[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

thanks buddy, I got couple of questions:

1. Just to understand properly - we apply elemental weakness with the animate guardian to ensure boss has it if we are standing too far away, correct? Otherwise the Elemental weakness we apply is stronger.

2. "When linked with "Melee splash" -Gem, Animate Guardian will apply the curse for multiple enemies at once instead of only 1 target." - sorry, how does this part work?
Love it! Thx for a very good guide aswell! cheers
Hey there! First "real" summoner build I've tried so I'm a complete noob when it comes to the mechanics and learning a lot.

Your leveling section is fantastic and I've been trying to follow it to a T, only recommendation I'd make would be what skills to be using while doing so and when to slot what. Doing my best to make something up (SRS, Zombies, Specters and Skeletons (totems so I can spam SRS), but I'm sure my guessing/lack of knowledge is slowing progression down a lot.

I'm lvl 39 as of writing this so TONS of improvement ahead but should I be putting in the links as they come available or wait until later?

Currency wise I only have about an exalt and a half to invest. Picked up the Anima, Might and two Harmonies, looking for a chest.

Character is: "ncwiad_FlameGullet"
Last edited by Kerkain on Jun 24, 2018, 4:43:13 PM
I am so confused. I got all the reduced mana reservation nodes required in passive tree. I have all my occultist ascendancies. But I don't have enough mana to reserve discipline as well as temp chains and flammability without going over 100% if they are supported by enhance because enhance adds more percent reserved. Am i missing something?
"
tavi2530 wrote:
How does this build deal with Chaos damage with no CI or Shav? Don't see you mention anything about that in the guide. Feel like those chaos shooters in temples would be extra scary for this build.

Thanks!

These two take care of it. Incursions were super rough until I just got this flask. Hit the CI flask then immediately hit your panicked life flask. Lasts a long time too. I usually keep it up all the time.
Last edited by breadbucket on Jun 25, 2018, 1:56:39 AM
"
Kerkain wrote:
Hey there! First "real" summoner build I've tried so I'm a complete noob when it comes to the mechanics and learning a lot.

Your leveling section is fantastic and I've been trying to follow it to a T, only recommendation I'd make would be what skills to be using while doing so and when to slot what. Doing my best to make something up (SRS, Zombies, Specters and Skeletons (totems so I can spam SRS), but I'm sure my guessing/lack of knowledge is slowing progression down a lot.

I'm lvl 39 as of writing this so TONS of improvement ahead but should I be putting in the links as they come available or wait until later?

Currency wise I only have about an exalt and a half to invest. Picked up the Anima, Might and two Harmonies, looking for a chest.

Leveling as hybrid golemancer, you have actually 2 choices imho:
- either use SRS (best option I think) until you feel comfortable with golems + spectre (+zombies)
- use any skill, rely more on zombies and switch to golem + spectres as soon as possible.
When you can, switch to clayshaper for an extra golem, and with ascendancy, it's even easier to clear the leveling phase.

@mika: a nice leveling spectre is also the "sanguine sister" (act5, torched court) that are (in my opinion) far above other spectres for the leveling phase (SG are better once in map): their magma balls are just impressive in damages.

"
breadbucket wrote:
"
tavi2530 wrote:
How does this build deal with Chaos damage with no CI or Shav? Don't see you mention anything about that in the guide. Feel like those chaos shooters in temples would be extra scary for this build.

Thanks!

These two take care of it. Incursions were super rough until I just got this flask. Hit the CI flask then immediately hit your panicked life flask. Lasts a long time too. I usually keep it up all the time.

Actually, i've managed to "bypass" this issue (as an elementalist) by having 75% Chaos res + a stone golem: i never have to use any health potion in incursion since then.
Having good Chaos res (30+) will lower a lot the incoming damage from incursion.

You can also upgrade your lunaris god, to have more chance avoiding projectiles (which are the main chaos damage in incursions), and use Shakari for the 5% reduced chaos damage you take.

If you still feel like you are too squishy, try the Coruscating Elixir flask, or switch to shav (this will lower your dps a little, but tbh, you won't see the difference if you are a necro using TV)
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
Never tough about Coruscating Elixir this will litterally save me until i have presence amullet. Thanks for that.

I was almost one shot at hi level incursion.

Also i switched from Vertex helm to this helmet
it does more dps however' vertex give me almost 1000 shield and 30% chaos resist. I'm not sure at all its worth it. I may need to revert to Vertex and take a big dext node to keep vaal haste at max level.
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Jun 25, 2018, 11:56:12 AM
Could someone check my character and tell me what to fix, because my golems are constantly dying at t15-16 maps (incursion is almost unclearable). Worth to mention is that spectres are totally fine. My profile is public.
"
Dreddster wrote:
thanks buddy, I got couple of questions:

1. Just to understand properly - we apply elemental weakness with the animate guardian to ensure boss has it if we are standing too far away, correct? Otherwise the Elemental weakness we apply is stronger.

2. "When linked with "Melee splash" -Gem, Animate Guardian will apply the curse for multiple enemies at once instead of only 1 target." - sorry, how does this part work?

