[2.5/2.6]Cheap Non-crit Overloaded Fireball . Burns everything on the path (T16/Shaper viable)

"
Leroyrobenson wrote:
Any tips for leveling? I've been practicing Self-found at the end of the league and have decided on this build for a starter. Would you recommend cwc-scorching ray-fireball-(support) or did you level just pure firestorm / fireball?

I think either way is fine to be honest. I used fireball solely as it allowed me to move faster through leveling and then use scorching ray totem for bosses. If you feel more confortable with CwC set up, feel free do to :D
Last edited by greendragon2194 on Feb 24, 2017, 11:30:17 PM
*Updated on map mods and leveling skill tree*
nice build
I am reasonably new to the game and I do not quite understand how Elemental Equilibrium works out with this. On any thrash etc. you will purely be casting fireballs and none of the other things. Doesn't that automatically trigger EXTRA resistances to fire on those mobs? Or is this a non-issue I'm looking at?

Also at the start there are most likely no uniques yet for me to buy. What stats on weapon would you advice we should go for? A sceptre/wand, duo weapons or weapon shield?

Will you make adjustments when 2.6 patch notes come out?
'You know why I enjoy Math? If something doesn't exist we simply create it.'
"
TotemLols wrote:
I am reasonably new to the game and I do not quite understand how Elemental Equilibrium works out with this. On any thrash etc. you will purely be casting fireballs and none of the other things. Doesn't that automatically trigger EXTRA resistances to fire on those mobs? Or is this a non-issue I'm looking at?

Also at the start there are most likely no uniques yet for me to buy. What stats on weapon would you advice we should go for? A sceptre/wand, duo weapons or weapon shield?

Not the guy who made the build, but I can still help you out:
You usually cast Orb of Storms before every pack, it hits very fast and chains to multiple enemies while simultaneously applying curses and Elemental Equilibirum, this then skyrockets the Fireball damage, and then Orb of Storms will immediately hit enemies that survived and are burning again, which means that the ignite damage is not hindered by EE. If you're running a map where the fireballs are powerful enough to oneshot everything without these debuffs, EE won't bother you anyway as you are oneshotting them; they don't get fire resistance because they're already dead ;)
For the start, get a sceptre or wand with %Fire damage, that's the important part because it scales both impact and ignite damage. Next up, + Fire damage to spells, cast speed, intelligence and spell damage are decent mods.
Shield is also recommended because it allows you to use Shield charge (there is no other good movement skill for sceptre users, except maybe Lightning Warp and that requires a 4link to feel good) and also boosts defense. Get as much ES as you can and maybe some resists if you have trouble capping them otherwise.
"
Inkaflare wrote:
"
TotemLols wrote:

Not the guy who made the build, but I can still help you out:
You usually cast Orb of Storms before every pack, it hits very fast and chains to multiple enemies while simultaneously applying curses and Elemental Equilibirum, this then skyrockets the Fireball damage, and then Orb of Storms will immediately hit enemies that survived and are burning again, which means that the ignite damage is not hindered by EE. If you're running a map where the fireballs are powerful enough to oneshot everything without these debuffs, EE won't bother you anyway as you are oneshotting them; they don't get fire resistance because they're already dead ;)
For the start, get a sceptre or wand with %Fire damage, that's the important part because it scales both impact and ignite damage. Next up, + Fire damage to spells, cast speed, intelligence and spell damage are decent mods.
Shield is also recommended because it allows you to use Shield charge (there is no other good movement skill for sceptre users, except maybe Lightning Warp and that requires a 4link to feel good) and also boosts defense. Get as much ES as you can and maybe some resists if you have trouble capping them otherwise.

I cannot explain it any better. Thanks Inkaflare

I like your idea of having shield charge to procs EE. However, this is not really good for this build as you would prefer to kite around and dodge, not coming up close :D
"
TotemLols wrote:

Unless burning damage get heavily nerfed, I doubt this build will change :D

Sceptre is atm strictly better than wand as you can shield charge. Always sceptre and a shield.
Oops nevermind...
Last edited by Never_Lucky_ on Feb 26, 2017, 3:15:04 AM
how about going to 'pendulum of construction and mastermind of discord' instead of 'paragon and primordial'?
I wouldn't drop either of those Adcendancy notables. Paragon of Calamity is a must unless you enjoy oneshotting yourself on random reflect rare mobs, and Liege of the Primordial grants 60% increased damage with a golem (40% + doubling the golem's 20%, both double dip on ignites) makes your golems extremely durable which saves you the trouble of frequent resummoning and also allows you to use a Lightning golem as well for extra cast speed, which is nice QoL and a small dps boost.
Pendulum of Desctruction is 100% damage boost with 40% uptime, which is somewhat annoying due to inconsistency. Mastermind of Discord is definitely amazing, but not worth losing the other two notables.
What you could do though is drop Beacon of Ruin and Shaper of Desolation to get these two notables. This will make you ignite rarely though which is a big DPS loss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info