[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
ziumbala wrote:
Is it possible to make it with Elementalist ascendancy? Some kind of hybrid.

Hey :)

Right now Elemetalist is strong choise for Necromancer.

You can free Minion block nodes after Necromantic aegis as Golems will be immune to elemental damage and don't need so much block. You can also free Skill effect duration nodes, as you wont get effects of Offerings for yourself. It's more useful to take more ES nodes from tree as you can't use Offerings for extra protection for yourself.

Skill trees are almost identical otherwise as Summoner skill tree with multiple jewels is pretty much universal. Dual Clayshapers are possible if you want to focus on farming, or run high ES shield instead of Necromantic Aegis if you want to tank more at cost of minion damage.

After 3.0 ES nerf I think Necromancer will be stronger choice with Bone Offer block chance as extra defense, but its very cheap to respec after patch if needed.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jun 7, 2017, 7:21:20 PM
One Question: Why do you still have raise Zombies in your gear, even as you NEVER use it (at least in your videos i never saw any zombies!)

The slot could be probably used for something other?! Dunno, probably as the zombies dies to fast?
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
One Question: Why do you still have raise Zombies in your gear, even as you NEVER use it (at least in your videos i never saw any zombies!)

The slot could be probably used for something other?! Dunno, probably as the zombies dies to fast?

Hi :)

The Raise zombie is still linked to build as 2 red and 2 blue are easier to get on corrupt boots than 3 red 1 blue needed for better config. Zombies also provide extra protection for leveling as meatshields. I'm going to update links for endgame config alternative in few days.

My current config is 3 red and 1 blue in boots. I also have taken "Whispers of Doom" for dual curse. My AG has gloves with "curse with Elemental Weakness on hit" rare gloves.

I use for mapping :
AG -> Empower -> Minion life -> Melee splash

for Guardian / shaper level boss fights :
AG -> Empower -> Minion life -> Fortify

With Whispers of doom taken I can dual curse, but I don't have to be the one applying the second curse. When AG hits enemy, it applies "Elemental Weakness" for -31% resistance reduction. I don't need to reserve mana or spam any skill to apply extra curse myself.

Melee Splash makes AGs hit apply curse to whole pack of enemies at once. In boss fight when only one enemy must be cursed, fortify lets my lvl 27 AG tank shaper laser with "Kaltensoul" shield bonuses from Necromantic Aegis with ease.

You can check my skill tree for changes needed for Whispers of Doom. Most of my gear is temporarily on my side project atm.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Jun 12, 2017, 6:49:15 PM
Hey mika, thanks again for your build for 2.6 season i had a lot of fun with, wanted to know if you had for project to upgrade this build for 3.0 ?

Am starting on something other for starting season, (cause this necro build was for pimps ;D tons of EX)

but i'd like t play golem again for endgame, necromancer or maybe elementalist ? still havent tried it yet ;)

Thx cya
"
Mydgard6 wrote:

i found zombies pretty useless too. i switched zombies with vaal discipline for heal on demand.
"
kami_koi wrote:
Hey mika, thanks again for your build for 2.6 season i had a lot of fun with, wanted to know if you had for project to upgrade this build for 3.0 ?

Am starting on something other for starting season, (cause this necro build was for pimps ;D tons of EX)

but i'd like t play golem again for endgame, necromancer or maybe elementalist ? still havent tried it yet ;)

Thx cya

"
i found zombies pretty useless too. i switched zombies with vaal discipline for heal on demand.

Hey :)

Thanks for support! I checked your character and you seem to be doing good in league. Im already updating build to 3.0, but I don't have key to beta. I'm testing build in standard and reading beta feedback from forums.

GGG is too nerf happy with ES and CI will most likely we worthless. Its easy to cap chaos res with few gear changes and be hybrid with same EHP as before. I can get 10k EHP with almost 0 life on my gear and even chaos heavy maps don't feel very hard. I dropped CI, Zealots Oath and changed ammy and 1 ring to

Now the build cannot be stunned which was main reason for desync deaths. Vertex already gave almost 30% Chaos res, so capping rest of chaos res was quite easy.

I received feedback for several build makers that cost is quite high after zookeeper phase. Build may not be best league start build if not wanting to play zookeeper for week to collect enough currency for Anima. I must mention it somewhere in guide.

Zombies really are pretty bad after leveling is done and they start to melt in higher level maps. 4Th link on AG can be used freely. It can be Convocation for defence, Fortify to make AG tank all bosses , Melee splash to make AG curse on hit or even some movement skill.

Necromancer seems as strong as ever as we get more benefit from block chance after ES nerf. Denial will be much better as its harder to just stack ES to 10-13k. Elementalist is strong if Golems will keep Elemental Immunity but defense will suck even more after ES nerf.

