[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Hello! You have the best build thread I've ever seen and you are so patient and awesome with answering questions. Thank you!

Is there a big difference in clear speed/bossing between:

6L Flame Golem in Skin of the Loyal + 4/5L Shaper Helm Solar Guards Elementalist

vs

6L Solar Guards in Vis Mortis + 4+5L Shaper Helm Flame Golems Necromancer

I'm ready to make my summoner for this league and I'm having trouble deciding.

This is the variant I played previously: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2056832

But I assume you've tried both so I'd love your thoughts.

Thank you!
livejamie
Last edited by livejamie on Jun 28, 2018, 6:32:22 PM
One quick noob question how to get 6 golems :(. Five is the maximum for me...
"

1 + 2 (Elementalist Ascendancy) + 2 (Anima Stone and at least 3 Primodial gems) + 1 (Clayshaper)

You can take 2nd Clayshaper, but you will lower your defense.
"
Arinfaed wrote:
@mika2salo man, you are so fast!

thanks for the answer.
I dont Quote because it would be a pain to scroll all over it.

So i dont Play with ES and only HP so far.
Maybe i Switch later on but dont think so. Thats why i dont mind the Bone Helmet.
Im on 48% Evade and got vaal Grace most of the time while i map.

The Question is, if my Golems would get more DMG from a Helmet Enchant from uber lab.
and if there are big reasons for trying to craft a shaper or elder Helmet with enchant.

For now i dont use any spectre because my build doesnt really give them damage anyway.
So i think i dont really need a pseudo 6L.

I could try to swap some gem stuff to use more Curse but i dont think its that easy.
Maybe you could watch over my Profile and tell me what you think about my build.

I got Sotl with 3R/1G/2B so im fine. with 1 Red to Blue i would use Controlled Distruction over fire Pen. But i dont see me paying 200C for that one Gem Slot at the Moment.

With the next few life nodes and some min maxing on the items i will hit 6k life.
I hope thats enough for the most part.

And i know... my Gems are not even lvl 20 and dont have 20%Q. I hope to Change that soon and try to get a corrupted SFG and Empower

Thanks again for your fast reply and all the time u put into this!
Especially for me as a HC Player guides are very important and there is not much space for try and error....

Hello :)

Haha, thanks XD

If you are playing mostly on life, Bone Helmet is actually pretty good option. Flame Golems dont care if the damage comes from "Minions deal increased damage" or "Golems deal increased damage" line. However they have already tons of Increased damage, so extra damage wont be very significant. Specters on the other hand have much less increased than more damage, so increased damage really boosts their damage.

2r1g3b and 3r1g2b Sotls are pretty similar in DPS, so no need to change for extra color.

I would get Flame Golems 21/0 and Empower 3 as soon as possible as it gives huge DPS and HP boost to Golems. Specs are nice DPS addon, but maybe for HC more defense is better.

Switch phase run and Immortal Call order in CWDT as CWDT casts gems from left-up -> Right-up -> Right-down -> Left-down, etc. Right now Immortal call gets cast after Phase Run and cancels it.

"
I bought one SOTL but my resistances are taking a big hit. The only way for me to cap it is either I sacrifice one of my rings that gives around 25 % Chaos Resistance for a ring with better Elemental Resistances or I could Change the Bones Of Ullr for a boot with better Res, Life and ES. What should I do?

"
To be honest, a better belt would be a big improvment.
And your Amulet doesnt seem that good either. Atleast ressistance wise.
Its tough to geht so many ress and Chaos ress on the items, but its possible.

Your Rings are quite okay, but both got stats that you dont need.
I dont know how much u lack, but the belt would be a big improvment.

"
If I only Equip SOTL then I am lacking 25 % fire and 10 % Cold Res to the cap.

As for the Belt The Life and ES on it seems pretty good but the resistances are a bit low. Should I buy a new one that has better Resistances on it but worse ES and Life?

The Amulet is good for me since It helps with the gem requirements and those two Resistances are good too and the ES on it seems to be good too.

My rings have a lot of Resistances but it has some stats that are useless and no Life and ES at all.

