[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
mika2salo wrote:
Hi :)
Vis can be problem if it starts killing Golems if boss fight. Maybe using Elementalist to get Elemental immune Golems with 4+1+1 mix and still using 5x Specs could work?

AG certainly is huge addon to damage. By adding it and increasing number of TVs you can go from fast kill boss to overkill. With dual Dyadus and Icetome it just needs lots of support gems to survive t16+ boss fights, so freeing slots for it is hard.

Mika,

So I went and tried elementalist for a weekend. I went with +1 SotL for 3 TVs & 4+1+1 Golems & level 28 AG (80k hp / 1k/s regen). Uber Elder is certainly doable, but it's tricky without more ES regen. The lack of mobility when using shield charge (because of clay shaper) combined with low %ms on bones of ullr make the fight challenging. The AG and spectres died because they didn't have the 2% regen from necro ascendancy.

It's a pretty messy run, but you can watch it here:
https://youtu.be/CJI198JLJr0

It's a lot smoother with vis mortis and 4 TVs & 2+1 Golems (fire & stone):
https://youtu.be/T5gH8QUThtw

I think a pure FG elementalist build will work, but it needs more es regen (watcher's eye, zealots oath, uber lab stone golem enchant, uber lab boot enchant). Also, it would probably need lightning warp instead of shield charge.
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Last edited by kayella on May 28, 2018, 1:43:27 PM
"
Ichinoez wrote:
Why does it say one variant is

"4x Flame Golems, 1x Ice Golem, 1x Lightning Golem, 2x Specters and 1x Animate Guardian"

but i'm able to have 3x spectres out? is there some changes to the skill tree if you use this variant? cuz i don't see one in the guide

sorry for noob question

Hello :)

If you use "Deaths Doors" boots for bleed immunity like in the variant, you cant summon 3rd Specter. However if you still use Bones of Ullr, you can still summon 3rd Specters. It's basically quality-of-life vs DPS, so both choices are good.

"
How do u deal with maps that have "Cant regen life mana and energyshield" ? just skip them ?

"
Use a mana flask... ?
Energy doesn't regenerate unless you have zealot's oath, but it has some kind of recovery which isn't affected. You already have a health flask, so all you need is to change one of your flask for a mana and you are good.

You can run every mods with that build, there's no reason to skip any, unless you are looking to avoid specific deadly mods combo because you are trying to go lvl 94+

Hi :)

If I want to use movement skill or EE (Elemental Equilibrium) skill, I use mana flask. If I get Desecrated ground, I just use HP flask from time to time. No regen maps are no problem for the build as it's not really actively casting anything.

I only tend to skip Temp Chains map and only because I think they are annoying. No mods should be reason to really skip the map.

"
Mika,

So I went and tried elementalist for a weekend. I went with +1 SotL for 3 TVs & 4+1+1 Golems & level 28 AG (80k hp / 1k/s regen). Uber Elder is certainly doable, but it's tricky without more ES regen. The lack of mobility when using shield charge (because of clay shaper) combined with low %ms on bones of ullr make the fight challenging. The AG and spectres died because they didn't have the 2% regen from necro ascendancy.

It's a pretty messy run, but you can watch it here:
https://youtu.be/CJI198JLJr0

It's a lot smoother with vis mortis and 4 TVs & 2+1 Golems (fire & stone):
https://youtu.be/T5gH8QUThtw

I think a pure FG elementalist build will work, but it needs more es regen (watcher's eye, zealots oath, uber lab stone golem enchant, uber lab boot enchant). Also, it would probably need lightning warp instead of shield charge.

Hey :)

Gz on nice runs! You have good kiting in both videos and EHP looks healthy. There are however some things that could be improved :

Necro run :

Your necro setup is showing pretty low damage for Golems. 3x Harmonies are barely enough to let Golems 6 sec cooldown to reach the limit to let them cast new orbs once their charges are empty. It's also far too low to give Golems reliable regen. By changing from :
- 1x Anima 3x Harmonies = 74k per Golems
- 1x Anima 10x Harmonies = 96k per Golems, However its would be tons more as Golems can now cast as fast as they can and they would be almost immortal with over 20% HP regen per sec

Elementalist run :

Not sure how many Harmonies you were using as there is no Pastebin, but taking Elementalist means stacking as many Harmonies as possible. Golems are your main damage dealers and probably only minions that can survive without actively casting Concocation or using defensive items with Necro Aegis to minions safe.

