PewDiePie vs Fake News

"
jackof8lades wrote:
@budget player

just a quik look at the cites you gave

1 A study from sweden yeah srry cannot and will not belief those studies were not non biased the whole country lives in denial of reality.

Maybe you missed this, but your source cites a study from Sweden. And lies about it! You didn't address that, but whatever.

"
But lets have a look anyway lol that succesrate wow impressive and ofc total bs would not be surprised if they cherrypicked these patients out of a larger pool,or outright lied.

I had to sorta sit here for a minute when I read this, because it kind of blew my mind how fucking blinkered this claim was.

It's apparently not good enough that the study be published in peer review. Apparently that's still suspect, because... No reason given, you just assume that the study is fraudulent because reasons.

...What?

Not to be a dick, but you accused me of ignoring your evidence and arguing in bad faith because I pointed out, rightfully, that ACPED is not a reliable source, and that the available evidence contradicts them. Now I provide evidence, and your excuse is... nationalism and "I just don't believe it for no explained reason".

Wat.

Please explain to me how this makes sense, because I honestly don't get it.

"
So i took some time to look into the 6 links you provide and they are just laughable no doubt the rest is just as bad.

A friendly reminder that the only thing you've cited is a fringe society of hard-right christian activists with apparently no qualms whatsoever about lying about the content of the studies they cite. You still haven't answered my question about abstinence-only education, by the way - the only thing you are using as a source believes that abstinence-only education is the way to go, do you agree with them on that?

Maybe instead of simply dismissing my research out of hand, you should spend a little time making sure your position is on solid ground. In fact, only one of us have even bothered to cite the peer-reviewed literature. Now it's your turn. How about you provide what you consider to be a reliable, peer-reviewed study on any of the following topics:

1. Rate of "regret" among those who undergo gender reassignment.
2. Medical or health outcomes among transgender individuals who undergo gender reassignment compared to transgender individuals who do not
3. Anything related you consider relevant to the discussion

Please note that "A statement of position by a fringe group that contradicts the established consensus in the relevant medical fields" is not the same thing as a peer-reviewed study.

For what it's worth, every single transgender individual I know felt significantly better about themselves and their health once they got on HRT. There's a reason it's held up as the gold standard of treatment for gender dysphoria by every mainstream health care organization.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Feb 19, 2017, 11:57:33 AM
Your "studies" were a joke not much more to say nice cherrypicking btw how about adressing all 6 of my comments.
Also as stated in the article there are multiple sources cited so you are lying when you say i dont give sources.
You just go on and on how bad the sources i provide are yet you say nothing about the studies themself gee i wonder why.
I am suspicious of evrything but at least ill give the studie itself a look.
but here ill poste the references in the article i mentioned

1. Consortium on the Management of Disorders of Sex Development, “Clinical Guidelines for the Management of Disorders of Sex Development in Childhood.” Intersex Society of North America, March 25, 2006. Accessed 3/20/16 from http://www.dsdguidelines.org/files/clinical.pdf.

2. Zucker, Kenneth J. and Bradley Susan J. “Gender Identity and Psychosexual Disorders.” FOCUS: The Journal of Lifelong Learning in Psychiatry. Vol. III, No. 4, Fall 2005 (598-617).

3. Whitehead, Neil W. “Is Transsexuality biologically determined?” Triple Helix (UK), Autumn 2000, p6-8. accessed 3/20/16 from http://www.mygenes.co.nz/transsexuality.htm; see also Whitehead, Neil W. “Twin Studies of Transsexuals [Reveals Discordance]” accessed 3/20/16 from http://www.mygenes.co.nz/transs_stats.htm.

4. Jeffreys, Sheila. Gender Hurts: A Feminist Analysis of the Politics of Transgenderism. Routledge, New York, 2014 (pp.1-35).

5. American Psychiatric Association: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, Arlington, VA, American Psychiatric Association, 2013 (451-459). See page 455 re: rates of persistence of gender dysphoria.

6. Hembree, WC, et al. Endocrine treatment of transsexual persons: an Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:3132-3154.

7. Olson-Kennedy, J and Forcier, M. “Overview of the management of gender nonconformity in children and adolescents.” UpToDate November 4, 2015. Accessed 3.20.16 from www.uptodate.com.

8. Moore, E., Wisniewski, & Dobs, A. “Endocrine treatment of transsexual people: A review of treatment regimens, outcomes, and adverse effects.” The Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism, 2003; 88(9), pp3467-3473.

9. FDA Drug Safety Communication issued for Testosterone products accessed 3.20.16: http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/ucm161874.htm.

10. World Health Organization Classification of Estrogen as a Class I Carcinogen: http://www.who.int/reproductivehealth/topics/ageing/cocs_hrt_statement.pdf.

11. Eyler AE, Pang SC, Clark A. LGBT assisted reproduction: current practice and future possibilities. LGBT Health 2014;1(3):151-156.

12. Dhejne, C, et.al. “Long-Term Follow-Up of Transsexual Persons Undergoing Sex Reassignment Surgery: Cohort Study in Sweden.” PLoS ONE, 2011; 6(2). Affiliation: Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Division of Psychiatry, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden. Accessed 3.20.16 from http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885

Btw these are actual studies not surveys like you linked(lmfao btw thinking a survey is a study)
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Last edited by jackof8lades on Feb 19, 2017, 12:09:23 PM
"
jackof8lades wrote:
Your "studies" were a joke not much more to say nice cherrypicking btw how about adressing all 6 of my comments.
Also as stated in the article there are multiple sources cited so you are lying when you say i dont give sources.

