be removed then to get another skill point. :)
"
Xirce wrote:
Hi Arukan94,

to get the full potential of the Witchfire flask, you need a 3 curse setup which needs Malediction.

I'm not comfortable yet in doing Uber Lab so I just have Enfeeble Equipped to level it at the moment! I don't know how hard Uber Izaro will be for this build.

"
Xirce wrote:

I dont the see the point in Abyssal Cry, we have Profane Bloom for that. Less chance to trigger but automatic with no cooldown and much bigger explosions (25% life instead of 8%).

Since you are using a dagger, use Fortify with your Shield Charge.
Without Abyssal Cry you can use Flame Dash + Faster Casting too.
Btw dont use Poison Support when you are not going to stack poison. :)

If you like you could remove 4 points from Void Barrier and put them in Written in Blood.
Then you can remove the +10 int node near Hex Master.

You will loose 8% Elemental resist but you gain 5% ES, 1 skill point and 10 str.
As it looks you took a +10 str node elsewhere which can be removed then to get another skill point. :)

Yes I agree with Abyssal Cry, I wanted to see if it's any good because I saw Ramona using it on his Character but I don't understand the Purpose of it (yet)

Thanks for the suggestion and I switched to SC - FA - Fortify in my Dagger and my Boots to FD - FC and Vaal Lightning Trap (i dont know what to put in the last gem slot)

I'm feeling more comfortable at the moment with Void Barrier but as soon as I find a better res Belt I will probably change from it!

Thanks for the Help!
I'll summarize briefly on these changes.

The only real downside to running Abyssal Cry is you don't have room for CWDT-IC anymore.
I had at least two free gem links after removing Vaal Disc and Inc Duration.
(Which lowered the amount of Strength required for the build.)

*Note*
Abyssal Cry and Profane Bloom can trigger from the same monster (corpse).
There is no downside to running both, it simply means stronger packs, Rares or Bosses will die much quicker.
The main issue is I would not allocate more points to say Skill Effect Duration to scale my poison further.
(As my normal Essence Drain does not scale poison damage)
Though I would note, modifiers to AoE damage, DoT damage, Chaos damage and 'Damage' do scale the poison.
With all but the DoT damage modifier double dipping.

I personally find it hard to justify any other use of the slots I had available.
All in all it should smoothen out the playstyle of the build with no real downsides.
Unfortunately I would like to slot a flame dash but I cannot personally justify removing another gem slot currently.

In other news, if you do plan on running similar uniques to mine, I would certainly encourage you to use Void Barrier.
10 Strength would be incredibly easy to find on gear, 24% all resistance would not.
In total you lose 10 Str for 10 Dex, 5% ES for 10% Energy Shield Recharge Rate, 1 skill point for 24% all resistance and just lose a 10 int node.
I would consider prioritizing Written for Blood if I could slot Energy From Within nearby, but all of these life nodes are wasted.
Two points alone for Written for Blood coming down from Atrophy is most justifiable, but I would prefer an extra Jewel slot myself.

Hopefully this helps. :)
Last edited by Ramona on Mar 17, 2017, 1:30:03 PM
"
Ramona wrote:
I'll summarize briefly on these changes.

The only real downside to running Abyssal Cry is you don't have room for CWDT-IC anymore.
I had at least two free gem links after removing Vaal Disc and Inc Duration.
(Which lowered the amount of Strength required for the build.)

*Note*
Abyssal Cry and Profane Bloom can trigger from the same monster (corpse).
There is no downside to running both, it simply means stronger packs, Rares or Bosses will die much quicker.
The main issue is I would not allocate more points to say Skill Effect Duration to scale my poison further.
(As my normal Essence Drain does not scale poison damage)
Though I would note, modifiers to AoE damage, DoT damage, Chaos damage and 'Damage' do scale the poison.
With all but the DoT damage modifier double dipping.

I personally find it hard to justify any other use of the slots I had available.
All in all it should smoothen out the playstyle of the build with no real downsides.
Unfortunately I would like to slot a flame dash but I cannot personally justify removing another gem slot currently.

I enjoy having Shield Charge + Flame Dash available too and I didn't know how Abyssal Cry works. I think for now as long as I'm not doing bosses I'll stay on it and switch again when I'm trying bosses or T15. Which might be soon considering I need to get U-Lab done.