For Specters to survive you might want to equip :
- Kaltenhalt shield with Necro Aegis (Both bosses deal heavy cold and fire damage)
- Bone Offering (Block helps minions a lot)

Both runs

In both runs I don't think you were using Primordial Might. This seriously nerfs Golems damage as they were following you more than shooting at boss. I very highly recommend using Might at all times.

You didn't seem to use Bone Offering at all, so minions were left with 0% chance to block and Golems were uncapped with ele res outside of you aura using Necromancer. This means that minions were tanking with raw life, which runs low fast with no AGs 6% HP regen or stacking Harmonies to keep Golems alive.

Using more Harmonies and Might will most likely fix DPS & Golems dying & Golems not staying on target problems.

Lightning warp will most likely be slower than Shield Charge as build has almost no cast speed. ES regen is will be much easier with using Occultist. However the gear requirement is very high to deal enough DPS with occultist and no minion damage from Ascendancy.

Sorry that list has so many things to improve. I just really liked your setup and wanted to give you as much advice for improvement as possible.

Overall nice videos and good job at clearing Uber Elder with both variants, boss fight is very hard one ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on May 28, 2018, 5:24:01 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:

Spoiler

Basically you can level up to Specters anyway you like. I recommend using SRS and Zombies as they scale nicely with early nodes and are very tanky with enough HP regen. After getting Specters and maybe Golems you have to focus on few points :

1) Stack EHP (HP + ES)
I have seen too many players with 10 ex worth Anima Stones and Sotls and still using lvl 30 rings with 20+ HP and some resitances. Trade aggressively for better jewelry every 5-10 level. Most jewelry costs 2-5c and will make huge difference in survival. Try to get high ES expecially in rings, amulet, belt (Crystal is best) and gloves.

Also craft something on every piece of gear with masters. Level Elreon, Haku and Tora as soon as possible.

2) Raise Temp Chains effect and radius as soon as possible
High level Temp Chains is propably best defense in the game against trash mobs. 20/0 TC and Blasphemy help a lot alone but you REALLY want quality on gems and "Enhance" with them to break TC. I don't recommend going for curse on hit -> Ball Lightning stuff as it leaves you open for surprise attacks.

3) Raise Golems level
Golems usefulness comes directly from their level. Each level gives Golems roughly 10% more DPS and HP, so try to get 21/0 Flame Golem gem and Empower 3 corrupted (both 10c in league in first week) and try to get Sotl 2r2g2b and link them there for extra levels. Golems will be almost immortal after that point and their damage will be huge. I dont never level Golems from 18->20 myself as they are weak at that point and upgrading straight to 21 costs 10c and gives 30% more DPS and HP.

4) Try to get t16+ tier Specters from someone as soon as you can enter maps

Prioritize 1-3) in the order you feel that is lacking most at any point. That should give you smooth sailing up to T16 maps ;)

Thanks a lot for the follow up. Will you update the guide for 3.3 ?
I will be off-work on patch day and will try to level as fast as i can.
---
"
Kelemn wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:

Spoiler

Basically you can level up to Specters anyway you like. I recommend using SRS and Zombies as they scale nicely with early nodes and are very tanky with enough HP regen. After getting Specters and maybe Golems you have to focus on few points :

1) Stack EHP (HP + ES)
I have seen too many players with 10 ex worth Anima Stones and Sotls and still using lvl 30 rings with 20+ HP and some resitances. Trade aggressively for better jewelry every 5-10 level. Most jewelry costs 2-5c and will make huge difference in survival. Try to get high ES expecially in rings, amulet, belt (Crystal is best) and gloves.

Also craft something on every piece of gear with masters. Level Elreon, Haku and Tora as soon as possible.

