[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Have u tried Esh's Mirror with the build? Could give tankiness and have nice attributes. Maybe goes nicely with Malachai's Vision? In this case we can't run anything except maybe Discipline if wanna keep high mana.

Actually enjoyed this a a lot since haven't played anything like this before. Unfortunately somehow failed at the end of Kitava and ripped there at HC. Just careless, should have geared a little bit before it! Anyways the fight showed the weak spots well.
Never done Kitava so fast tho. It's a pity that I couldn't test everything in HC. I don't think 8k ES will be enough, at least for me. With Hybrid I'm unsure how much hp do I need to be relatively safe but will try this build again!
If I go with a Skin of the Loyal setup which leaves enough mana for a 3rd aura, what is the optimal 3rd aura?

I am currently running Enfeeble in addition to Temporal Chains, and taking the curse effect nodes to make up for the lack of Enhance gem, for a total of 3 curses including the Animate Guardian setup.

This is "pretty good" but it's a bit problematic to get an extra +1 curse from somewhere. I am saving up for a presence of chayula as my next upgrade, I will probably never see a +1 curse one. I use Doedre's Damning instead, which takes a valuable ring slot. I'm still able to cap my resistances between my ring, belt, and gloves, but at the cost of life / ES.

The only other appealing options in place of a 3rd curse would seem to me to be: Anger, Haste, Grace, or Purity of Elements. Anger: I am not sure more DPS is needed, or how big a boost this would be. Haste: Probably a minimal boost at best. Frenzy charges already have a similar effect. Grace: A fair bit of survivability but probably doesn't compare to 30% DR from Enfeeble. Purity of Elements: Would allow me to ignore resists a bit on gear. Probably my 2nd choice.

Thoughts?

edit:
3rd aura not 2nd, forgot about discipline which of course I have already
Last edited by Oldiri on Sep 4, 2017, 11:21:42 AM
Guys, this build still using Energy shield? Does iit work in this league? Maybe full life options?
Guys, this build still using Energy shield? Does iit work in this league? Maybe full life options?
For endgame bossing if you can't get the extra +1 infernal mantle since it would probably be impossible to get all these reds on it... Would it be better to run flame golem > empower 4 > spell echo > minion damage support > LMP/GMP > fire penetration support instead of controlled destruction ? My understanding is that fire pen is the #1 most damaging gem in the setup so it seems like this would be the best route to go for bosses.
Anyone did guardians/shaper with this build on Harbinger league, without legacy mantle?
I feel like a noob for asking, but how did you get the minion movement speed on the rings?
@rotan

essence

@qbatronix

the legacy variant is another base (occultist westment, 3-10% spell dmg implicit)
the current version is a widowsilk robe with no implicit
so you just lose 3-10% spell dmg that isnt even needed (i think at least)

"
Cyterizz wrote:

hello just play this build first time.. i have no idea what am doing, any tips what gear to upgrade, sockets or anything? :D

Hey :)

Item and links look mostly ok :
- Keep raising Bone Offerings and Cast When Damage Taken linked to it same level. You want both to be level 20 in the end
- In Gloves Phase Run should be last gem on links. CWDT casts spells in order up-left, up-right, down-right, down-left

You can try buying Skin of the Loyal with 3r1g2b colors. It costs around 150c and boost damage hugely. Links should be :
Golem -> Echo -> Minion Damage -> Greater Multiple projectiles -> Empower - > Fire penetration

Skin of the Loyal works almost as well as Infernal Mantle and costs only small part if its price.

You should have smooth sailing to T15 as you level gems and get more points ;)

"
Well... everything dies pretty much before it can touch me. :)

I know i will have to change my defense strategy after i 6-link +1 Infernal Mantle, due to "increased Spell damage taken when on low mana", cause i run MoM.

In general i have now:

8.5 EHP
~5200 HP
~1500 Unreserved Mana + Mind over Matter ("double" regen + Life/Hybrid flasks for Panic mode)
~1800 ES

Capped ele res, chaos res is ~60%.

CWDT->Desecrate->Bone Offering->Phase Run
CWDT->Convocation (golem meatshield to absorb all projectiles 1st moment and burn everything to the ground 2nd moment)
Vaal summon skeletons (Amazing meat-shield in breaches)

Running 90% of time with Rumi's up. In tough spots lvl 20 Bone Offering with Rumi's nearly caps block chances and pumps HP back on each block.

Plus some skill to catch a "rythm" and run in a way that golems are teleported to you right when you arrive to the next pack.

The best defense is offence. :)
5 golems
7 harmonies, 2 eminence, haste aura. Flesh Offering (of course)
Orb of Storms->CoH->Ele Weakness->Flammability (EE of course) Even for Guardians this will give about -70% to fire res debuf.
Vaal Haste

T13 maps do not feel to have mobs at all. T15 maps are fine, if i pay little attention.

P.S. With Infernal Mantle i will have to opt out of MoM and switch to HP/ES hybrid, then i'll give TC a try with Vertex. Still have Lab grind challenge, can have fun getting TC enchantment. :)

Sounds like cool setup :)

"
Should i take Necromancer or Elementalist when i plan on killing shaper?
I saw a YouTube video where a streamer said that through a elementalist node the golems get nearly immune to shaper dmg, is that true?

