[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
hyperion1984 wrote:
Why do drop the raise spectre gem when you get to end-game? Wouldn't giving up one 50% more multiplier on your golems be worth it to bring 2 or 3 spectres with you?

Hey :)

Spectres HP and damage is related to area level that they are raised from.

Merciless act3 Spectres (level 68) will last till map tier 12-13, but will melt in boss fights and their damage will be lower than high level Golems.

If you raise Specters from Shapers Realm (level 84) the Spectres will have double or triple damage and HP. They are literally immortal and are way better than any Golems in the game.

Problem is that you can't save the specters between sessions. You have to get them from high level maps, for them to be useful. If GGG creates a way for 3.0 to save Specters between sessions, I will gladly run 2-3x level 84 specters with my 4x Golems. Before that I think Spectres take too much work to raise for their value.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jul 6, 2017, 8:21:30 AM
I love how you linked a Victario's Charity followed by the words "Explained later in guide".

Am I missing something? I read the whole guide and almost every comment. Victarios charity is never mentioned again in your post other then the first time you linked it under "Gear".

This is confusing to me because you do not pick up necro aegis. so why use that shield?
I am also looking at your updated guide - why do you have points in Whisphers of Doom if you are only running temp chains? Where is your second curse?
"
mateng wrote:
I love how you linked a Victario's Charity followed by the words "Explained later in guide".

Am I missing something? I read the whole guide and almost every comment. Victarios charity is never mentioned again in your post other then the first time you linked it under "Gear".

This is confusing to me because you do not pick up necro aegis. so why use that shield?

I fixed the text at Victarios Charity. It's explained later in "Skills, Tricks and Boss killing -> Gear & Skills Explained" but it was not very clear.

Necro Aegis should be taken in final skill trees at level when shield can be equipped. Which skill tree did you not find it taken?

"
dsata wrote:

I am also looking at your updated guide - why do you have points in Whisphers of Doom if you are only running temp chains? Where is your second curse?

Hi,

Whispers of Doom is taken as I use Animate Guardian to apply second curse. Links on boots are :

AG -> Empower/Fortify -> Minion life -> Melee splash

I also equipped AG with rare vaaled gloves which have "Curse enemies with Elemental Weakness on hit" corrupt. So when AG hits one enemy, melee splash makes AG curse big area of enemies with "Elemental Weakness".

I have been testing this config and it has been working very reliably. I'll add it to core guide when 3.0 comes out or bit earlier.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Jul 9, 2017, 8:26:46 PM
Hey! I checked your build and i looove it! However i have one concern: i dont wanna run zombie/spectre configuration. I want to start leveling with golems as soon as i can. So my question is: can i start using golems at level 38-40 if i have all the needed jewells (anima stone, might, etc.)?
"
Hey! I checked your build and i looove it! However i have one concern: i dont wanna run zombie/spectre configuration. I want to start leveling with golems as soon as i can. So my question is: can i start using golems at level 38-40 if i have all the needed jewells (anima stone, might, etc.)?

Hello and thanks for support :)

Most of the stuff in guide is for new players to understand how summoner works in general and to build maybe first character in league fast and for relatively cheap. If you have currency needed for Anima Stone and other endgame items, you can skip most of earlier skill trees and aim straight for final skill tree.

Golems are great at level 40 if you have five-six link to put them in and can summon all 4 out. I would skip both specters and zombies and focus on either getting six link for Golems or extra level with five link Infernal Mantle if good six link is not possible. Animate Guardian is very important for the build and I would try to get its level up as fast as possible.

BUILD UPDATE

I have been testing both CI and non-CI config and with six skill points taken from utility nodes (Skill duration and minion block chance) in ES nodes, build can get almost as much ES than before CI / Discipline nerf.

CI is very good as build can use any amulet / rings as there is no need to worry about chaos resistance. Kiaras determination helps with stuns and if ES is still over 8-9k after 3.0 is out, CI is still great for build.

