[LHC] 2.6 Ramona's CI Essence Drain

"
RabzH wrote:
ive taken all of the growth and decay wheel, should i invest into the 10% chaos damage nodes at the start of shadow tree or not worth it ?

10% Chaos node is like a 10% Spell damage node. I rather would take the Spell damage nodes to Occultist's Dominion then.

Since you are looking for more damage the biggest boost would give you a Witchfire flask. Even without the Vulnerability Curse (since you are only using 2 Curses) it would increase your dps.

But if you dont like the constant use of flasks, try Vulnerability instead of Temporal Chains. Then you should use the poor man's Temporal Chain, called CwDT + Vortex. :)
"
RabzH wrote:
ive taken all of the growth and decay wheel, should i invest into the 10% chaos damage nodes at the start of shadow tree or not worth it ?

Hi RabzH,

I personally do not take those nodes but I know other ED builds do prioritize them.
I just don't find the extra damage necessary.
can i start this build directly from the CI version tree? or will the lvling be too bad? I do have tabula and needed currency for lvling items

not a fan of respecing later on >.>
Last edited by IAmSoGoodLol on Mar 16, 2017, 7:54:08 AM
"
IAmSoGoodLol wrote:
can i start this build directly from the CI version tree? or will the lvling be too bad? I do have tabula and needed currency for lvling items

I dont like to respec as well, but going for CI directly isnt useful.
At early levels you need all the damage you can get, so going for Spell Damage first is almost a must.

I took Occultist's Dominion, then Deep Vision, after that Blast Radius.
Heart and Soul is needed since Mana is a big issue.
Now i went to the left of Occultist's Dominion and up to get Corruption, since going over Cruel Preparation costs too much respec Points.

Then i went for Melding and Written in Blood.
Both are perfect for getting a good mix of life and ES, since we are not going for the life wheel around Constitution.

I am using a Stone Golem and i am happy about it because it makes me tankier, it can taunt mobs, even bosses and provides good life regen which can be converted to ES regen later on.

For more life regen i took Growth and Decay. Then i went for Shaper and Foresight.
Fangs of Viper next for some extra damage.

The key is to close the big wheel around Occultist's Dominion, Deep Wisdom and Foresight.
Then put points into the ES nodes near Witch.
At that point you only need to remove Points from Heart and Soul (3), 2 points left of Occultist's Dominion and some Spell Damage nodes below if you want.
The respec costs are minimal, less than 10 points.

For going CI you need proper CI gear which has a lvl requirement of around 70.
Its hardly worth going CI before that level.

I would keep Melding and written in Blood for several reasons.
You get the most ES for points invested (25% instead of 24% (4x 6% nodes)).
Melding can be improved by using an ES jewel next to it, converting the life into ES.
The full wheel of Written in Blood gives you 25% ES for 3 points since you can remove a +10 int node then.
"
Xirce wrote:
"
IAmSoGoodLol wrote:

I dont like to respec as well, but going for CI directly isnt useful.
At early levels you need all the damage you can get, so going for Spell Damage first is almost a must.

I took Occultist's Dominion, then Deep Vision, after that Blast Radius.
Heart and Soul is needed since Mana is a big issue.
Now i went to the left of Occultist's Dominion and up to get Corruption, since going over Cruel Preparation costs too much respec Points.

Then i went for Melding and Written in Blood.
Both are perfect for getting a good mix of life and ES, since we are not going for the life wheel around Constitution.

I am using a Stone Golem and i am happy about it because it makes me tankier, it can taunt mobs, even bosses and provides good life regen which can be converted to ES regen later on.

For more life regen i took Growth and Decay. Then i went for Shaper and Foresight.
Fangs of Viper next for some extra damage.

The key is to close the big wheel around Occultist's Dominion, Deep Wisdom and Foresight.
Then put points into the ES nodes near Witch.
At that point you only need to remove Points from Heart and Soul (3), 2 points left of Occultist's Dominion and some Spell Damage nodes below if you want.
The respec costs are minimal, less than 10 points.

For going CI you need proper CI gear which has a lvl requirement of around 70.
Its hardly worth going CI before that level.

