PewDiePie vs Fake News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwk1DogcPmU

Pewdiepie, the latest victim of fake news. A lot of fake news is political, but now we can see how it effects a neutral person. See how the media works to influence the population to believe the narrative that they push? The media has become the largest factor that flames polarized hateful divisions between us. They follow the same formula with whatever person, or group of people they decide to make their target. They prey on people that don't look past the article/headline. They stick dangerous labels to people with no evidence of why the person deserves that label.
anything is everything
Last bumped on Feb 20, 2017, 5:30:52 PM
SJW at work, this is why I support Trump 100%
Who cares about this troll? Fuck him.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Who cares about this troll? Fuck him.

you know what, I never liked Pewd but I just subbed to his channel, he can have my support because I denounce everything he's fighting against now.

there was that thing with Jon Tron too
I need more purple titles
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Who cares about this troll?

Apparently ~53 million people care enough to follow him.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
As usual, it's not that simple.

http://www.vox.com/culture/2017/2/17/14613234/pewdiepie-nazi-satire-alt-right

"
Spreading anti-Semitic themes and racist propaganda through “humorous” memes disguised as satire and “just trolling” has been an openly embraced tactic of the alt-right, and it has propelled the movement’s abrupt rise in power and influence.

Kjellberg’s presentation of Nazi imagery and anti-Semitic messaging is perfectly aligned with the way the alt-right uses memes and self-aware irony to obfuscate the sincerity of its message. And the fact that he was able to produce multiple videos that tiptoed this line despite having the largest subscriber base on YouTube illustrates just how effective it is as a tactic.

[...]

Jokes like Kjellberg’s — unfunny comparisons of a black woman to a gorilla, unsophisticated messaging that Jews should die, randomized insertions of speeches from Hitler into commentary on other topics — undermine, rather than illustrate, the fundamental abhorrence of racist ideas and Nazi ideology. Their construction is designed to make you question whether Kjellberg actually believes what he’s saying, which in turn causes you to question whether the ideology itself is indeed shameful. Even if Kjellberg sincerely rejects alt-right philosophy, his comedy aligns with actual alt-right propaganda.

Call me crazy, but given the rise of the alt-right, jokes that make light of this stuff just don't come across as particularly funny. :/
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
Ocylix wrote:
there was that thing with Jon Tron too

yeah they called him a fascist because he made fun of SJW once I remember that. Man SJW, liberals and leftist are the real fascists.
"

vox.com opinion article

hahahaha
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Feb 17, 2017, 8:48:25 PM
"

Call me crazy, but given the rise of the alt-right, jokes that make light of this stuff just don't come across as particularly funny. :/

You are crazy.... I'm sorry but I have not seen anyone wearing a Nazis Swastika yet so.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info