[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
Jedam81 wrote:
hi,

I play the elementalist version of the build, which is suppose to pack more damage, but I'm struggling big time to complete blight events above T12, or legion event

I made some little changes to the build to deal more damage, but still short

any advice ? items, talents, gems

TY

Hey Jedam,

First issue I can see with your setup is that you have your spectres in a elder helmet with minion life and minion damage BUT you also are using a 20/20 Minion damage in your spectre links. That's not really giving you any more damage as it stands and should be swapped out immediately. If you are using TV spectres then I suggest replacing it with elemental Focus.

Speaking of which one upgrade would be to try and buy a elder helmet with minion life & minion damage & burning damage. These ought not to be too expensive since few minions benefit from the burning damage link but would provide you with closer damage to a 6-link Spectre. Your current ones are basically on a 4 link atm so it should be a substantial boost.

You should probably look to pick up Death Attunement on the tree as well since it gives an extra spectre.

You could also swap your 20/20 Flame Golem for a 21/0 cheaply. A level 21 golem does slightly more damage than a 20/20. Aim to get a 21/20 when you can. You can probably also change your level 2 Empower for a corrupted level 3. Should cost around 8c. Continue leveling your current one in your offhand until it hits 3 and then hope to get lucky on the vaal!

Lastly FWIW I never found golems that great at clearing Legion Encounters. I basically try and flame dash to each end and unlock as many rares as I can before the timer expires. Usually get a decent chunk of them but it's not a full unlock like ED + Cont or Cyclone was last league.
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
You can probably also change your level 2 Empower for a corrupted level 3.

Fire Pen should be stronger than Empower lvl 3, no?
"
tomay wrote:
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
You can probably also change your level 2 Empower for a corrupted level 3.

I've just imported his character into PoB, selected enemy hit by cold damage and then set enemy to ignited. Then set enemy type to Std Boss. Otherwise not really ticked or unchecked skills...etc.

A lvl 21 flame golem with Fire Pen gives 69k ish DPS per magma ball.
A level 3 empower gives 67k ish per magma ball but golems lose approx 5k life (30k down to 25k).

Totally a judgement call as to whether you feel giving up the golem life is worth it but I don't think the difference is massive. No reason not to try running both and for right now a lvl 10 fire pen is a pretty big boost vs a lvl 2 Empower so no reason not to run fire pen if you aren't going to buy the lvl 3 Empower straight away.

Mika will probably confirm what would be best. I'm not great with PoB so apologies if my calculations are incorrect.
"
bcorkill1 wrote:
So, I'm looking at the t16 and Minotaur video and you have a 50% spell block chance on your shield. That's no where in the guide. I think that's a pretty big deal. Also, the guide mentions some alternatives to the animate guardian set up, but only that expensive axe has fortify.

I just think the guide could probably draw more attention to those pieces as REQUIRED and also the cost on Xbox is like 10ex for Not quite as good of gear as necessary for this build.

"
I think the mod in question on the shield is actually 50% of block chance is applied to spells. NOT 50% chance to block spells. Assuming the mod is local only then that is 12.5% spell block as the shield has 25% chance to block attacks. If the mod is global however then it is going to be considerably more effective but I'm sure Mika can confirm.

I'm pretty sure Mika is more showcasing his gear as something to aim for rather than actually "required". So much of the endgame bosses is down to knowledge of the fight and so the level of gear a certain player may require to beat each boss will change depending on how good they are at the fight. I rarely if ever bother with the endgame boss fights but a couple of leagues ago I put together an Elementalist with 11K ES, CI & 55k armour plus 2.5k ES regen per sec. Also had 80% cold res and 600 ES on block with block chance around 55%. It was nigh on unkillable even for guardians / red Elder providing you didn't roll any completely insane mods.

That was one of the things I always found Mika to be really helpful with. I told him I wanted to just get really tanky and got some good advice as to how to make it a walking tank with a moderate DPS loss. I think the idea is to follow his "recommended" setup and then change stuff once you understand the game and the golem style of play better.

