PewDiePie vs Fake News

"
diablofdb wrote:
You are crazy.... I'm sorry but I have not seen anyone wearing a Nazis Swastika yet so.....

This is like saying, "Jenny McCarthy says she wants safe vaccines, and she hasn't called for a ban on all vaccines, so she's clearly not antivax".

Another good piece on this:

https://www.wired.com/2017/02/pewdiepie-racism-alt-right/

The fact that the Daily Stormer has taken to calling itself a PewDiePie fansite should ring alarm bells with everyone - particularly PewDiePie himself.

FWIW I'm at a bit of a loss as to which news articles are "fake news" here. So far I've read a Wired article, a Guardian article, a Vox article, and a Washington Post article. Not a single one of them has failed to make it clear that his statements were meant as jokes. They've made that abundantly clear. Maybe it's in the WSJ article - although anyone claiming that the WSJ is "liberal" clearly hasn't read their editorial section lately - but I can't read the WSJ article, as it's behind a paywall, and tarring the entirety of the media because the WSJ published a lousy report is kinda weak. If I were him I'd be a little more pissed off at the actual neo-nazis holding me up as an icon.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
"
diablofdb wrote:
You are crazy.... I'm sorry but I have not seen anyone wearing a Nazis Swastika yet so.....

This is like saying, "Jenny McCarthy says she wants safe vaccines, and she hasn't called for a ban on all vaccines, so she's clearly not antivax".

Another good piece on this:

https://www.wired.com/2017/02/pewdiepie-racism-alt-right/

The fact that the Daily Stormer has taken to calling itself a PewDiePie fansite should ring alarm bells with everyone - particularly PewDiePie himself.

FWIW I'm at a bit of a loss as to which news articles are "fake news" here. So far I've read a Wired article, a Guardian article, a Vox article, and a Washington Post article. Not a single one of them has failed to make it clear that his statements were meant as jokes. They've made that abundantly clear. Maybe it's in the WSJ article - although anyone claiming that the WSJ is "liberal" clearly hasn't read their editorial section lately - but I can't read the WSJ article, as it's behind a paywall, and tarring the entirety of the media because the WSJ published a lousy report is kinda weak. If I were him I'd be a little more pissed off at the actual neo-nazis holding me up as an icon.

oh my MSM calling someone a Nazi..... Recently every MSM lost their credibility. They mostly publish lies and propaganda in order to advance their political agenda. Everything they do is about, Globalism, pro-left, White shaming, anti-Trump rhetoric. And yeah they call everyone a fascist. Also They will call everyone a fascist just to get the Click and the publicity, and they do it without even verifying their source or the context.

They have absolutely no credibility and no integrity, and I am truly sorry for you if you believe any of them.
Last edited by diablofdb on Feb 17, 2017, 9:28:41 PM
"
diablofdb wrote:
oh my MSM calling someone a Nazi.....

Except if you read closely (or at all), you may in fact notice that they didn't actually do that. This sort of reflexive rejection of the mainstream media is pretty fucking baseless.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Feb 17, 2017, 10:21:00 PM
"
"
diablofdb wrote:
oh my MSM calling someone a Nazi.....

Except if you read closely, you may in fact notice that they didn't actually do that.

I've red the articles and it's not what I saw....

what I saw is another MSM hysteria
Then it should be pretty easy to quote where they called him a Nazi.
They are trying to push a European style law in the US where it is illegal to make anti (fill in the blank) comments. Whatever happened to sensible laws?
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
They are trying to push a European style law in the US where it is illegal to make anti (fill in the blank) comments. Whatever happened to sensible laws?

The left went off the deep end. Today's youngsters will grow up to be against the hysterical outrage culture and identity politics of today.
"A communion...but with what? By all accounts, it wasn't God that the Vaal were trying to reach." -Icius Perandus
"
kolyaboo wrote:

Cite? I guess I missed this one.

"
CetniK wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

The left went off the deep end. Today's youngsters will grow up to be against the hysterical outrage culture and identity politics of today.

The left? Hang on a minute, the right controls every branch of government at almost every level in the USA at the moment! How the heck could the left be pushing for this?
"
"
kolyaboo wrote:

Cite? I guess I missed this one.

"
CetniK wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

The left? Hang on a minute, the right controls every branch of government at almost every level in the USA at the moment! How the heck could the left be pushing for this?

The media has been wholly left leaning for at least the last 12 years. It has given the far left a voice it never had before and it normalized it (example: BLM). What we ended up with was political correctness with progressives who bullied and shouted racism at anyone who wasn't 'progressive' enough. It is amusing how some still don't realize what's been happening over the last few years. People are sick of political correctness, they're sick of identity politics, they're sick of being told they're racist, bigoted, etc. There isn't a 'resurgence' of white supremacy or racism. Rather, there's a backlash against far left politics that hijacked the moderate left. What happened to the moderate left? They're moving towards the center - see Dave Rubin.
"A communion...but with what? By all accounts, it wasn't God that the Vaal were trying to reach." -Icius Perandus
"
Manocean wrote:
Pewdiepie, the latest victim of fake news. A lot of fake news is political, but now we can see how it effects a neutral person.
PewDiePie consciously decided to take a political stance on his channel. There has been an obvious "left" lean to YouTube's "Recommended Videos," especially October-November of last year. His content has explicitly opposed this and clearly taken an opposing lean since then, using his clout as The Big YouTuber to stand in solidarity with those he feels have been marginalized. It's delusional to pretend he's neutral politically.
"
http://www.vox.com/culture/2017/2/17/14613234/pewdiepie-nazi-satire-alt-right
"
Jokes like Kjellberg’s — unfunny comparisons of a black woman to a gorilla, unsophisticated messaging that Jews should die, randomized insertions of speeches from Hitler into commentary on other topics — undermine, rather than illustrate, the fundamental abhorrence of racist ideas and Nazi ideology. Their construction is designed to make you question whether Kjellberg actually believes what he’s saying, which in turn causes you to question whether the ideology itself is indeed shameful.
The interesting word here is "fundamental." What does it mean? "Necessary" as in: one should not merely avoid attraction to such ideas, but must spend a part of their lives actively hating them? "Principal" as in: there is nothing more abhorrent than racist ideas, no greater evil? "Unquestionable" as in: there is to be no debate over what society deigns abhorrent or not? Many different ways to interpret the word here.

As I said in another thread, you don't understand trolling. Trolling is indeed intended to undermine, but not necessarily "fundamental" ideas themselves so much as the fundamentalism which surrounds such ideas, eroding quasi-religious adherence to make room, hopefully, for critical thinking. Yes, Vox, questioning; excellent diction.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 18, 2017, 3:40:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info