Thanks for the thought-out help. Your Guide is really good :)
"
Ramona wrote:

In other news, if you do plan on running similar uniques to mine, I would certainly encourage you to use Void Barrier.
10 Strength would be incredibly easy to find on gear, 24% all resistance would not.
In total you lose 10 Str for 10 Dex, 5% ES for 10% Energy Shield Recharge Rate, 1 skill point for 24% all resistance and just lose a 10 int node.
I would consider prioritizing Written for Blood if I could slot Energy From Within nearby, but all of these life nodes are wasted.
Two points alone for Written for Blood coming down from Atrophy is most justifiable, but I would prefer an extra Jewel slot myself.

If you really need 8 all resist, then I would pick Faith and Steel, which is 3 points for 17% ES and 8 all resists, much better choice than Void Barrier(4 points for 20% ES and 8 all resists). Written in Blood is 2 points for 15% ES and 10 str, which is very efficient and should always be picked.

Actually imho your choice of gears and tree seems more like SC than HC. For HC you want to first get as much ES as possible since damage is always more than enough for mapping.
Last edited by hupple on Mar 18, 2017, 12:29:24 PM
"
hupple wrote:
"
Ramona wrote:

If you really need 8 all resist, then I would pick Faith and Steel, which is 3 points for 17% ES and 8 all resists, much better choice than Void Barrier(4 points for 20% ES and 8 all resists). Written in Blood is 2 points for 15% ES and 10 str, which is very efficient and should always be picked.

Actually imho your choice of gears and tree seems more like SC than HC. For HC you want to first get as much ES as possible since damage is always more than enough for mapping.

Hi hupple,

Definitely a valid point for Faith and Steel.
I'll work that update into my skill trees.
Honestly depending on how good your gear is this tree without those changes is in the 12-13k ES range.
I wouldn't say it can comfortably farm Shaper or Uber AtIri with that ES pool, but it is more than enough for mapping.
Last edited by Ramona on Mar 18, 2017, 1:11:16 PM
"
Ramona wrote:
"
hupple wrote:
"
Ramona wrote:

Hi hupple,

Definitely a valid point for Faith and Steel.
I'll work that update into my skill trees.
Honestly depending on how good your gear is this tree without those changes is in the 12-13k ES range.
I wouldn't say it can comfortably farm Shaper or Uber AtIri with that ES pool, but it is more than enough for mapping.

anyway, Void Barrier grants %energy shield recharge rate and increased evasion rating for when our witchfire brew is up
what do you think about Liftingnerdbro and Zizaran' setup? they skip zealoth's oath to use a sorrow of the divine or grab the faster start of es recharge rate nodes, and they take the spell damage points or chaos damage points.
zizaran uses an orb of storm to cast enfeeble and vulnerability, while liftingnerd takes some mana nodes on the way to whispers of doom.
the only downside I've noticed is that they probably put some strength and dexterity on pieces of gear to reach the requirements for daggers and gems, making their builds more gear dependant
Last edited by Giammafix on Mar 18, 2017, 1:43:48 PM
"
Giammafix wrote:
what do you think about Liftingnerdbro and Zizaran' setup? they skip zealoth's oath to use a sorrow of the divine or grab the faster start of es recharge rate nodes, and they take the spell damage points or chaos damage points.
zizaran uses an orb of storm to cast enfeeble and vulnerability, while liftingnerd takes some mana nodes on the way to whispers of doom.
the only downside I've noticed is that they probably put some strength and dexterity on pieces of gear to reach the requirements for daggers and gems, making their builds more gear dependant

Hi Giammafix,

Honestly I haven't looked much into their setups.
Zealot's Oath is something I've definitely considered dropping and running Sorrow of the Divine.
I personally prefer running Zealot's Oath, having the comfort that my ES regen is not tied to a flask.
Also I'm considering running a Rumi's Concotion in my setup, and I would only have room for one more unique flask currently.
ES recharge rate is definitely useful, I just do not prioritize it for my setups.
It is definitely a viable option.
Orb of Storms is certainly another way to utilize curses but it has its limitations.
It all comes down to your preference in playstyle, the choices I have made are how I enjoy playing the build. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info