[2.5/2.6]Cheap Non-crit Overloaded Fireball . Burns everything on the path (T16/Shaper viable)

"
nimpa23 wrote:
how about going to 'pendulum of construction and mastermind of discord' instead of 'paragon and primordial'?

"
Inkaflare wrote:
I wouldn't drop either of those Adcendancy notables. Paragon of Calamity is a must unless you enjoy oneshotting yourself on random reflect rare mobs, and Liege of the Primordial grants 60% increased damage with a golem (40% + doubling the golem's 20%, both double dip on ignites) makes your golems extremely durable which saves you the trouble of frequent resummoning and also allows you to use a Lightning golem as well for extra cast speed, which is nice QoL and a small dps boost.
Pendulum of Desctruction is 100% damage boost with 40% uptime, which is somewhat annoying due to inconsistency. Mastermind of Discord is definitely amazing, but not worth losing the other two notables.
What you could do though is drop Beacon of Ruin and Shaper of Desolation to get these two notables. This will make you ignite rarely though which is a big DPS loss.

Exactly as Inkaflare said. The prolif is actually very nice for clear speed as there will be mobs that aren't getting one-shotted. The burning prolif would usually take care of those mobs. If you look at my Chayula run, the burning prolif does help with my clear speed.
I assume a Dying Sun would be an amazing flask for this build right?
"
WhaleRum wrote:
I assume a Dying Sun would be an amazing flask for this build right?

Yes but it is extremely overkill. Very useful for the mob phase in the Shaper fight but as you can see in my Chayula breach run, No dying and even no discipline half of the run (LOL) -> Still EZ

If you have the flask, use it. If you don't, no matter as I never use the flask myself anw.

*Updated Shaper vid"
Awesome man, thanks for the reply. Would you say this is a good starter build that you can build up for end game? What would you level up with? Fireball ok?
"
WhaleRum wrote:
Awesome man, thanks for the reply. Would you say this is a good starter build that you can build up for end game? What would you level up with? Fireball ok?

For leveling just use firestorm. I say the earliest time you can start use fireball for leveling just after normal. That's when you have access to all the gem you need.

This can be a league starter. But to be honest, it might not be a strong league starter as Flameblast. But it is a MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE league starting experience. Once you get the investment going, you can clear pretty much everything with a breeze.

But this is not a god-tier build. Even with heavy investment, it can be seen as squishy as times due to a lack of insta leech. You need to keep an eye for dodging at all time.
"
For leveling just use firestorm. I say the earliest time you can start use fireball for leveling just after normal. That's when you have access to all the gem you need.

This can be a league starter. But to be honest, it might not be a strong league starter as Flameblast. But it is a MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE league starting experience. Once you get the investment going, you can clear pretty much everything with a breeze.

But this is not a god-tier build. Even with heavy investment, it can be seen as squishy as times due to a lack of insta leech. You need to keep an eye for dodging at all time.

Yeah I will be trying out this build for 2.6. Flameblast is too boring for me so I'll be going with firestorm into fireball like you said.

Thanks for the awesome build man.
"
WhaleRum wrote:
"

Yeah I will be trying out this build for 2.6. Flameblast is too boring for me so I'll be going with firestorm into fireball like you said.

Thanks for the awesome build man.

You are welcome man. Just get a sceptre with good fire and spell damage and some fire damage to spell. It should not be too expensive. Don't get a Vaal's Sceptre 2 weeks into the league unless you are super competitive. I got mine prob 4 weeks into league for a mere 20c rather than 110c early in the league

I hope you enjoy the build :D
Great build, I would like to use it as my league starter in 2.6

I have one request, if I may. Could you give us more details about your support gems choice? When to use which setup, what is your suggested gem order for 4L/5L/6L? (any sub for empower? those are quite expensive early on in new league) Thanks :)
Last edited by bazyl40 on Mar 1, 2017, 2:16:32 PM
"

So I've been leveling a witch just to test this out a bit and see how things go around end of normal and beginning of cruel. So far just leveling with firestorm on a 4L as usual. I did try fireball on a 4L with Fireball-LMP-Fire Pen-Controlled destruction. It's pretty clear firestorm is the winner still.

What would you say is the minimum to switch over to fireball once you are in A1 cruel? Just a 4L with Fireball-GMP-Fire Pen-Controlled Destruction? (This would be without any ascendancy points yet) Or it's just more of ....try either one and see which seems to be handling things better at that point?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info