New interesting addition is Scion. Ascendancys nodes will be buffed and Elementalist node will be great as it will give extra Golem. other viable classes to select with it are :

RAIDER
- 10% permantent Movement Speed
- 20% Movement speed with 3x Frenzy charges as you get Onslaught
- 4% to dodge attacks

Almost permanent 30% movement speed is great for fast farming. Minions generate Frenzy Charges super fast so Onslaught is almost permanently on.

GUARDIAN
- 25% less effect of curses on you
- You and minions get 10% attack / cast speed
- You and minions get 5% additional block chance

Good offensive / defensive class that makes running TC maps less frustrating. Helps to cap block even without legacy Rumis flask.

You will get updates here as testing for 3.0 will go on and we get more info about changes ;)
Last edited by mika2salo on Jun 16, 2017, 1:56:14 PM
Got another starting question ;)

Never played golemancer before so a curious question, sure i can find out by myself, but would be helpful for future planning (i am still lvl 32 yet):

Normal Char has 1 Golem, with Anima Stone i can have 2, with clayshaper i have 3 of em, if i use 3 primordial jewels i will have another one = 4 ...

But now my question: If i have 6 primordial jewels beneath anima stone, will i have 5 golems or still just 4, as this isn't additive?

Thx

Mydgard

PS: @mikasalo: As ES will be nerfed soon, should i probably build it up without ES?!
Last edited by Mydgard6 on Jun 16, 2017, 6:37:30 PM
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
Got another starting question ;)

Never played golemancer before so a curious question, sure i can find out by myself, but would be helpful for future planning (i am still lvl 32 yet):

Normal Char has 1 Golem, with Anima Stone i can have 2, with clayshaper i have 3 of em, if i use 3 primordial jewels i will have another one = 4 ...

But now my question: If i have 6 primordial jewels beneath anima stone, will i have 5 golems or still just 4, as this isn't additive?

Thx

Mydgard

PS: @mikasalo: As ES will be nerfed soon, should i probably build it up without ES?!

Hi :)

Hope you have great time doing Golemancer! Necromancer class in general is pretty tricky to learn but gives one of best Poe experiences in the end ihmo.

You got the 4 golems exactly right. The Anima Stone is true / false based so its not additive. It checks of you have at least 4 Primordial jewels in total and then gives you one extra Golem. Only ways to get 5-6 Golems are either to wield 2x Clayshapers or use Elementalist instead of Necomancer.

ES is still best defense and should be used with CI until 3.0 is out. There is still (minimal) hope that GGG decides to balance CI at the end of beta and players can use it without Vaal Pact. Build guide is good till 3.0 comes out and will change very little after it.
"
mika2salo wrote:

You got the 4 golems exactly right. The Anima Stone is true / false based so its not additive. It checks of you have at least 4 Primordial jewels in total and then gives you one extra Golem. Only ways to get 5-6 Golems are either to wield 2x Clayshapers or use Elementalist instead of Necomancer.

So to clarify there is no difference in golem number overall if i have 3 primordial jewels or 6 or even 9 probably ... so stacking primordial harmony's will let them only regenerate life faster / increased cd etc.?!

PS: No golemancer yet as i stopped playing at lvl 33 ;) so no golem yet ;)

PPS: As i am not rich in poe i'm not sure what i can use later on ... so i am not sure if i will have enough orbs to get an infernal mantle with 6 links + corrupted ... if i don't use em, i can probably avoid useing sovereignty (less mana reserve)?
My highest char ever was lvl 87, so i thinking which points i can save :)

BTW as i cant find out: has skin of the loyal any level requirments?
Last edited by Mydgard6 on Jun 16, 2017, 10:55:47 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:

Playing As Golemancer

Best place to position character is on the opposite side of pack / boss while minions and Spell Totem are on the other side leaving boss in the middle. Try to stay so close to boss that Temporal Chains affects it, but not too close to get hit by big area of effect hits :
(You) <-> (Boss) [Temporal Chains range] <-> (Minions / Spell Totem)

Golems are very tough minions and very rarely die during boss fights. They have great damage but boss fights tend to feel long as flasks can’t be used to replenish hit points so there can be many low hit point stages during the fight. Its important to move all the time during the boss fight as it drops chance to get hit by charge attacks, and to rely on block flasks when feeling bigger threat. Flasks can be recharged by visiting hideout during longer fights, so block can be kept up most of the time.

Good work on your guide. On this point in particular though, I think you offer good general information, but you may want to add that the positioning diagram doesn't apply to all golems. Ice and Stone Golems often do a Whirling Blade-esque attack that has them going all over the place, potentially pulling hate in your direction. Chaos Golems can also be a little antsy with their movement.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info