[LHC] 2.6 Ramona's CI Essence Drain

"
xAgility wrote:
Playing a modified version of this build. Been loving it so far, almost hitting 93 in Legacy Hardcore. I am sitting at 12.5k es currenty. Going to buy voidwalkers soon. If you're interested in my skill tree, my character page is open. Thinking about doing guardians. How does this build fair up against each guardian?

My current gear :

Hi xAgility,

To be honest I haven't done the guardians myself.
I am unfortunately not the best source for this information. :)
"
RabzH wrote:
ive followed ur tree and ive picked void barrier up too, im still lvl 83 though and will prolly have 7 extra points later,

where can i put these 7 passive points for more damage?i feel like my damage isnt that great for single targets like uber izzaro

ive been thinking about taking the witch start spell damage passives

Hi RabzH,

Single target is going to suffer when you are still running on a 5L and not using Empower.
Unfortunately an end game boss like Uber Izaro is not going to feel very fast with a budget setup.
This is where a large spike in your damage will come from, and very good jewels later on.
"
tanteMYN wrote:
Hi all and hi Ramona,
i have an unusual question because i think i'm missing some really important Informations
or mechanics concerning CI/ED. i try to get myself to maps lvl 10+ but i have 2 bigger Problems:

1. i think my ES is to low, with my 7500 ES i get 1-shottet sometimes.
2. i think my damage with 4500 tooltip-dps is to low.

the Problem i have is that i dont know why and how get rid of These 2 things.

maybe someone can help me and is able to explain me some of my mistakes. i don't know if my Problems are gear- or skilltreewise.

thx in regard and good Drops for all of u
myn

Hi tanteMYN,

I would recommend dropping your current chest and buying a 600+ ES one that is 5 linked.
A level 1 empower is not doing anything for your damage and a 150 ES chest is honestly horrible.
Also I would recommend buying a pair of Rainbowstride boots, and a better shield (350 es) at least.
I would use more defensive flasks than you currently are, I do not run any quicksilvers in my build.
Please review the Skill Trees, Gems and Gear section of my guides.
I personally do not use The Consuming Dark, I instead use a Delirium crafted Sai dagger.
Hopefully this helps. :)
Hi Ramona,

i wonder why you prefer Empower over Slower Projectiles in a 6 Link? Or dont you?

Unlike all the other support gems Empower doesent boost Decay and therefore in total is even worse than Pierce (even a lvl 3 one). On the other hand Slower Projectiles is a huge push to both ED and Decay.

How to get 4 green Sockets on a Vaal Regalia is different story. :)
Hey again Romana,

I've made some substantial changes to my tree and gear and am pretty happy with the results. I'm much tankier; even though I have slightly less ES. The potion effectiveness along with curse effectiveness have improved my character dramatically.

My damage has also gone up quite a bit after swapping in slower projectiles and putting in a level 2 empower. I'm sitting at just under 18k right now unbuffed. I'm still working on getting Elreon 7 so I can remove the spell damage roll on my dagger and roll the higher tier.

I've also removed the need almost entirely to spec into strength. I've removed increased duration and de-leveled my fortify. I think this was just what I needed to do to really be able to fit the character within my budget.

Here's my character's gear & skill tree.

Spoiler

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAMeDXwOSA5cD6sRLxFQEZYVfhXXFr8YahmKGo8bJRzcHRQdqh9BIvQkiyaIKPorCiymLL8vbzQKNbk3Zj1fQnpFfkZxSRNLrkyzTm1SU1KvVmNXyVgHXEBca13yYlpn_GnYavpsC20ZcLt1nnaCeC96cHzlfPB-oX_GgseDCYRIhMWGrofLieCPGo9Gj_qRB5MfkyeXBpeVl_SboZu1nDKhL6XEpwinK6ebrUq0DLTRtUi3MLiTu_y-isHFwzrDbcSiyAzK088V2RPZW9-K35jhiOZY6FrpAuq662Pr7uwY9tr3wffX-ej60vsJ_kk=

Again, I really appreciate you personally coming and helping me with my build, it helped a lot and it really pointed me in the right direction.
Last edited by superjack010 on Mar 14, 2017, 6:37:23 PM
"
superjack010 wrote:
Hey again Romana,

I've made some substantial changes to my tree and gear and am pretty happy with the results. I'm much tankier; even though I have slightly less ES. The potion effectiveness along with curse effectiveness have improved my character dramatically.