2) Raise Temp Chains effect and radius as soon as possible
High level Temp Chains is propably best defense in the game against trash mobs. 20/0 TC and Blasphemy help a lot alone but you REALLY want quality on gems and "Enhance" with them to break TC. I don't recommend going for curse on hit -> Ball Lightning stuff as it leaves you open for surprise attacks.

3) Raise Golems level
Golems usefulness comes directly from their level. Each level gives Golems roughly 10% more DPS and HP, so try to get 21/0 Flame Golem gem and Empower 3 corrupted (both 10c in league in first week) and try to get Sotl 2r2g2b and link them there for extra levels. Golems will be almost immortal after that point and their damage will be huge. I dont never level Golems from 18->20 myself as they are weak at that point and upgrading straight to 21 costs 10c and gives 30% more DPS and HP.

4) Try to get t16+ tier Specters from someone as soon as you can enter maps

Prioritize 1-3) in the order you feel that is lacking most at any point. That should give you smooth sailing up to T16 maps ;)

Thanks a lot for the follow up. Will you update the guide for 3.3 ?
I will be off-work on patch day and will try to level as fast as i can.

Np, glad it helped ^^

I'm going to update to 3.3 as soon as patch-notes are out. I haven't seen anything too major to make radical changes but some things might be coming. Build is in extremely good shape atm and there's very little to improve.

Possible changes :

- "Combustion" support
The Chance to Ignite Support Gem has been renamed to Combustion Support. Enemies ignited by supported skills lose up to 19% fire resistance. At gem level 20, it has 29% more fire damage, 49% chance to ignite, and -19% fire resistance on ignited enemies.

"Chance to Ignite" gem will be changed to Combustion and will now grant fire resistance debuff. Tukohama Vanguards already apply their fire res debuff, so replacing "Controlled Destruction" with new "Combustion" will lower enemies fire res even further without even using Elemental Equilibrium. If the fire res debuff is global and will boost damage to all sources, this might easily replace Controlled Destruction as it has 29% more damage and Golems will have 84% chance to ignite (49% from gem and 35% from crit chance)

- Dropping Elemental Equilibrium (EE)
GGG said thay they are going to change EE, but did not specify in which patch. If EE will get nerfed, it will be replaced by possibly global fire res debuff from new "Combustion" support gem and maybe adding Dyadus to Animate Guardian

- Double / single Dyadus equipped Animate Guardian (AG)
Equipping AG with Dyadus gives huge boost to Specters burning damage. It however lowers AGs chance to block, so it has to be balanced by giving AG more support gems or other ways of defense. Equipping "Advancing Fortress" and Dyadus to AG will give it great chance to block and running Bone Offer should keep AG safe. I need to verify after 3.3 that the Dyadus interaction wont be nerfed with AG as it's extremely strong and seems like GGG is thinking about removing it.

Overall changes will be pretty small if nothing big appears and with good results from last league build is ready for new challenges :)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on May 29, 2018, 3:00:40 PM
"Primordial Harmony: Now grants your golems 30-45% increased cooldown recovery speed, to compensate for a bug that was fixed. Existing versions of this jewel can be updated with a Divine Orb."

from the patch notes. does this mean i should divine my jewels when the patch is out? this is a buff?
"
Lumweishaupt wrote:
"Primordial Harmony: Now grants your golems 30-45% increased cooldown recovery speed, to compensate for a bug that was fixed. Existing versions of this jewel can be updated with a Divine Orb."

from the patch notes. does this mean i should divine my jewels when the patch is out? this is a buff?

before Bestiary leage Mark_GGG say about nerf CD for golem skills becouse this jewell bugged.
if this true we have nerf for golems ability CD.

and

"Fixed a bug where stats added to a skill by skill-specific mods would be copied to minions created by that skill. This caused a variety of unintended effects, the most notable of which was the cooldown modifier to Golem skills found on the unique jewel Primordial Harmony. In addition to its regular effect, the cooldown modifier was carried through to the Golem's cooldown skills, lowering those cooldowns as well."