Hey :)

Are you using Aliras bandit reward? The 15% ele res makes capping chaos res with elemental res lot easier.

I would keep Bones of Ullr as Occultist really need all the damage from minions that it can get as Ascendancy gives no minion damage.

Chaos res is ok at about +40% if you are careful and give enemies bit distraction in Incursions / Temples. I recommend using Vaal Skels even as in 1-link as they give you enough distraction at start if Incurstion.

Belt, rings, amulet and gloves could all use some upgrade as you want as much ES as possible. Sotl will give you extra ES per item, but not for HP lines. Good values are :
- Rings (40+ ES, 40+ HP, Chaos res, Ele res)
- Amulet (40+ ES, 40+ HP, Chaos res, Ele res)
- Crystal belt (110+ ES, 40+ HP, Chaos res, Ele res)
- Gloves (150+ ES, 40+ HP, Chaos res, Ele res)

If you are careful at what ele res you want per item, the upgrade wont be very expensive. ES gear is pretty cheap atm as HP is more wanted stat ;)

"
Hello guys! I need some help. Im following this guide. Here is My character (EvoSkeletons).

I have capped resistances and dmg at the moment is fine, but I don't know which of my items should I change first, can you give me any advice? (budget is around 1ex atm, but its starting to grow pretty fast) I was thinking about changing gloves/belt or rings to get as much res as possible, so I could go for unique boots/helmet. Is there any chance to get 3x res + ES/HP items from trading or will it be easier to craft those?

Same list at above for jewelry :
- Amulet (40+ ES, 40+ HP, Chaos res, Ele res)
- Crystal belt (110+ ES, 40+ HP, Chaos res, Ele res)

Good starting pack for Golemancing is :
- Lvl 21/0 Flame Golem gem
- Lvl 3 corrupt Empower
- 2r2g2b (Golem -> Emp -> GMP -> Slow proj -> Echo -> Minion damage) Sotl
- Pseudo 6-link helmet for Specters

All can be bought way under 1 EX as you have already Anima and Might.

After these changes I recommend focusing on maxing Temp Chains as its your main defense :
- 20 quality on both Temp Chain and Blasphemy
- At level corrupt lvl 3 Enhance
- Skittering Runes
- If possible +1 corrupt Bones or Ullr

If you get TC running at full power, you only have to worry about bosses ;)

"
Hello! You have the best build thread I've ever seen and you are so patient and awesome with answering questions. Thank you!

Is there a big difference in clear speed/bossing between:

6L Flame Golem in Skin of the Loyal + 4/5L Shaper Helm Solar Guards Elementalist

vs

6L Solar Guards in Vis Mortis + 4+5L Shaper Helm Flame Golems Necromancer

I'm ready to make my summoner for this league and I'm having trouble deciding.

This is the variant I played previously: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2056832

But I assume you've tried both so I'd love your thoughts.

Thank you!

Thanks for support ^^

After years of grinding managing thread is welcome change. I actually just got my new job partially thanks to you guys as they were very interested in my Youtube-channel and thread activity. Gives very nice credits for social media requirement. Thank you all for being here for me all this time ;)

I actually just tested Tukohama Specs vs Solar Goards.

Setup was 4x Flame Golems in +1 Vis Mortis and 4x Specs using Necromancer and Soul Weaver.

TVs had (7-link) :
Specs -> Minion res -> Ele Focus -> Swift Afflict -> Minion damage (helmet) -> Burn damage (helmet) -> Minion life (helmet)

SGs had (8-link) :
Specs -> Minion res -> Echo -> GMP -> Minion damage (helmet) -> conc effect (helmet) -> Minion life (helmet) -> Immolation (helmet)

Flame Golems had Combustion on both setups to boost Specters damage 20% and to ignite mobs for Immolate in helmet.

Result was that TVs had about double boss kill speed compared to SGs no matter how much I tried to boost SGs damage and cast speed.

Both of your setup are very good and but I think boosting Golems damage gives more benefit as SGs damage is quite limited. I would definitely go with Sotl after my test. SGs are very nice while leveling but after t14+ when bosses start to tank, TVs are just way faster.