One possible solution to Discipline nerf is to craft "unset ring" with plus 3 level on socketed gem and res / str / dex or just use "Pariah" ring and put discipline there. This way discipline level 20 would be level 22-23 and helps to compensate for amount nerf.

Plus
- Chaos damage is not a problem
- Can use any amulet, rings, belt, gloves as no need to cap chaos resistance with gear.

Minus
- No "more ES" multiplier (can almost be fixed with taking more ES nodes)
- No Stun immunity (Needs Kiara's Determination)

Non-CI version has greater EHP and stun immunity with Presence Of chayula and can cap chaos resistance very easy. Build is already using Vertex and Beacon of Corruption, which both give good chaos resistance. "Purity of flesh" life nodes and amulet / rings with chaos resistance cap Chaos resistance even without Presence of Chayula. I have tested most of t14-16 with this config and only noticable damage that went through ES was chaos snakes projectiles during Guardian of Chimera boss fight. 2k hp was enough buffer to easily take flask and kite with lowered aggro until the boss snake died.

Plus
- Most monsters don't have much chaos damage
- Chaos damage is not that bad if you can get over plus 20-40% chaos resistance
- Stun immunity with presence of Chayula (Very powerful but very expensive)
- More EHP than CI build

Minus
- Must have Instant heal flask for spiky chaos damage
- Stacking chaos resistance with gear can be tricky
- Non Presence of Chayula build has no Stun immunity and less EHP
- Bit less minion movement speed if using Presence of Chayula over rare amulet with minion movement speed bonus

I'm propably making Skill trees for both for 3.0 as both sees very good. Preference and gear is mostly the factor that decides which one works better. I'm also doing big cleanup for the guide for 3.0 so all feedback on errors or improvements on guide is very welcome :)
Last edited by mika2salo on Jul 10, 2017, 10:12:08 AM
Thanks for the quick and helpful answer! Keep the great work up :)!
Playing this build in beta, got my hands on a couple of jewels, pretty fun so far. Looking forward to future updates of the build for 3.0
I'm looking forward for a 3.0 update on this build as well. Especially interested in a life based variant with MoM. I wonder if that's feasible, or the reservation requirements for Commander of Darkness would not leave too much room for mana to act as a health buffer.
Last edited by Greenocide on Jul 20, 2017, 3:49:54 AM
"
strebbe wrote:
Playing this build in beta, got my hands on a couple of jewels, pretty fun so far. Looking forward to future updates of the build for 3.0

Thank you for the interest :)

"
Greenocide wrote:
I'm looking forward for a 3.0 update on this build as well. Especially interested in a life based variant with MoM. I wonder if that's feasible, or the reservation requirements for Commander of Darkness would not leave too much room for mana to act as a health buffer.

I'm most likely converting the build for hybrid. With existing gear build has already very high Chaos resistance, so almost capping it is not very hard.

I have finally gotten my hand on Skin of The Loyal and my stats with different armors are :

Skill tree :
https://tinyurl.com/yab99g26

HP : 1977
ES : 8700
Fire res : 75%(153%)
Cold res : 75%(157%)
Lightning res : 75%(153%)
Chaos res : 69%(129%)
Cannot be stunned

HP : 1977
ES : 9433
Fire res : 75%(153%)
Cold res : 75%(157%)
Lightning res : 75%(153%)
Chaos res : 69%(129%)
Cannot be stunned

Skin of the Loyal is extremely good armour for the build even if not absolutely best one. It costs only fraction of the +1 level corrupted Infernal Mantle. Of course its better later when rest of the gear has high ES to boost.

Difference on Energy shield is very small and I can use MOM for almost 400 extra EHP or more by taking nodes behind it.

UPDATE

I have very good news. I finally got myself beta key!
VERY generous build follower decided to donate me a key. (Thank you m8 ^^)

I will be grinding fast & furious to test changes in beta to make 3.0 experience as smooth as ever. Guide will be changing somewhat in next weeks as I'm hitting 50k char post limit and I have to rewrite lots of existing stuff to make it shorter for new additions.
Last edited by mika2salo on Jul 20, 2017, 2:42:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info