And for shits and giggles, I went and looked up one of those sources. ACPED lied about what is in the source. How do I know this? Even assuming I'm not scientifically literate enough to read the article and spot the error, I can tell because the author said so.

"
You just go on and on how bad the sources i provide are yet you say nothing about the studies themself gee i wonder why.

The hypocrisy here is absolutely nuts. You rejected a source out of hand because it was from Sweden and you didn't trust the result. Why didn't you trust the result? Because it went against your preconceived notions. Because you couldn't believe the results could be that positive.

"
but here ill poste the references in the article i mentioned

Before I go through this list, can we please just address something?

"
12. Dhejne, C, et.al. “Long-Term Follow-Up of Transsexual Persons Undergoing Sex Reassignment Surgery: Cohort Study in Sweden.” PLoS ONE, 2011; 6(2). Affiliation: Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Division of Psychiatry, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden. Accessed 3.20.16 from http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885

Do you even read what I post, or do you just not bother? Again: the author of this study explained in very clear terms that this is a misrepresentation of her work. In the article itself, she cites a large number of studies that more accurately address the question of "do HRT and gender reassignment help outcomes in patients of gender dysphoria", all of which unambiguously show that they do. So why would you cite this at me in an attempt to show that HRT or gender reassignment are harmful? The study does not answer that question at all.

This is why I think your source is crap. It's trivial to post a long list of citations at the end of an article. Fucking Mercola does it on articles where they talk about how cancer is literally a fungus. But when those sources cited do not actually support the claims being made, it's worthless.

So do you accept that ACPED is being dishonest when they cite Dhenje et al 2011 to back up the claim that HRT and gender reassignment are harmful to gender dysphoric individuals? If so, we can move on to the next source. If not, you need to stop acting like you're interested in an honest discussion.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
You remain dishonest and dismissive and cherrypick from what i say and list, there is no point in furhter discussion you constantly and deliberately misrepresent what i say yes i am dismissive from anything from sweden but as i said i will look at the data nonetheless.
And isnt it funny how the auther of the swedish studie claims to have been misreprisented i wonder why that would be in a country like sweden i wonder i wonder,yeah i actualy dont as ppl have actualy lost their jobs going against the leftist narritive.
Going against the leftists narrative is basicly proffesional suicide nowadays so no wonder she makes that claim this way the data is actualy accurate but she can still pretend to follow the leftist narrative, quit clever actualy.

It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
jackof8lades wrote:
You remain dishonest and dismissive and cherrypick from what i say and list, there is no point in furhter discussion you constantly and deliberately misrepresent what i say yes i am dismissive from anything from sweden but as i said i will look at the data nonetheless.
And isnt it funny how the auther of the swedish studie claims to have been misreprisented i wonder why that would be in a country like sweden i wonder i wonder,yeah i actualy dont as ppl have actualy lost their jobs going against the leftist narritive.
Going against the leftists narrative is basicly proffesional suicide nowadays so no wonder she makes that claim this way the data is actualy accurate but she can still pretend to follow the leftist narrative, quit clever actualy.

Or, alternatively, you could read the study. I mean, I don't credit you with the ability to actually read and understand a scientific study, which is why I brought up the author in the first place. But just reading the study shows that the study compares health out comes of gender dysphoric individuals who underwent treatment to the general populace, when the comparison you need is between gender dysphoric individuals who underwent treatment and those who did not.

Just to be clear how dishonest this is, imagine that a study compares health outcomes of people with prostate cancer who are receiving chemotherapy to the health outcomes of the general populace. It determines (no shocker) that the people receiving chemotherapy have worse health outcomes than those without cancer. Then, some fucknugget from Natural News points to the study and says, "See, people on chemotherapy are worse off!" Can you see the problem yet? You moron?

The reason I'm dismissive is because you've picked up on a crap source, don't appear to actually have read its sources, reflexively rejected any evidence from any other source, and generally acted like the worst kind of denialist moron. You know why I didn't address the rest of your claims after you rejected that study for being from Sweden? Because you rejected a study because it was from Sweden! Not even the fucking source YOU CITE does that! Clearly, this is the sign of a clear thinker. At this point I'm more here to point out how fucking stupid what you're saying is for the benefit of anyone else who might buy into your shit than any actual hopes of changing your mind.
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Feb 19, 2017, 1:20:46 PM
"

Or, alternatively, you could read the study. I mean, I don't credit you with the ability to actually read and understand a scientific study
[/quote]

Back to insults well if all else fails right?
It's ok to be white

"
jackof8lades wrote:
"

Or, alternatively, you could read the study. I mean, I don't credit you with the ability to actually read and understand a scientific study

Back to insults well if all else fails right?

Well shit, prove me wrong. Read the damn study and tell me what it shows. You clearly still haven't.
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Feb 19, 2017, 2:09:19 PM
hey guys I'm trying to read your posts and shit....

one thing came up to my mind, intelligent people are able to shorten their complex most thoughts in just a few words.
"
diablofdb wrote:
hey guys I'm trying to read your posts and shit....

one thing came up to my mind, intelligent people are able to shorten their complex most thoughts in just a few words.

Okay. How does quantum mechanics work?

You have 20 words.

Have fun.
"

Well shit, prove me wrong. Read the damn study and tell me what it shows. You clearly still haven't.

Yes i have stop lying stop insulting me you have no interest in any discussion whatsoever you will dismiss any and all facts and studies i present and resort to insults when you have no real answer, this to no surprise has become utterly pointless, i am gonna leave it at this as we are just repeating ourselfes here.
It's ok to be white

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info