"

"
1 + 2 (Elementalist Ascendancy) + 2 (Anima Stone and at least 3 Primodial gems) + 1 (Clayshaper)

You can take 2nd Clayshaper, but you will lower your defense.

Yep, Elementalist gets max 7 golems while others get 5. With 1x clayshaper its 6 golems for Ele while rest get 4.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jun 29, 2018, 11:20:27 AM
If you get the time, can you take a look at my character and let me know what of any changes you would make?

Here's my pastebin also.

https://pastebin.com/KA7UHLbJ

Thanks.
@mika2Salo buddy, what do you think about dying breath as a weapon for the Animate Guardian? Should boost minion and curses?

Also for necro, Bones of Ullr - which corrupt would be better - 2 leves to curse or 1 to all gems?
Last edited by Dreddster on Jul 1, 2018, 12:47:29 PM
"
iiDWESTii wrote:
If you get the time, can you take a look at my character and let me know what of any changes you would make?

Here's my pastebin also.

https://pastebin.com/KA7UHLbJ

Thanks.

Hello :)

You have pretty nice gear but there are some changes I can recommend. You didn't specify if you had problem with anything so there are just general updates that can be done :

- Helmet (100+ ES, 50+ HP (ES is your most important stat, armor helmets wihtout HP or ES are very bad)
- Boots +1 level to socketed gems (You want +1 to Enhance, not curses as Ehnance boost effectiveness lot more)
- Shield (50% block chance applied to spells if possible)

Overall your doing very good with gear and tree. If you ever have problems with Incursions or Temples, you can try :
- Storm Burst -> Cwc -> Vaal Skels -> Chance to blind

You can fish put most damage off-screen if you cast skeletons on the room before you enter.

"
@mika2Salo buddy, what do you think about dying breath as a weapon for the Animate Guardian? Should boost minion and curses?

Also for necro, Bones of Ullr - which corrupt would be better - 2 leves to curse or 1 to all gems?

Hi :)

Dying breath is pretty nice boost, but drops Animate Guardians survival a lot. I recommend linking it with at least minion life if you want to drop Rathpith.

For Bones, +1 to all gems is way better as it boosts Enhance. +2 to curse level is 1% more base curse effect, while +1 to Enhance is 4% more base curse effect
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jul 1, 2018, 2:22:20 PM
Hi there, just giving you an update and thanks you for the insanely good guide.
Reached level 87, and finaly got my Presence of Chayula it was a lot of grinding.

This is my first summoner build and one of the strongest build i played.
I have hit a wall at level 85 and had to respect Necromantic Aegis to a +30 dext node and take a +30 str node at level 86.
Since then i switched from Victario'S Charity to Rathpith Globe and switched this ammy
to Chayula.
Also switched from Solar Guard to Vanguard, clear speed is a little slower but bosses/rares are way easiers.

I was able to tank uber lab Isaro Slam but died to a trap so i still need my last ascension which will increase clear speed.

Build feel a lot more tanky and now i'm at
Life :2613
Shield:7022
EHP :9635

Still working on getting optimal gem and other harmonies but so far it look great.
Dropped Kiara's Determination and using a resistance flask to cap cold resist until i have better belt or more jewel socket (missing 19%).

I prefer the tank version with Vertex helmet its making life easier.

Otherwise feel great to have +50% chaos resist.

Thanks a lot for all your advice and the guide.

My current gear :

Spoiler

---
Hello, thanks for your guide. I've been following it and having a blast.

I have a question about the usage of spell totem that you mention a lot for boss fights. I didn't find spell totem under your 'gem' section so I'm a little bit confused as to how I should use spell totem for boss fights. As in...what do I link spell totem to in order to make it useful for bosses?

I've just been vaguely spamming storm burst in the general direction of the boss to make my golems aggro it but I'd love to know how to use spell totem correctly for more accurate boss pointing. Thanks!
I was pleased with this double corrupt for the +4 to temp chains and flammability/ele weakness and +2 to blasphemy and vaal skeletons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info