[2.5/2.6]Cheap Non-crit Overloaded Fireball . Burns everything on the path (T16/Shaper viable)

So, i didn't realize this was a standard build before i started doing it... lol. What can i do to make this more HC viable? Any points i should spec out of to get something else? Can you take a look at my charachter "TheCatnipNuke" and see if theres something i should get for more survivability
"
Daff370 wrote:
Dude i dont know if its just me or iam missing something but the Liege of the Primordial is not in skill tree so it was removed or what ?

It's in the Ascendancy not skill tree itself :D
"
MisterCatnip wrote:
So, i didn't realize this was a standard build before i started doing it... lol. What can i do to make this more HC viable? Any points i should spec out of to get something else? Can you take a look at my charachter "TheCatnipNuke" and see if theres something i should get for more survivability

I had a look in your gear. More a more HC viability, just get higher ES on all of your gear. MAybe a good ES vaal regalia would be better. With my gear, I wore a 700ES chest and my total ES got up to near 11k. Just higher ES gear that's all. But i know this time in the league those items aren't cheap...
"
Orb of storm is your bread and butter for single target. It cover and can hit multiple targets with just on its own or with a inc AoE. Ball lightning on the other hand require pierce and GMP to do mutiple targets. Ball lightning is better only if you have the sockets. For simplicity, just use orb of storm. The orb can be placed and then you can fly away so it's not unsafe :D

What? Ball of Lightning doesn't require pierce, 1 ball just curse everything in the path!
okay thanks for answer but tell me you all can have 12 ascendancy points in one ELEMNENTALIS is 12 all of skill to choose from so why skip anoter 4 skills in asendance tree ? for example passives like Pendulum of destruction and mastermind of discord ? they are useful in your build why skip them ?
"
"
MisterCatnip wrote:

I had a look in your gear. More a more HC viability, just get higher ES on all of your gear. MAybe a good ES vaal regalia would be better. With my gear, I wore a 700ES chest and my total ES got up to near 11k. Just higher ES gear that's all. But i know this time in the league those items aren't cheap...

Ok sounds good. I have decided to go MoM and not get ghost reaver since i will more than likely not be able to get the scepter. Also i am going under the witch tree where that one point you point into es im going to go past it and also get that mana regen and increased mana since i am getting MoM. Then i believe this build can be HC viable. and be able to add a HC viable tree if what im doing works. When im 75 i should be good in the mana and es department.

currently outside of town i have 6k energy shield, 4k fb damage when elemental overload procs with my links being fb - controlled dest. - increased area - fire pen - GMP and when i switch GMP with slower my dps is 6-7k when ele overload procs. Clearing dried lake right now its pretty smooth so far. Will update when i hit 75

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MisterCatnip/characters
Name of charachter for anyone wanting todo this HC is TheCatnipNuke

EDIT: Currently level 75 now damage is great MoM helps so much i went and got zealots oath and got shaper keystone for life regen which in turn gives es regen passively. I have 6k energy shield now. I have a friend thats a aurawhore as well so that helps with running crazy map mods.
Last edited by MisterCatnip on Mar 12, 2017, 11:59:23 PM
Why Beacon of Ruin over Pendulum of Destruction? Beginner here, is spreading status aliments really that strong?

Edit: also, how do you shield charge with a spirit shield? I can't shield charge!
Last edited by Pheu on Mar 13, 2017, 9:44:44 AM
"
Pheu wrote:
What? Ball of Lightning doesn't require pierce, 1 ball just curse everything in the path!

I never properly use Ball lightning as a curse mechanism. I prefer having the orb of storm stay there and curse + procing EE for the entire duration. If you can make ball lightning work for you, just do it. That's PoE for ya. Often there aren't a definite answer :) I would personally use Orb of storm as it suits my playstyle best.

"
Pheu wrote:
Why Beacon of Ruin over Pendulum of Destruction? Beginner here, is spreading status aliments really that strong?

Yes, especially if you focus on burning. The nerf on the AoE (even sometime when it was pre-nerf) has decreased our clear speed. The burning would help clean the mobs that we aren't 1-shotting. Also helps during the mob-phase of Guardians and Shaper.
"
Daff370 wrote:
okay thanks for answer but tell me you all can have 12 ascendancy points in one ELEMNENTALIS is 12 all of skill to choose from so why skip anoter 4 skills in asendance tree ? for example passives like Pendulum of destruction and mastermind of discord ? they are useful in your build why skip them ?

I think you are new :D Asendancy point has a maximum of 8. Yes there are 12 perks but you can only choose 8 out of those 12
"
MisterCatnip wrote:
"
"
MisterCatnip wrote:

Ok sounds good. I have decided to go MoM and not get ghost reaver since i will more than likely not be able to get the scepter. Also i am going under the witch tree where that one point you point into es im going to go past it and also get that mana regen and increased mana since i am getting MoM. Then i believe this build can be HC viable. and be able to add a HC viable tree if what im doing works. When im 75 i should be good in the mana and es department.

currently outside of town i have 6k energy shield, 4k fb damage when elemental overload procs with my links being fb - controlled dest. - increased area - fire pen - GMP and when i switch GMP with slower my dps is 6-7k when ele overload procs. Clearing dried lake right now its pretty smooth so far. Will update when i hit 75

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MisterCatnip/characters
Name of charachter for anyone wanting todo this HC is TheCatnipNuke

EDIT: Currently level 75 now damage is great MoM helps so much i went and got zealots oath and got shaper keystone for life regen which in turn gives es regen passively. I have 6k energy shield now. I have a friend thats a aurawhore as well so that helps with running crazy map mods.

I think you can well sustained your ability to run red maps even with nasty mods now. I have not try the new 2.6 MOM yet but I heard from everyone that it is extremely good for early CI builds. as long as you can manage your mana, I say this is your best bet till you can find a 6l regalia :P

But I glad you are enjoying the build :D Hopefully you can do t16 with it (don't try Phoenix in HC man, please don't)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info