"
(flame) golems have 3 required items: primordial might, harmony and anima stone

the rest is up to you. and mika shows a lot of variants with some explenations.
and make your profile public, otherwise noone can help you

Hello :)

The shield had legacy line which added 50% of my normal block chance to my spell block, not straight 50% spell block. The line was later converted to about 15% flat spell block. Now the Necromancer gets actually much more block chance than what I had in the video.

Like "stfukthx" and "DrHarvey12" said, the Golem jewels are the actual core items. Then there is pack of my own choice of gear that makes my own setup, but most of it is easily replaced with similar or cheaper gear. I never had any problems leveling Necros in leagues with random items and endgame items can be even self crafted using my guide. I recommend checking crafting part from FAQ section of the guide.

I try to show different setups in videos to give players new ideas to mix and match items and many have come out with excellet setups using only some of my builds core items.

If you switch profile to public, I'm sure you can get tons of tips to upgrade build to suit your taste ;)

"
I play the elementalist version of the build, which is suppose to pack more damage, but I'm struggling big time to complete blight events above T12, or legion event

I made some little changes to the build to deal more damage, but still short

any advice ? items, talents, gems

TY

"
Hey Jedam,

First issue I can see with your setup is that you have your spectres in a elder helmet with minion life and minion damage BUT you also are using a 20/20 Minion damage in your spectre links. That's not really giving you any more damage as it stands and should be swapped out immediately. If you are using TV spectres then I suggest replacing it with elemental Focus.

Speaking of which one upgrade would be to try and buy a elder helmet with minion life & minion damage & burning damage. These ought not to be too expensive since few minions benefit from the burning damage link but would provide you with closer damage to a 6-link Spectre. Your current ones are basically on a 4 link atm so it should be a substantial boost.

You should probably look to pick up Death Attunement on the tree as well since it gives an extra spectre.

You could also swap your 20/20 Flame Golem for a 21/0 cheaply. A level 21 golem does slightly more damage than a 20/20. Aim to get a 21/20 when you can. You can probably also change your level 2 Empower for a corrupted level 3. Should cost around 8c. Continue leveling your current one in your offhand until it hits 3 and then hope to get lucky on the vaal!

Lastly FWIW I never found golems that great at clearing Legion Encounters. I basically try and flame dash to each end and unlock as many rares as I can before the timer expires. Usually get a decent chunk of them but it's not a full unlock like ED + Cont or Cyclone was last league.

"

"
I've just imported his character into PoB, selected enemy hit by cold damage and then set enemy to ignited. Then set enemy type to Std Boss. Otherwise not really ticked or unchecked skills...etc.

A lvl 21 flame golem with Fire Pen gives 69k ish DPS per magma ball.
A level 3 empower gives 67k ish per magma ball but golems lose approx 5k life (30k down to 25k).

Totally a judgement call as to whether you feel giving up the golem life is worth it but I don't think the difference is massive. No reason not to try running both and for right now a lvl 10 fire pen is a pretty big boost vs a lvl 2 Empower so no reason not to run fire pen if you aren't going to buy the lvl 3 Empower straight away.

Mika will probably confirm what would be best. I'm not great with PoB so apologies if my calculations are incorrect.

Hey :)

You are using the old Elementalist setup. I have converted Elementalist using "Pledge of Hands" staff and Primordial Chain now and it deals about dozen times more damage while being even tankier than before. I highly recommend switching to the new setup. List of items and PoB is in :

PASSIVES -> PLEDGE OF HANDS -ELEMENTALIST

Videos about Pledge setup in action

https://youtu.be/m7hh5pAHIpA

Good news is that swapping to Pledge is quite cheap and you can start with 5-link if you are low on currency. The tree and most of the gear is also compatible with the old setup.

As for upgrades :
- Flame Golem from 20/20 -> 21/0 as level is better then quality
- Rings (40+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances, [Str / Dex], [Minion movement speed])
- Belt [Crystal] (110+ ES, 60+ HP, Resistances)

There upgrades work for both Elementalist variants.

