Development Manifesto: Breach As a Core Game Mechanic

Posting this here, too:

I really think that there already are more than enough "ghosts of leagues past" random encounters in the game. If Breach is added, something else should be rotated out. Shrines maybe or Tormented Spirits. Spirits really could use a bit of a break to take another look at their AI, anyway
This is good and bad news. Good: Bigger chances to get + pro-game coins, plus unique League items; Bad: the question about Minimum Performance Requirements, which go to the Maximum when a Breach is opened.

As a Guild Leader, I speak for my members: this must be changed in some way, or MUST be warned at least. GGG, the Breach consumes a lot of RAM and bandwidth too - and this should be bypassed, being more active on advanced maps (above Tier 10, as with Essences) OR decreasing the amount of monsters that appear (leaving something like one pack +10 monsters).

I also want to remind you that here in Brazil the majority (like me) use 10 megabytes of broadband and we're using the Texas server; It is more stable. Unfortunately, SP server is very unstable and high latency changes (1000ms or higher) causes constant disconnections. Will you look for improvements on this server yes?

Anyway, we'll look forward the Breach intro in Standard and we expect a response about performance issues. The Brotheragem Guild thanks u for your efforts! +)
Last edited by JAPA_77_LAPA on Feb 12, 2017, 5:53:05 PM
Show us on the doll where Chayula touched you.
Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
"
Alysma wrote:
Posting this here, too:

I really think that there already are more than enough "ghosts of leagues past" random encounters in the game. If Breach is added, something else should be rotated out. Shrines maybe or Tormented Spirits. Spirits really could use a bit of a break to take another look at their AI, anyway

If they increased the incidences of occurrences I might agree, but I actually like having all the old leagues in core in general. The only thing really is the impact on new players. There should be a primer in-game to introduce new players to each mechanic.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
people really liked the breach league? i hated it almost as much as that utterly pointless rampage league.

aaah, put breach in. i don't care. i'll just avoid 'em as much as possible.
this isn't my game-playing account; just my forum-posting account :P
Breaches are fun! Unless you're bad.
Saved
First time played in PoE:BugsAndOptimalization 2013. Rly started playin' since end of prophecy. Im hardcore played and PoE is fantastic game. Breach as a core is good for me. I like breach BUT make Chayula spawn more often. Made 36 challanges over 200h in breach and still no Chayula BL in map for splinters...
May RNGesus be with you!
If you guys can't facetank T16 breaches y'all need to stop playing glass cannons
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
Not a good idea, unless you can stop breaches from causing crashes.
I'm ok with breach but please do something for the performance, you already know that.
Ps: Burning ground too ..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info