Breach As a Core Game Mechanic

"
We had been considering a nerf to Hand of Wisdom and Action. As 2.6.0 will not be getting changes to damage-over-time mechanics (and damage bonuses applying in two ways to some damage over time), we are likely to hold off on major nerfs to this item. While the builds with Hand of Wisdom and Action are incredibly strong, they provide a non-degen counterbalance to the major degenerative builds. As builds relying on damage-over-time will be affected by mechanics changes in 3.0.0, the Hand of Wisdom and Action will likely be nerfed along with them.

We are also still working out our plans for Energy Shield and related mechanics (and Keystones). Changes to this defence affect Hand of Wisdom and Action builds significantly, and there may not need to be a nerf to Hand of Wisdom and Action if ES and Vaal Pact based build-options are changed significantly.

shit news , ty GGG
Start playing in Feb 9, 2013
My KineticBlast LL ML 400kDPS GMP /view-thread/1466693
Asus LGA1155 P8P67 / Intel Core i5-2500@4GHz / Corsair Vengeance 16GB@1600MHz
Asus GTX970 STRIX 4GB / Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1
Acer 27 IPS 2560x1440@144Hz [XF270HU] + BenQ 24 TN-film 1920x1080@120Hz [XL2420T]
Yes!!! More lag and fps´s drop. Don't add this shit to core game or fix it.
"Sorry for my bad English"
They're nerfing:

- DOT
- CI/ES
- Howa
- Vaal's Pact
- probably shit loads more.

The question we should be asking is that with so many enemies, even magic mobs being capable of 1-shotting players with 10k es, what do they expect us to do when they nerf us? Block chance, armour, evasion are all low as CI already.

I'm also expecting them to up the damage of mobs while at the same time nerfing our defences and crippling our leech even more. They will probably reduce block chance, evade chance armour and then slow all of our movement speed skills.

They have buffed The gift from above unique though! I guess that balances everything out =)

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
tenjou00 wrote:
Well, all these talk and you can see how ggg is so clueless on how to balance things. I personally wish they fail hard in the 3.0.0 balance and fucked up the game so hard it hits them in the balls, you know, just to wake them up to the reality and being a reminder that they are getting arrogant and nonsensical day by day. typical "Big Bro". Not the startup we used to have. HA HA HA.

I'm with this guy. GGG has been doing a really pathetic job of balance since the game was released. Instead of buffing life, you can bet they will nerf CI/ES builds.

And they don't give a damn what their customers think either. I bet they don't even read any comments or suggestions on their own website.

There are so many examples of their weak balancing. I remember when Eldritch Battery was used. Then they changed it and all the "yes men, like ZiggyD" said it was way better with the new version. Now, no one uses it and it sucks. If it was still the old way, people could actually play a lot more life builds with big mana shields. This would bring a lot more diversity.
Last edited by WillisReed on Feb 13, 2017, 12:19:29 AM
'manifesto' that has ZERO information in it. cool..

no, hinting at possible/probable/considered areas of maybe-changes is not a manifesto.

it is just PR hype, nothing else

not to mention that 'we wont broken shit because there is an even more broken crap around' is pretty damn awesome. not.
Please make breaches run better if you're adding them to the main game. My 970 cannot handle them.
OH PLEASE YES! DO IT A.S.A.P. JUST LOVE BREACHES! In fact was tempted to play POE because of Hardcore Breach. Played it last December and it's kinda sad to know that it's ending it just a few days. :(
stop nerfing fun things
MFJonesHC
1) Great news about Breach as a core mechanic. I always look forward to loot/xp piñatas, helps break up the grind monotony.

2) I'm not sure what part of Qarl's message read that ES is getting nerfed. I read it to suggest that there is going to be some rebalancing in light of the well-known superiority of ES over life builds. This can be accomplished either by boosting life or nerfing ES, I don't see why so many are assuming one over the other. "Balancing" can mean anything from nerfing one, to boosting the other, to moving both closer to each other.

3) I SERIOUSLY hope that more effort is put into buffing more of the "throw away" gems so that every gem has the potential to be endgame viable. More and better synergies with uniques, or just plain power buffing some of them. I would love to build an endgame viable Arc or Frost Blades build.

Keep up the good work. This game just keeps getting better and better all the time.
Man does not stop playing because he grows old. He grows old because he stops playing. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Would love to see breaches in core game. I wish there was more information here on possible solutions to add it to the game. Looking forward to playing 2.6.0.
Last edited by Valentene on Feb 13, 2017, 3:15:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info