If you however want to stay with old variant:
- Amulet [Chayula] or (40+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances, 10%+ maximum ES rare)
- Armor [Skin of the Loyal] (2r2g2b, you can use Slower Projectiles instead of fire pene or Combustion. With good ES on other items, Sotl gives more level to Golems and about same or more ES than currenct armor.)

Also running Empower 1-2 on non-"Skin of the Loyal" +1 level armors is not recommended. Once you have Sotl and lvl 3 Empower at least, Empower starts to beat Fire Penetration.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 16, 2019, 12:42:37 PM
ty for all the answers
Mika, hi!

Here is my take on Pledge of Hands Golementalist, CI version:
https://pastebin.com/WCqnnDKG

My goal was to have all-round pure golementalist leaning towards Uber Elder farming. Funny enough after 1 EZ Uber Elder kill i ended up grinding juiced up T16 Burials. :) This version had only one weakness - phys damage, but with 3.8 patch OP golem buffs last weakness is gone!

So, CI PoH Golementalist, featuring:

~ 9400 ES
- chaos immunity
- 36% phys reduction (w/o flasks, pure Chaos golem buff)
- 62%+ phys reduction with flask and 3 endurance charges
- Fortify
- 3 endurance charges (while maping)
- 1100 ES/sec regen (with boots when hit enchant and consecrated ground it goes to 1800 ES/sec)
- ES gain on spell hit + CWDT+GMP+Ball lightning

Shaper melts in seconds, Uber Elder is a joke. All content down obviously.
Very nice for delving, packs of mobs so dense that ball lightning replenishes like 500 ES every 0.2 sec.

No luck crafting 200+ ES boots so far, but i'm sure i can take it over 10K ES.
18% ES from Mana watcher's eye should give it 2K more, theoretically.
So potentially 12K+ ES with 50Ex+ investment. :) Or, as an option, droping Discipline in favor of curse aura for faster clear speed, with ES from Mana mod i'll still have 9K+ of ES.

Current budget is ~30Ex.

Prooflink: T16 burials clear with terrible gaming skill :) but at least you can see how tanky it is https://youtu.be/IMyEqA5m0Kk

Last edited by c__rat on Oct 16, 2019, 9:24:19 PM
"
c__rat wrote:
3 endurance charges (while maping)

You can have two/three ECs up all the time with crafted rings/amulet.

"
c__rat wrote:
1100 ES/sec regen (with boots when hit enchant and consecrated ground it goes to 1800 ES/sec)

You can also get another 3% temp regen from flask mod. Why no Zealotry? Besides dealing 22% more damage the flame golems will drop consec ground everywhere.

Without Chayula or Skyforth, how do you deal with stuns then?
Last edited by tomay on Oct 17, 2019, 2:23:35 AM
"
tomay wrote:

...You can have two/three ECs up all the time with crafted rings/amulet.
...You can also get another 3% temp regen from flask mod.

Yeap, absolutely there is still room for improvements. I want to craft 200+ ES, 1% regen, 35% move speed + T1-T2 res boots first. Which will lessen resistance req. on other items, so they can be improved via target crafting.

"
tomay wrote:

Why no Zealotry? Besides dealing 22% more damage the flame golems will drop consec ground everywhere.

It's a valid option. This time i decided to go for skitterbots and aspect of the spider. Spider give 15% more + hinders. Skitterbots shock for 20% base increased damage, with 20% quality an 30% shock efficiency from Ele ascendancy it becomes 30% more damage.
So it's ~50% more damage (1.15*1.30) with 60% mana reserved.

"
tomay wrote:

Simply don't care about because i never had issues. I guess Soul of the Brine King pantheon ensures there are no stun-locks, while single occasions are un-noticable.
"
c__rat wrote:
This time i decided to go for skitterbots and aspect of the spider. Spider give 15% more + hinders. Skitterbots shock for 20% base increased damage, with 20% quality an 30% shock efficiency from Ele ascendancy it becomes 30% more damage.