Hello :)

1)
Yep, Ele Weak curse on gloves is just to apply weaker Ele Weak when boss is outside of main curses range. It's optional and nice min-maxing tech but can easily be replaced by southbounds.

2)
There is curruption that adds "melee splash" to Clayshaper. Seems like it has become legacy in 3.3.0. It can still be found on standard with :

http://poe.trade/search/oyarimgogodozu

When Animate Guardian is linked to corrupt Clayshaper it will get Melee Splash for free.

"
Love it! Thx for a very good guide aswell! cheers

Thanks for support!

I'll do my best improving the guide ^^

"

"
Leveling as hybrid golemancer, you have actually 2 choices imho:
- either use SRS (best option I think) until you feel comfortable with golems + spectre (+zombies)
- use any skill, rely more on zombies and switch to golem + spectres as soon as possible.
When you can, switch to clayshaper for an extra golem, and with ascendancy, it's even easier to clear the leveling phase.

@mika: a nice leveling spectre is also the "sanguine sister" (act5, torched court) that are (in my opinion) far above other spectres for the leveling phase (SG are better once in map): their magma balls are just impressive in damages.

Thanks for support ^^

I would add good leveling skills but all that I have tried feel weak. SRS seems to be best option with beefy zombies. Luckily Specters join the party pretty early and first areas can be leveled using almost any spell.

Some players insert gems as they come, but that can be pretty hard at start of league when there are no 3-4 link items available. You can get most of gems later when you get free sockets but i would recommend running at least Spec / Golems in 5-6 link asap and Temp Chain -> Blasphemy.

Thanks for tip, I'll try sanguine sisters later :)

"
I am so confused. I got all the reduced mana reservation nodes required in passive tree. I have all my occultist ascendancies. But I don't have enough mana to reserve discipline as well as temp chains and flammability without going over 100% if they are supported by enhance because enhance adds more percent reserved. Am i missing something?

Hi :)

You are missing "Leadership" node and its 4% reduced mana earlier. This will let you run all auras together.

"

"
Actually, i've managed to "bypass" this issue (as an elementalist) by having 75% Chaos res + a stone golem: i never have to use any health potion in incursion since then.
Having good Chaos res (30+) will lower a lot the incoming damage from incursion.

You can also upgrade your lunaris god, to have more chance avoiding projectiles (which are the main chaos damage in incursions), and use Shakari for the 5% reduced chaos damage you take.

If you still feel like you are too squishy, try the Coruscating Elixir flask, or switch to shav (this will lower your dps a little, but tbh, you won't see the difference if you are a necro using TV)

"
Never tough about Coruscating Elixir this will litterally save me until i have presence amullet. Thanks for that.

I was almost one shot at hi level incursion.

Also i switched from Vertex helm to this helmet

Verified
it does more dps however' vertex give me almost 1000 shield and 30% chaos resist. I'm not sure at all its worth it. I may need to revert to Vertex and take a big dext node to keep vaal haste at max level.

Hi :)

I have been hearing lots of good about the flask combo. I almost maxed my chaos res early on, so haven't really had chance to test them but i'll mention them later if someone asks about chaos damage.

Both Vertex and pseudo 6-link are very nice. I recommend upgrading the 6-link to at least 100+ ES version as soon as you can if you can find one. They are usually 10-30c piece. Vertex lowers TVs damage but is great place to put curses in while you might not have +1 Bones of Ullrs.

"
Could someone check my character and tell me what to fix, because my golems are constantly dying at t15-16 maps (incursion is almost unclearable). Worth to mention is that spectres are totally fine. My profile is public.

Hey :)

You have pretty good setup and Golems should be pretty beefy at this point. One of the reasons they are dying might be that their elemental resistances are not capped. They have atm :

- 40% base res
- 16% ele res from herd of the flock
- 20% ele res from Commander of Darknes

However when they are outside of your aura radius their res are only 56% which is dangerously low. You can try inserting 1-2 rare jewels with 10% ele res for minions, most preferrably in belt to get 15% per jewel. Specters are doing fine most likely as their ele res is capped thanks to "minion ele res support"

You are also missing 1% minion regen node near "Death Attunement"

Swapping Flesh Offering to Bone Offering will really increase Golems survival in Incursions.

You can also try vaal skeletons as 1-link gem or link them to :
Storm Burst -> Cast when Channeling -> Vaal Skels -> Blind.
If you use them even as 1-link, clear map until vaal skels are full. Then immediately as you enter map, fire them up. They give guge distracion to mobs and lower your and other minions aggro.

You might not need all listed defenses, but try to find balance between them ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jun 25, 2018, 2:25:52 PM
Hey, guys, maybe it has already been asked before, but id be glad if someone could clarify it for me. Im gonna use Flame golems just for single target dps, so the question is: can flame golem's skill shotgun? If so gmp/lmp seems to be a must, but if no id betetr use empower. My links would be: SFG - Ele focus - Minion damage - Spell echo - GMP/LMP or Empower? Thanks in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info