I would keep Melding and written in Blood for several reasons.
You get the most ES for points invested (25% instead of 24% (4x 6% nodes)).
Melding can be improved by using an ES jewel next to it, converting the life into ES.
The full wheel of Written in Blood gives you 25% ES for 3 points since you can remove a +10 int node then.

okay thanks i will try this aswell.
hi back again from business trip. i want to say thx @ all which ehre helping. i give the new input a try now :)
"
IAmSoGoodLol wrote:

Hi IAmSoGoodLol,

I would agree with most of what Xirce wrote.
I would just note that not using one of the two later CI versions will affect your character negatively. (In my opinion)
Feel free to make whatever changes you find necessary for your playstyle.
I would just note here that you receive 24 free respec points from quests alone.
With my total respec only costing 39 points last I checked.
There are certainly ways to optimize the tree more for not as costly of a respec.
But after much investigstion, I use those respec skill trees to have the most value available for your points at that level.
Hopefully this helps. :)

*Edit*
I would recommend watching this video from 8:00 minutes on for more information on how to respec.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QP0B873pIZg
It's not 100% perfect as I have updated the trees more recently but ill probably make a new video specifically about the respec.
Last edited by Ramona on Mar 16, 2017, 5:59:13 PM
"
Ramona wrote:
"
IAmSoGoodLol wrote:

Hi IAmSoGoodLol,

I would agree with most of what Xirce wrote.
I would just note that not using one of the two later CI versions will affect your character negatively. (In my opinion)
Feel free to make whatever changes you find necessary for your playstyle.
I would just note here that you receive 24 free respec points from quests alone.
With my total respec only costing 39 points last I checked.
There are certainly ways to optimize the tree more for not as costly of a respec.
But after much investigstion, I use those respec skill trees to have the most value avaible for your points at that level.
Hopefully this helps. :)

*Edit*
I would recommend watching this video from 8:00 minutes on for more information on how to respec.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QP0B873pIZg
It's not 100% perfect as I have updated the trees more recently but ill probably make a new video specifically about the respec.

yes i did watch that video.

Guess i will just complete all the side quests aswell for the respec points then. i have 20 regrets on me already. Thanks for the reply.
Playing the build has been and still is an interesting experiment.

Here is what ive learned so far:

1) Take Profane Bloom first, the chain reactions are alot better than expected.

2) RNGesus is a strange guy. He gives you an Exalted at level 60 but you are not allowed to have 3 green sockets on a 5 linked Vaal Regalia. Wasted 150 Chrom and have to farm it like mad now!

3) This game isnt about logic, Shield Charge is not about shields!!! Its more about weapons because you are not allowed to wear a wand even when using a shield. It should be renamed in No-wands-allowed Charge.

4) Having a wand means Lightning Warp is the way to go since Flame Dash is....

5) Lightning Warp is way better than expected in this build, since it procs Decay. Together with Less Duration and Rapid Decay, Decay gets even better.

So what is Lightning Warp good for:
- Unlike Shield Charge little peebles dont stop you and its the proper way how a witch should move around. :)
- Warping in and out of normal packs is killing them quickly while you move on. Profane Bloom is doing the rest.
- Its great for Breaches to trigger Profane Bloom quickly and the high mobility is useful.
- Its great to get to totems or bosses with the "you cant kill me" aura. I am even thinking of dropping Pierce for Slower Projectiles.

Decay hits like a lvl 19 ED (alot less with Lightning warp) and it doesent scale. I think at lvl 90 for example killing with Lightning Warp becomes less useful but until then i really enjoy it!
The only drawback is that you dont have Fortify. At least you not have to run into mobs constantly with a bad chance of hitting them (compared to a melee char).

Hello and thanks a lot for making this build. It's my first time playing a Witch above level 70 and in Maps so I'm a bit lost on what's good and what is not.

I'm trying to level up to about 85+ and see what I can achieve regarding Boss Kills. Would really like to do Chayula this league as it might be the last one where it's possible to do so.

If you could help me improve my Character I'd really appreciate it :)

Character Name is BetrayerOfKamigawa in Legacy Softcore

My Tooltip DPS at the moment is around 4,2k which sounds a bit low but I'm currently clearing comfortably till around T10~ which seems good for XP gain.

(=◡=💮)
Last edited by Arukan94 on Mar 17, 2017, 9:49:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info