Hey!

Depends on Golems level. High level Golems (level 25-26) with "Kaltenhalt" shield can tank Shaper damage with Necromancer. If your Golems are low level, you have mediocre gear or don't know boss mechanics yet, Elementalist provides elemental Immune Golems.

Shaper deals mostly Cold and Fire damage so Elementalists Golems are immune to it. Same with Uber Atziri and 2x Guardians. I feel that Necromancer gives overall better mapping feel and defenses. Elementalist gives good endgame boss farming with low level Golems and gear.

"
Have u tried Esh's Mirror with the build? Could give tankiness and have nice attributes. Maybe goes nicely with Malachai's Vision? In this case we can't run anything except maybe Discipline if wanna keep high mana.

Actually enjoyed this a a lot since haven't played anything like this before. Unfortunately somehow failed at the end of Kitava and ripped there at HC. Just careless, should have geared a little bit before it! Anyways the fight showed the weak spots well.
Never done Kitava so fast tho. It's a pity that I couldn't test everything in HC. I don't think 8k ES will be enough, at least for me. With Hybrid I'm unsure how much hp do I need to be relatively safe but will try this build again!

Haven't tried Esh's Mirror as Necro Aegis is used as core build block to give Golems damage and defense.

Malachai's Vision is not as useful as it doesnt give multiple bonuses as :
- +1 level to Temp Chains
- Mana leech protection (For Infernal Mantle low mana)
- Chaos res
- High evasion and ES

I'm interested in how build works in HC as its not really designed for it. If you find working tree modification please post it in forums. I wish you best of luck in HC! ^^

"
If I go with a Skin of the Loyal setup which leaves enough mana for a 3rd aura, what is the optimal 3rd aura?

I am currently running Enfeeble in addition to Temporal Chains, and taking the curse effect nodes to make up for the lack of Enhance gem, for a total of 3 curses including the Animate Guardian setup.

This is "pretty good" but it's a bit problematic to get an extra +1 curse from somewhere. I am saving up for a presence of chayula as my next upgrade, I will probably never see a +1 curse one. I use Doedre's Damning instead, which takes a valuable ring slot. I'm still able to cap my resistances between my ring, belt, and gloves, but at the cost of life / ES.

The only other appealing options in place of a 3rd curse would seem to me to be: Anger, Haste, Grace, or Purity of Elements. Anger: I am not sure more DPS is needed, or how big a boost this would be. Haste: Probably a minimal boost at best. Frenzy charges already have a similar effect. Grace: A fair bit of survivability but probably doesn't compare to 30% DR from Enfeeble. Purity of Elements: Would allow me to ignore resists a bit on gear. Probably my 2nd choice.

Thoughts?

edit:
3rd aura not 2nd, forgot about discipline which of course I have already

Hello!

- Anger adds fire damage to spell totem and screws up EE.
- Haste is nice for clearspeed and ok DPS boost.
- Grace would good also as build has some Evasion from base items and Skin will almost doubles the bonus from it

I don't recommend triple curse as it takes too many item slots. My own choice for aura would be Grace or Haste. You can cap resisntaces easily with second ring if you drop "Doedre's Damning".

"

"
Anyone did guardians/shaper with this build on Harbinger league, without legacy mantle?

"
@qbatronix

the legacy variant is another base (occultist westment, 3-10% spell dmg implicit)

In league build ends up with about 8-8.5k EHP (Life+ES) with skin of the loyal or Infernal Mantle. This is enough to do all content as many build followers have already done. Defenses are very strong if you follow my links and tree. You wont be taking many hits at all from non-boss enemies as Temp Chain and CWDTs takes care of 99% of monsters minus boss.

"
For endgame bossing if you can't get the extra +1 infernal mantle since it would probably be impossible to get all these reds on it... Would it be better to run flame golem > empower 4 > spell echo > minion damage support > LMP/GMP > fire penetration support instead of controlled destruction ? My understanding is that fire pen is the #1 most damaging gem in the setup so it seems like this would be the best route to go for bosses.

Hi!

You can use Skin of the Loyal before trying to get +1 Infernal Mantle. Colors should be :

(3r1g2b)
Golem -> Echo -> Minion Damage -> Greater Multiple projectiles -> Empower - > Fire penetration
or
(2r1g3)
Golem -> Echo -> Minion Damage -> Greater Multiple projectiles -> Empower - > Controlled Destruction

Both work nearly as well. Cont Dest gives more DPS on tooltip, but I like Fire Pene for extra damage against high resistance enemies when EE is not up all the time ;)

"
I feel like a noob for asking, but how did you get the minion movement speed on the rings?

"
@rotan

essence

Hello :)

You can use "??? Essense of fear" on rings to craft minion speed in them. ??? is power of the essence and how high value it will craft on the ring.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Sep 4, 2017, 7:05:27 PM
"
Penziplays wrote:
@rotan

essence

@qbatronix

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info