[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Hi just wanna say im new to POE and used this built as my first character. Im having a blast playing this and already poured 60+ hours in the game. Thank you very much for this build and is very excited to see an updated one for 3.0
"
mika2salo wrote:

[...]
Necromancer seems as strong as ever as we get more benefit from block chance after ES nerf. Denial will be much better as its harder to just stack ES to 10-13k. Elementalist is strong if Golems will keep Elemental Immunity but defense will suck even more after ES nerf.

New interesting addition is Scion. Ascendancys nodes will be buffed and Elementalist node will be great as it will give extra Golem. other viable classes to select with it are :

RAIDER
- 10% permantent Movement Speed
- 20% Movement speed with 3x Frenzy charges as you get Onslaught
- 4% to dodge attacks

Almost permanent 30% movement speed is great for fast farming. Minions generate Frenzy Charges super fast so Onslaught is almost permanently on.

GUARDIAN
- 25% less effect of curses on you
- You and minions get 10% attack / cast speed
- You and minions get 5% additional block chance

Good offensive / defensive class that makes running TC maps less frustrating. Helps to cap block even without legacy Rumis flask.

You will get updates here as testing for 3.0 will go on and we get more info about changes ;)

I like how you try to find every possibilities to get theese golems High ;)

What do you think about Hybrid build, Energy Shield + Mom + Eldritch Battery ? (ES on Mana)
I Guess it's the only way to use MoM with auras.

3.0 looks to be the Mind over Matter comeback,,
Last edited by kami_koi on Jun 17, 2017, 3:12:30 AM
"
kami_koi wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:

[...]
Necromancer seems as strong as ever as we get more benefit from block chance after ES nerf. Denial will be much better as its harder to just stack ES to 10-13k. Elementalist is strong if Golems will keep Elemental Immunity but defense will suck even more after ES nerf.

New interesting addition is Scion. Ascendancys nodes will be buffed and Elementalist node will be great as it will give extra Golem. other viable classes to select with it are :

RAIDER
- 10% permantent Movement Speed
- 20% Movement speed with 3x Frenzy charges as you get Onslaught
- 4% to dodge attacks

Almost permanent 30% movement speed is great for fast farming. Minions generate Frenzy Charges super fast so Onslaught is almost permanently on.

GUARDIAN
- 25% less effect of curses on you
- You and minions get 10% attack / cast speed
- You and minions get 5% additional block chance

Good offensive / defensive class that makes running TC maps less frustrating. Helps to cap block even without legacy Rumis flask.

You will get updates here as testing for 3.0 will go on and we get more info about changes ;)

I like how you try to find every possibilities to get theese golems High ;)

What do you think about Hybrid build, Energy Shield + Mom + Eldritch Battery ? (ES on Mana)
I Guess it's the only way to use MoM with auras.

3.0 looks to be the Mind over Matter comeback,,

Thanks, always trying to find improvements for build :)

MOM is definitely looking strong. I'm thinking if its worth sacrificing high ES and +1 level from Infernal Mantle for MOM in more defensive setup. Problem is that build is not casting actively, so extra mana gives very little benefit as EHP and +1 curse like enfeeble might be better.

I have used MOM + EB config earlier, but it need to get life / es ratio to about 60/40% to be useful. Life needs to be around 6k to be really good buffer so gear would have to be changed heavily for life based. Might be worth try as its possible but would need lots of work.

"
Ericson4292 wrote:

Hi just wanna say im new to POE and used this built as my first character. Im having a blast playing this and already poured 60+ hours in the game. Thank you very much for this build and is very excited to see an updated one for 3.0

Hi and thanks for support :)

Upgrading build all the time as I get new info about changes. Hope you can enjoy it after 3.0 is out.

"
tomatopotato wrote:
Good work on your guide. On this point in particular though, I think you offer good general information, but you may want to add that the positioning diagram doesn't apply to all golems. Ice and Stone Golems often do a Whirling Blade-esque attack that has them going all over the place, potentially pulling hate in your direction. Chaos Golems can also be a little antsy with their movement.