My damage has also gone up quite a bit after swapping in slower projectiles and putting in a level 2 empower. I'm sitting at just under 18k right now unbuffed. I'm still working on getting Elreon 7 so I can remove the spell damage roll on my dagger and roll the higher tier.

I've also removed the need almost entirely to spec into strength. I've removed increased duration and de-leveled my fortify. I think this was just what I needed to do to really be able to fit the character within my budget.

Here's my character's gear & skill tree.

Spoiler

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAMeDXwOSA5cD6sRLxFQEZYVfhXXFr8YahmKGo8bJRzcHRQdqh9BIvQkiyaIKPorCiymLL8vbzQKNbk3Zj1fQnpFfkZxSRNLrkyzTm1SU1KvVmNXyVgHXEBca13yYlpn_GnYavpsC20ZcLt1nnaCeC96cHzlfPB-oX_GgseDCYRIhMWGrofLieCPGo9Gj_qRB5MfkyeXBpeVl_SboZu1nDKhL6XEpwinK6ebrUq0DLTRtUi3MLiTu_y-isHFwzrDbcSiyAzK088V2RPZW9-K35jhiOZY6FrpAuq662Pr7uwY9tr3wffX-ej60vsJ_kk=

Again, I really appreciate you personally coming and helping me with my build, it helped a lot and it really pointed me in the right direction.

Hi again superjack010,

Really glad to hear things are working better for you now!
If you have any further questions feel free to ask. :)

*Edit*
As a side note the gem links are likely to change for 2.6 and will require less strength than before.
Last edited by Ramona on Mar 14, 2017, 8:50:25 PM
"
Xirce wrote:
Hi Ramona,

i wonder why you prefer Empower over Slower Projectiles in a 6 Link? Or dont you?

Unlike all the other support gems Empower doesent boost Decay and therefore in total is even worse than Pierce (even a lvl 3 one). On the other hand Slower Projectiles is a huge push to both ED and Decay.

How to get 4 green Sockets on a Vaal Regalia is different story. :)

Hi Xirce,

The easiest way to explain this is that raising the base damage of ED is by far superior to adding another multiplier.
Your supporting gem links don't scale off of each other.
But adding empower does scale the other gem links.
Here's two pictures of my current level 20 ED and my other character's level 24 ED.
Even with losing the Decay scaling, this is more damage from my understanding.
Hopefully this helps.

Current https://puu.sh/uJdlT/7f83439757.jpg
Old https://puu.sh/uJdju/388ab4370a.jpg

*Edit*
It is worth noting that the "Deals ___ Base Chaos Damage Per Second" number is not affected by the supporting links, purely gem level.
Last edited by Ramona on Mar 14, 2017, 9:00:50 PM
a
Last edited by RabzH on Mar 15, 2017, 10:41:41 AM
"
Xirce wrote:
Hi RabzH,

since we are using Decay and not spamming ED like in a poison based build, 12% Damage over time nodes are better than 10% Spell damage ones. There are 2 next to Growth and Decay.

You could improve your single target damage by using Faster Casting with your Wither Spell Totem (atm you have 2x Wither). More stacks of Wither earlier means more damage earlier and 140% increased chaos damage on 20 stacks is alot.

tyvm for that, and im already using faster casting with wither totem :)

Last edited by RabzH on Mar 15, 2017, 10:43:46 AM
ive taken all of the growth and decay wheel, should i invest into the 10% chaos damage nodes at the start of shadow tree or not worth it ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info