[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

thanks bud, your answers are much appreciated!

For the 7 link, which one would be best for end game? concentrated effect or minion life?
Hi all, great guide overall helped me a lot at my first summoner build. Before i was playing mostly melee builds with duelist/maruder but i wanted to try something new, and I randomly saw on youtube golem's in action, nad fell in love with it on the first sight. After my first golemancer i wanted to dig more into summoner but i have two questions minion related, that i can't find clear answer:

1. Does "Socketed gems deal 30% more elemental damage" mode on elder helmet works or not? I find answer on multiple forum/reddit threads that doesn't work BUT i found also this Mark_GGG comment:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7qvuz8/horror_essence_7_link_helmet_keeper_for_sure/

English is not my native language so I'm not sure on his specific wording in his comment. So could someone help?

2. Just in theory can animate guardian equipped with Victario's Charity give frenzy charges to all
minions and me?

3. Elder helmets with mods 22% Increased minion damage/life (the one with "socketed gems are supported by lvl 20 Minion Damage, they have second line) are local to minions socketed in helm or global to all?
Last edited by Kixnare on Jun 26, 2018, 4:27:38 PM
"
oztaahh wrote:
Hey, guys, maybe it has already been asked before, but id be glad if someone could clarify it for me. Im gonna use Flame golems just for single target dps, so the question is: can flame golem's skill shotgun? If so gmp/lmp seems to be a must, but if no id betetr use empower. My links would be: SFG - Ele focus - Minion damage - Spell echo - GMP/LMP or Empower? Thanks in advance.

Hello :)

I'm not actually sure as shotgunning was removed for projectiles, but from what I understand fireball aoe explosions can still overlap if using GMP. With GMP Golems however cover lot of ground at least making sure that some orbs are hitting. Both using GMP and some other gem instead should be ok.

Hey :)

"
thanks bud, your answers are much appreciated!

For the 7 link, which one would be best for end game? concentrated effect or minion life?

Conc Effect wont affect Tukohama Specters at all as they dont have AEO tag. Minion life is very nice and lets you use Specters even with other variants if you decide to change later.

I would got for minion life as 7th gem for Specters.

"
Hi all, great guide overall helped me a lot at my first summoner build. Before i was playing mostly melee builds with duelist/maruder but i wanted to try something new, and I randomly saw on youtube golem's in action, nad fell in love with it on the first sight. After my first golemancer i wanted to dig more into summoner but i have two questions minion related, that i can't find clear answer:

1. Does "Socketed gems deal 30% more elemental damage" mode on elder helmet works or not? I find answer on multiple forum/reddit threads that doesn't work BUT i found also this Mark_GGG comment:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7qvuz8/horror_essence_7_link_helmet_keeper_for_sure/

English is not my native language so I'm not sure on his specific wording in his comment. So could someone help?

2. Just in theory can animate guardian equipped with Victario's Charity give frenzy charges to all minions and me?

Thanks for support ^^

1)
Mark confirms that "Socketed gems deal 30% more elemental damage" is working with minions.

2)
Yes, it should give you and whole party Frenzy charges. Power charges are pretty impossible to get but Frenzy charges are pretty realistic. I think melee splash and multi-strike could do the trick.

I'm very interested to hear how the test goes if you decide to try it :P
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Hi Mika, thanks for answer's i also edited my post with one more question.

Regarding the animate guardian i was thinking about making him linked to my shield charge setup with faster attacks i will equip him with:

- Bright Beak - massive A/S
- Devoto's Devotion - A/S and Movement speed
- Victario's flight - obvious reason's
- Victario's Charity - frenzy charges
- I'm not sure what kind of armor i should use

With 20% quality animate guardian have 40% movement speed + item's he will be moving fast and attacking fast, it's probably stupid idea for mapping because spectres/golems kills mobs before he can even get to them. But im looking with this setup mostly for bossing. I really wanted to use 75/75 block chance on myslef because for me necro is really squishy and with that approach he has much more def. But going for block chance i can't use necro aegis and i lose huge dmg buff to minions. So i come up with this idea of "killing two rhoa's with one stone" ;)
First time playing with minions and so far, no problems at all. It is a very detailed guide.

One question: I'm level 43 and i feel like SRS are weaker than the flame sentinels. Can i drop the srs and keep only the specters and zombies? At the moment i have three specters. Need only five more points to get Death Attunement.
"
ExDream00 wrote:
First time playing with minions and so far, no problems at all. It is a very detailed guide.

One question: I'm level 43 and i feel like SRS are weaker than the flame sentinels. Can i drop the srs and keep only the specters and zombies? At the moment i have three specters. Need only five more points to get Death Attunement.