Hey and thanks for support :)

It's true that Flame Golems are only golems that benefit from this type of positioning. Rest of them are pretty much all over the place and hard to position. This is "Flame Golem 101" so maybe not many players seek info about other Golems but added info that positioning works only with Flame Golems to the guide.

"
Mydgard6 wrote:
So to clarify there is no difference in golem number overall if i have 3 primordial jewels or 6 or even 9 probably ... so stacking primordial harmony's will let them only regenerate life faster / increased cd etc.?!

PS: No golemancer yet as i stopped playing at lvl 33 ;) so no golem yet ;)

PPS: As i am not rich in poe i'm not sure what i can use later on ... so i am not sure if i will have enough orbs to get an infernal mantle with 6 links + corrupted ... if i don't use em, i can probably avoid useing sovereignty (less mana reserve)?
My highest char ever was lvl 87, so i thinking which points i can save :)

BTW as i cant find out: has skin of the loyal any level requirments?

Stacking Primordial Harmony's gives Golems 2% regen which is huge and more damage. They are one of the most OP jewels in the game and worth stacking as they make Golems almost immortal even without giving more Golems in the process.

The +1 corrupt Infernal Mantle is really like adding extra wax for the sport car. All content is doable with normal 6 linked Infernal Mantle or Skin of the Loyal which are pretty cheap options. Build farms currency pretty fast as you can run any map mod, so its possible to trade +1 Mantle in reasonable time if you want to commit to this build.

Skin of the Loyal doesn't have level requirements and can be used from start to finish in mapping.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jun 18, 2017, 1:17:10 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:

"
tomatopotato wrote:
Good work on your guide. On this point in particular though, I think you offer good general information, but you may want to add that the positioning diagram doesn't apply to all golems. Ice and Stone Golems often do a Whirling Blade-esque attack that has them going all over the place, potentially pulling hate in your direction. Chaos Golems can also be a little antsy with their movement.

It's true that Flame Golems are only golems that benefit from this type of positioning. Rest of them are pretty much all over the place and hard to position. This is "Flame Golem 101" so maybe not many players seek info about other Golems but added info that positioning works only with Flame Golems to the guide.

Ah, I thought maybe you were also providing tips for golem builds in general since the build title also says "Complete Guide To Golemancy". A lot of the stuff in your tips secion can definitely be applied to non-Flame Golem builds.

By the way, Lightning Golems would probably be more compatible with your positioning diagram than Flame Golems. LG literally have zero melee abilities and have a tendency to stay put more I think.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Question: Have some problems with the fps with this build, my fps sometimes dropps to zero for a second ...

Will that be better later on if i drop the zombies later on? Or should i stick with arc instead of ball lightning, even if ball lightning hits more enemies? but 4-5 flash energy balls will also be additional things to show on screen ...

My CPU (Xeon 1230v3, 4 cores 8 threads) is never over 30% for one thread, my gpu r9 270x is also never over 70% ... game is installed @ samsung 840 evo (ssd).

Any ideas/hints what i can do? Sure, actually i am only @ act 2 merciless, but later on in mapping it won't be helpful if i can't react ...
Last edited by Mydgard6 on Jun 25, 2017, 6:04:12 PM
"
tomatopotato wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:

"
tomatopotato wrote:

Ah, I thought maybe you were also providing tips for golem builds in general since the build title also says "Complete Guide To Golemancy". A lot of the stuff in your tips secion can definitely be applied to non-Flame Golem builds.

By the way, Lightning Golems would probably be more compatible with your positioning diagram than Flame Golems. LG literally have zero melee abilities and have a tendency to stay put more I think.

True that most of stuff is usable for other Golems, but I haven't tested rest of the Golems as much. More accurate name could be :

"[2.6] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Flame Golemancy, All Bosses Down, High DPS & Defense"

Might update it when 3.0 is out and I upgrade guide :P

I always thought that Lightning Golems had roll attack, but apparently they don't. Thanks for the tip. I checked videos of Lightning Golems attacks with GMP and they really spam the projectiles, but don't have any area on them. They might work good on boss fights, but trash clearing is worse than with Flame Golems. Might test them if i get +1 level Armor that can socket them.

"
Mydgard6 wrote:

Question: Have some problems with the fps with this build, my fps sometimes dropps to zero for a second ...