So I've noticed in your character profile... it's an interesting alternative aright (btw, quality adds minion speed, shock effect comes from gem level). Shame I love Blood Magic so much, rules out Aspect and Skitterbots for me. ;)
"
Jedam81 wrote:
ty for all the answers

Hello :)

Np, glad we could help! ;)

"
Mika, hi!

Here is my take on Pledge of Hands Golementalist, CI version:
https://pastebin.com/WCqnnDKG

My goal was to have all-round pure golementalist leaning towards Uber Elder farming. Funny enough after 1 EZ Uber Elder kill i ended up grinding juiced up T16 Burials. :) This version had only one weakness - phys damage, but with 3.8 patch OP golem buffs last weakness is gone!

So, CI PoH Golementalist, featuring:

~ 9400 ES
- chaos immunity
- 36% phys reduction (w/o flasks, pure Chaos golem buff)
- 62%+ phys reduction with flask and 3 endurance charges
- Fortify
- 3 endurance charges (while maping)
- 1100 ES/sec regen (with boots when hit enchant and consecrated ground it goes to 1800 ES/sec)
- ES gain on spell hit + CWDT+GMP+Ball lightning

Shaper melts in seconds, Uber Elder is a joke. All content down obviously.
Very nice for delving, packs of mobs so dense that ball lightning replenishes like 500 ES every 0.2 sec.

No luck crafting 200+ ES boots so far, but i'm sure i can take it over 10K ES.
18% ES from Mana watcher's eye should give it 2K more, theoretically.
So potentially 12K+ ES with 50Ex+ investment. :) Or, as an option, droping Discipline in favor of curse aura for faster clear speed, with ES from Mana mod i'll still have 9K+ of ES.

Current budget is ~30Ex.

Prooflink: T16 burials clear with terrible gaming skill :) but at least you can see how tanky it is https://youtu.be/IMyEqA5m0Kk

"
You can have two/three ECs up all the time with crafted rings/amulet.

"
You can also get another 3% temp regen from flask mod. Why no Zealotry? Besides dealing 22% more damage the flame golems will drop consec ground everywhere.

"
Yeap, absolutely there is still room for improvements. I want to craft 200+ ES, 1% regen, 35% move speed + T1-T2 res boots first. Which will lessen resistance req. on other items, so they can be improved via target crafting.

"
It's a valid option. This time i decided to go for skitterbots and aspect of the spider. Spider give 15% more + hinders. Skitterbots shock for 20% base increased damage, with 20% quality an 30% shock efficiency from Ele ascendancy it becomes 30% more damage.

"
Simply don't care about because i never had issues. I guess Soul of the Brine King pantheon ensures there are no stun-locks, while single occasions are un-noticable.

"
So I've noticed in your character profile... it's an interesting alternative aright (btw, quality adds minion speed, shock effect comes from gem level). Shame I love Blood Magic so much, rules out Aspect and Skitterbots for me. ;)

Hey :)

That's very solid looking setup!

Defenses look excellent and you have fresh take on the skill setup. Looks like it could work well in HC thanks to added layers of protecions. Very well balanced set of damage, defense and utility.

Videos is also nice addition and you got smooth recording :)

"Tomay" summed up my points already well.

I have been testing Skitter Bots in standard with my Necro and have some experience on them. They are great at boss fights but suck at clearing compared to Elemental Weakness.

On boss chill and shocks 20% DPS increase is noticable and Skitter Bots stay near boss all the time.

However when clearing they are very weak. They run off-screen and tend to take on single enemies. Trash mobs can have just enough Fire res that increased damage from shock doesn't speed up clearing much, but lowering the defenses to 0% or lower with Ele Weakness makes mobs die in 1-shot. Even Skitter Bots + Aspect of Spider don't match the clear-speed that EW on Blashpemy provides.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info