[2.5/2.6]Cheap Non-crit Overloaded Fireball . Burns everything on the path (T16/Shaper viable)

Bump
Apologise for not having replying a lot lately

Just got a new Intern job so I'm kinda really busy. It is unlikely that I will play the Legacy League seriously :(

However, I will try to answer all question as much as possible
"
SorakPoE wrote:
Do you have any tips for improving survivability in the absence of leech?

I'm having serious issues with dying when I run into certain bosses 'in the wild' so to speak. My setup with GMP+Increased AoE doesn't do great single target damage, and against faster or spammy random encounter bosses (notably Beyond and Breach bosses) I tend to struggle since I can't reasonably swap gems. And when the fight goes on for longer periods the lack of sustain from life leech can be a huge problem, particularly for bosses that have mechanics that make it hard to dodge long enough for ES recovery to kick in.

You just kicked in the biggest con of the build.

To be honest. I have not have a full experience of the Legacy league so I can't speak of it. I can only took my experience in my Breach League. Surprise encounter often happen for me when a Breach lord spawns. Whenever I notice it, I will try to get my orb of storm, scorching ray totem set up to boost my single target. Also, get out of the zone and kite as far as you can. Save your vaal discipline, it is currently not nerfed and linked with inc Duration should last you for about 5s. Unless you are tanking what you should not be tanking, you should not die during that 5s.

Hacing said that, I also had difficulties even having done those things. But as I progress with my gems level and craft my Opal rings, damage got hugely buffed. Gems level does not seems to be an issue for you here. Only the Opal rings.

I jsut looked at your character. I would not recommend Doryani to be honest. I know leeching is the problem here but having sth like a 0.2% leech is almost next to nothing. Moreover, the nature of fireball does not allow us to spam due to its high mana cost. Having such a small amount of leech like that only works for attack skill where we can spam and facetank. Try to dodge and kite more.
Last edited by greendragon2194 on Mar 11, 2017, 9:17:09 AM
"
CrassEnvy wrote:
thanks for the awesome build ive been using it as a league starter and its insane! also do you have any plans to use some of the new/revamped items this league? if so which ones?

I could not play seriously this league due to my new work. :( The new The Wise Oak flask seems insance to me if you can manage it with your gear. The flask is cheap as fuck atm (5c) so no hurt to try out
Last edited by greendragon2194 on Mar 11, 2017, 9:15:56 AM
"
Daff370 wrote:
I Just wonder HOW you got 100+ dex and strenght

My gear plus + 1 30 dex node and the templar attack and accuracy node (+20 dex) :D

Try to use orb of blessing for a max rolled +16 stat Chayula

IF you Rich af. Get a +1 Chayula. It saves you 3-4 points for 1 more curse. invest those points in dex and ES :)
Last edited by greendragon2194 on Mar 11, 2017, 9:19:33 AM
"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
pipendrusu wrote:
Have you ever tested cybils ring with new 10% refected ele reduction passive?
Is it really impossible to do refl mapz?

IS crit fireball stronger?

I'm running a crit fireball build, and I can tell you my experiences with it:

On the upside: the crit version will definitely have higher sheet DPS for similar levels of gear. It's actually not particularly difficult to get higher DPS output out of the crit build with essentially zero additional investment in terms of gear; it actually makes getting jewels easier as I've been able to find tons of jewels with say, projectile damage + crit multi for fire damage for cheap whereas projectile damage + fire damage is very expensive. You also don't need to invest that heavily into the tree. All of the relevant crit nodes are connected to nodes you would have taken anyway.

The downside is that going crit forces you to have to balance more competing priorities. For instance, it becomes difficult to dual curse unless you have Skyforths because you need to link PCoC to your Orb of Storms to keep power charges up. Even in the world of single curses, it is tedious to have to keep casting Orb of Storms when map clearing to keep power charges up against trash mobs, so I ended up linking Assassin's Mark to Curse on Hit and Herald of Thunder instead. This works great for map clearing, but obviously is less good against bosses without a constant stream of adds, and also introduces more mana management headaches. You also need to carry around a Diamond Flask which takes up a spot on your flask belt in an increasingly crowded area for useful flasks.

Ultimately I think crit has a higher ceiling in power level once you get to super end-game, but I think it's a bit more difficult to balance the competing priorities before that - it has led to me having issues like the random boss encounter deaths like I noted above.

My personal view is that if building crit make it harder then better go overload.

Don't get me wrong, I re-watch Mathil stream and he built a crit fireball. However, he basically pushed his RNG and try to build as many crit multi as possible. That's why he wore a facebreaker on a CI char. At that time I found it kinda inefficient and then built this version instead
"
Pheu wrote:
Hey! Great guide, I wanna do this!

Just a quick question: why orb of storm for curse setup? It's not very safe and I don't like it, ball lightning would work too?

Orb of storm is your bread and butter for single target. It cover and can hit multiple targets with just on its own or with a inc AoE. Ball lightning on the other hand require pierce and GMP to do mutiple targets. Ball lightning is better only if you have the sockets. For simplicity, just use orb of storm. The orb can be placed and then you can fly away so it's not unsafe :D
Tip: Get yourself a white socket for the blue. I know 3B usually cost a lot, especially 2-3 weeks into the league.

*Updated for the guide*
"
pipendrusu wrote:
Have you ever tested cybils ring with new 10% refected ele reduction passive?
Is it really impossible to do refl mapz?

IS crit fireball stronger?

I have not tested but I rather leave that mod out. We basically have minimal leech so its not really worth it :(
Dude i dont know if its just me or iam missing something but the Liege of the Primordial is not in skill tree so it was removed or what ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info