Will that be better later on if i drop the zombies later on? Or should i stick with arc instead of ball lightning, even if ball lightning hits more enemies? but 4-5 flash energy balls will also be additional things to show on screen ...

My CPU (Xeon 1230v3, 4 cores 8 threads) is never over 30% for one thread, my gpu r9 270x is also never over 70% ... game is installed @ samsung 840 evo (ssd).

Any ideas/hints what i can do? Sure, actually i am only @ act 2 merciless, but later on in mapping it won't be helpful if i can't react ...

Hey :)

There are 2 things that might eat fps with this build.

1) Number of projectiles on air

Golems spam out a lot of projectiles at same time, but they don't cause lag yet. Problem is the Ball Lightning that adds even more projectiles on air and breaks the lag point. If you want more FPS and don't use Ball Lightning on every white pack, you can change

Spell Totem -> Ball Lightning -> GMP
to
Spell Totem -> Arc -> Faster Casting

Arc launches only single projectile and is very fps friendly skill. It doesn't spread EE very far but wont cause 10-20 fps drops.

2) Charges on minions and number of minion that have them

GGG dropped charge generating on maps for monsters as it causes lots of load to server. With just Golems and AG out, charges don't cause any fps drops. Zombies might be pushing the limit especially with Ball Lightning out.

You can always link boots :
AG -> Empower/Fortify -> Minion life -> Melee splash
to give AG mass curse ability.

If you use "Asenath's Gentle Touch" gloves on AG, you don't need changes in passive tree.

If you decide you want another curse, take "Whispers Of Doom" from the passive skill tree for extra curse and equip AG with any corrupt gloves that has "Curse enemies with Elemental Wekaness on hit" line.

Btw. Original SSD EVO 840 firmware has nasty bug where it slows over time. Make sure to update to newest firmware as Samsung has fixed the problems.

You can also try taking Engine Multi-threading off, change directX version and lower shadow quality. All have caused problems on the past are first things to try if game is causing problems.

Poe 3.0 will have major performance increase, so it should remove any lag there might be.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Jun 26, 2017, 8:19:35 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:
True that most of stuff is usable for other Golems, but I haven't tested rest of the Golems as much. More accurate name could be :

"[2.6] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Flame Golemancy, All Bosses Down, High DPS & Defense"

I always thought that Lightning Golems had roll attack, but apparently they don't. Thanks for the tip. I checked videos of Lightning Golems attacks with GMP and they really spam the projectiles, but don't have any area on them. They might work good on boss fights, but trash clearing is worse than with Flame Golems. Might test them if i get +1 level Armor that can socket them.

Well my nitpicking aside, you've clearly put a lot of extra effort into explaining stuff in your guide that I'm sure has helped a lot of players.

Perhaps you're referring to Woolfio's video? Yeah, I saw them too. I like his content, but the golem testing videos were not good. The projectile is not a great ability. Also, the tests weren't controlled well and they also make it seem like Lightning Golems suck. They're actually pretty good for a non-meta build. Not the best mappers, but decent at bossing. Trash clearing is definitely not on par with Flame Golems, but still good enough I think, even on Shaper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H_kWwt6VSs&feature=youtu.be&t=2m2s
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Jun 27, 2017, 7:37:25 AM
@mika2salo Way better with arc but still sometimes framedrops ... but yes, still uses zombies ... will also do that for some time ... even as i try to reach act 4 merciless before i put some effort into gearing up :) Oh and will have to do cruel lab as well ;) (hate lab ^^)
"
tomatopotato wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:

Well my nitpicking aside, you've clearly put a lot of extra effort into explaining stuff in your guide that I'm sure has helped a lot of players.

Perhaps you're referring to Woolfio's video? Yeah, I saw them too. I like his content, but the golem testing videos were not good. The projectile is not a great ability. Also, the tests weren't controlled well and they also make it seem like Lightning Golems suck. They're actually pretty good for a non-meta build. Not the best mappers, but decent at bossing. Trash clearing is definitely not on par with Flame Golems, but still good enough I think, even on Shaper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H_kWwt6VSs&feature=youtu.be&t=2m2s

Thanks, I believe it's best to explain in details as there are not that many good Necromancer guides out and I get mostly advanced questions as PMs as most of basic stuff is explained in guide or thread :)

I have seen both Wolfio's video and the one you linked. Most Golems can have even better single target damage than Flame Golems. I have tested both Stone and Chaos Golems with poison and both kill guardians very fast. The problem is finding chest piece that would give +1 extra level like Infernal Mantle does, and how well other Golems would clear packs in maps. In normal t15 maps both Stone and Chaos Golems have very low clear speed.