SRS are only here to help you go through the acts. Once you feel comfortable with only spectres / zombies / golems, stop using them :)
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
Just wondering

Is this corruption on jewel "5% increased damage" affect both me and my minion or do i have to get the "5% increased minions damage"

I may have took the wrong one haha
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Jun 27, 2018, 10:41:21 AM
Hi I have reached mapping and I am having trouble with my defense.
1. should I use fortify with shield charge and level animate guardian with secondary weapon?

2. should I use bone offering instead of flesh offering? ( am Occultist just to remind).

3. should I have any armour or Evasion at all? Right now I only have about 500 evasion with 2700 life and 5850 ES.

4. Why should the convocation skill be level 1? it should be able to go up to level 5 before CWD is too low level.
Last edited by chidoriseanbon on Jun 27, 2018, 11:00:06 AM
"
Hi Mika, thanks for answer's i also edited my post with one more question.

Regarding the animate guardian i was thinking about making him linked to my shield charge setup with faster attacks i will equip him with:

- Bright Beak - massive A/S
- Devoto's Devotion - A/S and Movement speed
- Victario's flight - obvious reason's
- Victario's Charity - frenzy charges
- I'm not sure what kind of armor i should use

With 20% quality animate guardian have 40% movement speed + item's he will be moving fast and attacking fast, it's probably stupid idea for mapping because spectres/golems kills mobs before he can even get to them. But im looking with this setup mostly for bossing. I really wanted to use 75/75 block chance on myslef because for me necro is really squishy and with that approach he has much more def. But going for block chance i can't use necro aegis and i lose huge dmg buff to minions. So i come up with this idea of "killing two rhoa's with one stone" ;)

I actually tested AG today with :
- Bright Beak
- Charity
- Zahndethus' Cassock
- Rainbowstrides
- Southbound

Linked it with :
AG -> Multistrike -> Increased attack speed -> Minion speed

AG was beating like a drummer when I activated flesh offering and seems to generate charges quite fast.

The idea is very nice and needs more testing :P

"

"
SRS are only here to help you go through the acts. Once you feel comfortable with only spectres / zombies / golems, stop using them :)

Hi :)

Yep, SRS is needed only for leveling till using Specs. You can safely drop them and run only tanky zombies and Specs. You can also use SRS for utility if you link them with :
SRS -> Melee Splash -> Chance to maim -> Chance to blind

"
Just wondering

Is this corruption on jewel "5% increased damage" affect both me and my minion or do i have to get the "5% increased minions damage"

I may have took the wrong one haha

"Increased damage" only affect you. only lines with "minions" or specific minion type affect minions.

"
Hi I have reached mapping and I am having trouble with my defense.
1. should I use fortify with shield charge and level animate guardian with secondary weapon?

2. should I use bone offering instead of flesh offering? ( am Occultist just to remind).

3. should I have any armour or Evasion at all? Right now I only have about 500 evasion with 2700 life and 5850 ES.

4. Why should the convocation skill be level 1? it should be able to go up to level 5 before CWD is too low level.

Hi :)

Your char is private so cant check your gear or links. Generic advice after reaching maps is :

Max EHP (HP + ES)
- Rings (40+ ES, 40+ HP, chaos res, ele res)
- Amulet (40+ ES, 40+ HP, chaos res, ele res)
- Crystal Belt (110+ ES, 40+ HP, chaos res, ele res)
- Gloves (150+ ES, 40+ HP, chaos res, ele res)

Max Temporal Chains
- Try to get corrupt enhance 3
- Try to get corrupt +1 Bones or Ullr or place curses in Vertex if you are using it
- Try to get quality in Temp Ccains and Blasphemy as it affect curse effectiveness
- Take Skittering Runes

Max minions DPS
- Try to get skin of the loyal (2r2g2b is quite cheap)
- Try to get 21/0 Flame Golems gem (few c)
- Try to get Corrupt Empower 3
- Try to get pseudo 6-link helmet for Specters
- Try to get level 20 Raise Specter and Desecrate
- Try to get Specs from t15+ maps

1)
Fortify is quite nice when charging fast into packs. If you move more carefully AG can give more benefit with distraction that what Fortify gives with damage mitigation.

2)
Occultist doenst get any benefit from Bone Offering so Flesh Offering is better as it makes fights shorter

3)
Low numbers of Armor and Evasion are quite trivial. Its best to focus on stacking as much ES as possible and HP as possible. Temporal Chains also plays huge part in survival so try to cap it as fast as possible.

4)
You can level it if you want but it wont give any big benefits. level 1 is is easy to remember when leveling so it wont be accidentally over-leveled.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jun 27, 2018, 1:14:05 PM
Fixed it. it should be public now. The characters name is "Rikudou_Lucy".

Skin of the loyal is a little expensive for me right now but I can buy it, only problem is that my body armour right now gives a lot ES and Resistances so I dont know If i can use skin of the loyal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info