Breach As a Core Game Mechanic

"
canjp wrote:
CI being chaos immune is very big deal. I thınk you can turn into reduced chaos damage taken %75-80 instead of immunity.

This is by far, the most idiotic thing I've read in the past few weeks.

Congrats on being that special kind of special.

Chaos damage = bypasses energy shield

Chaos Inoculation = 1 Life

Anything that does chaos damage EVEN IN THE SLIGHTEST YOU DIE, YOU MORON.
"
Winterfury wrote:

2) I'm not sure what part of Qarl's message read that ES is getting nerfed. I read it to suggest that there is going to be some rebalancing in light of the well-known superiority of ES over life builds. This can be accomplished either by boosting life or nerfing ES, I don't see why so many are assuming one over the other. "Balancing" can mean anything from nerfing one, to boosting the other, to moving both closer to each other.

Oh, probably because he just and only told us they are thinking about changing ES + VP mechanics and haven't said one word about life-based builds? No idea how you can read it different. just search up the words ... its one minded. And even I love GGGs work so far, this will be a big hit with a big stick.
"
Qarl wrote:
and there may not need to be a nerf to Hand of Wisdom and Action if ES and Vaal Pact based build-options are changed significantly.

"if" ? lol

No "if". Nerf that shit and nerf it hard.
"
While the builds with Hand of Wisdom and Action are incredibly strong, they provide a non-degen counterbalance to the major degenerative builds. As builds relying on damage-over-time will be affected by mechanics changes in 3.0.0, the Hand of Wisdom and Action will likely be nerfed along with them.

Thats some real ass backwards balancing. One thing is broken soo its fine for another item to be completely busted in the meantime because its strictly "non-degen" based.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
and there may not need to be a nerf to Hand of Wisdom and Action if ES and Vaal Pact based build-options are changed significantly.

"if" ? lol

No "if". Nerf that shit and nerf it hard.

People like you contributes to destroy the game. So you prefer to destroy a significant amount of builds instead of balancing life // armour // evasion // block and other skill gems to become viable as ES builds?
or you cut down your damage and invest it into.. you know.. defences

currently VP + ES or just absurd levels of ES carry any and all clayhanded players

this game used to be something more than 'stacks damage, win'

but do not worry, ggg wont change a damn thing because they are very worried about the backslash from all the power-junkies. same with reflect. people fail time and again to understand that reflect is a cap on their damage/defences ratio. instead of that and increasing defences, they want to circumvent this entire mechanic. because reasons. because powah. because some need to substitute real life achievements with 'success' in a video game.

note: there is a difference between 'viable' and 'faceroll hardest content in the game with one click'. ES is the second option. no-skill, no-effort, no-brainmusclerequired option. with stuff like that available everything else looks bad. remove the broken turd (ES+VP) and other options have a chance to shine again and game can be at least somewhat challenging again. most players have no clue how this game works.. they are barely able to copy the meta stuff and pretend to be poe-savants.. cool.
fix the game so that I can delete grim dawn

thank you!

<3 GGG
What I understand is that Vaal Pact is OP and needs nerfing to bring in line with regen and life-steal. ES - I am not sure. I think HoWA needs a nerf rather than not touching it and nerfing a whole lot of other things. I wouldn't appreciate ES nodes getting the kind of nerf Energy From Within got. The ES reduction was down to 1/4th of what it used to be. That would just make another league unplayable with a lot of builds.
good, nerf everything if you aren't gonna make the game harder this way hopefully the game will be harder, great news.

p.s. vaal pact is just stupid and has been for ages, remove it all together.
I guess the problem is GGG cannot just nerf stuff wholeheartedly, especially to poison/ignite. Lots of (paying ones included) players will be pissed and they will leave the game as they are just so used to wiping out content. They do need to add another meta skill/mechanic BEFORE they can nerf it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info