"
Mydgard6 wrote:
@mika2salo Way better with arc but still sometimes framedrops ... but yes, still uses zombies ... will also do that for some time ... even as i try to reach act 4 merciless before i put some effort into gearing up :) Oh and will have to do cruel lab as well ;) (hate lab ^^)

Good to hear it helped :)

Labs are not that bad with Golems drawing all aggro. Just use "Lightning Warp" in lab to move past traps. Izaro is pretty easy with TC and Golems drawing all aggro. Just run around him near enough for TC to affect him, and the green projectiles won't hit you.

BUILD UPDATE

I have changed the skill tree, amulet and rings to test 3.0 changes in defenses.

I dropped CI and few utility nodes and focused on getting more life and ES + Chaos resistance. More budget version to "Presence Of Chayula" amulet is to use rare rings + amulet with high chaos resitance and sacrifice some minion movement speed. Also stun immunity will be lost but can be fixed with "Kiara's Determination" flask.

With Changes I have :
9433 ES + 1977 HP = 11410 EHP,
152% Fire resistance,
156% Cold resistance,
152% Lightning resistance,
129% Chaos resistance,
Stun Immunity

Build feels tankier than ever and stun immunity makes 75% Temporal Chains even more ridiculous as I can't get stun locked. Discipline nerf will drop ES about 700 but EHP will still remain over 10k. With enough Chaos resistance already from "The Vertex" and "Beacon of Corruption", its easy to almost cap Chaos resitance with "Flesh Of Purity" life nodes and "Presence Of Chayula" amulet.

Current test tree for 2.6
https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAQcABzMAAIAEsw18EVAWbxcvGFYYahslHNwdFB2qHxgi9CSqKPotqC9vMtE1uTbpOVI8LUGHRARFR0ZxSVFJsUuuTLNNuVH7UilV1lXgV8lYB1haWpFca1-wZOdmVGaeaHRo8mqsa9tsC20Zb55wu3IPfRh_xoCkgseDCYNfg8yESITFhWCIQIx2jxqPRo_6kDOTJ5RvmK2boZu1oS-iAKaspwinK6h9qsSwd7GQtAy3Mbc-uJO-gL6KwGbBxcNtykrK08y8zRbQH9P718_YvdkT2VvaYt-K4YjjaukC6rrr7uwY74jv6_Af8NX31_k3-ej60v4K_kkN4hUnSI6MsZuKvk_Tj-yDAAAAAAA=

Current test tree for 3.0
https://poeplanner.com/AAgAAQcACDMAAIAEsw18EVAWbxcvGFYYahslHNwdFB2qHxgi9CSqKPotqC9vMtE26TlSPC1Bh0QERUdGcUlRSbFLrkyzTblR-1IpVdZV4FfJWAdYWlqRXGtfsGTnZlRmnmh0aPJqrGvbbAttGW-ecLtyD30Yf8aApILHgwmDX4PMhEiExYVgiECMdo8aj0aP-pAzkyeUb5itm6GbtaEvogCmrKcIpyuofarEsHexkLQMtzG3PriTvoC-isBmwcXDbcpKytPMvM0W0B_T-9fP2L3ZE9lb2mLfiuGI42rpAuq66-7sGO-I7-vwH_DV99f5N_no-tL-Cv5J7IoN4hUnSI6MsZuKvk_Tj-yDAAAAAAA=
Last edited by mika2salo on Jun 29, 2017, 12:31:50 PM
Why do drop the raise spectre gem when you get to end-game? Wouldn't giving up one 50% more multiplier on your golems be worth it to bring 2 or 3 spectres with you?
Last edited by hyperion1984 on Jul 5, 2017, 9:05:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info