As a result, golems will be much less likely to cast their own abilities
"
Golem Skills have (20-30)% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed
Golems have (10-15)% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed

in 3.2: 30+15=45% to golems (supposed to be just 15) and 30% to golem skills.
in 3.3: 45% to golems and 30% to golem skills. So basically the same, just properly working.
the 3.2 ones will be "fixed" and will only have 15% cooldown (not 45%).

Look like huge nerf for golems build. im right or not?
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
Last edited by Besovskii on May 30, 2018, 7:09:16 AM
"

"
Besovskii wrote:
"
Lumweishaupt wrote:

before Bestiary leage Mark_GGG say about nerf CD for golem skills becouse this jewell bugged.
if this true we have nerf for golems ability CD.

and

"Fixed a bug where stats added to a skill by skill-specific mods would be copied to minions created by that skill. This caused a variety of unintended effects, the most notable of which was the cooldown modifier to Golem skills found on the unique jewel Primordial Harmony. In addition to its regular effect, the cooldown modifier was carried through to the Golem's cooldown skills, lowering those cooldowns as well."

As a result, golems will be much less likely to cast their own abilities
"
Golem Skills have (20-30)% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed
Golems have (10-15)% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed

in 3.2: 30+15=45% to golems (supposed to be just 15) and 30% to golem skills.
in 3.3: 45% to golems and 30% to golem skills. So basically the same, just properly working.
the 3.2 ones will be "fixed" and will only have 15% cooldown (not 45%).

Look like huge nerf for golems build. im right or not?

"
Hi
but path notes say:
"Primordial Harmony: Now grants your golems 30-45% increased cooldown recovery speed, to compensate for a bug that was fixed."
Not golems skills
this affcet only for recast CD or im wrong?

*FIXED*

The wording is pretty dodgy.

If Player gets the extra cooldown reduction, it will be nerf.

If Golems gets the extra cooldown reduction, it will be buff.

However it was posted earlier that only some setups had the bug. It's hard to say how many setups were ever affected it in the first place. If players get the cooldown reduction, it might still be that most of us wont even notice the "nerf" as we never had the bug in the first place.

Elemental Equilibrium is still the same. No change to EE triggering skills.

Dyadus got nerfed, so Animate Guardians gear set will remain the same.

New "Combustion" gem look promising and worth testing instead of Controlled Destruction. This might be also slight buff to total damage as Tukohama Vanguards and Flame Golems will both apply different fire res debuffs.
Last edited by mika2salo on May 30, 2018, 8:12:56 AM
"
mika2salo wrote:
"

Earlier it was posted that Golems were affected by the cooldown bug only occasionally. This means that most of us might have always had non-bugged version of cooldown reduction.

Since they will buff harmonies equal to value that they will remove with 3.3, all new Harmonies will be actually better since you are 100% guaranteed to get the buffed cooldown reduction. This is slight buff, since all players are now getting the 45% cooldown reduction instead of some players with bugged configs.

New "Combustion" gem look promising and worth testing instead of Controlled Destruction. This might be also slight buff to total damage as Tukohama Vanguards and Flame Golems will both apply different fire res debuffs.

2x Slight buffs and no nerfs this time. Seems like GGG is pretty happy with Golems cost <-> effectiveness :)

Hi
but path notes say:
"Primordial Harmony: Now grants your golems 30-45% increased cooldown recovery speed, to compensate for a bug that was fixed."
Not golems skills
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
thanks for keeping up the build with the updates!
"
Besovskii wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:
"

Earlier it was posted that Golems were affected by the cooldown bug only occasionally. This means that most of us might have always had non-bugged version of cooldown reduction.

Since they will buff harmonies equal to value that they will remove with 3.3, all new Harmonies will be actually better since you are 100% guaranteed to get the buffed cooldown reduction. This is slight buff, since all players are now getting the 45% cooldown reduction instead of some players with bugged configs.

2x Slight buffs and no nerfs this time. Seems like GGG is pretty happy with Golems cost <-> effectiveness :)

Hi
but path notes say:
Not golems skills

*FIXED*

The wording is pretty dodgy.

If Player gets the extra cooldown reduction, it will be nerf.

If Golems gets the extra cooldown reduction, it will be buff.

However it was posted earlier that only some setups had the bug. It's hard to say how many setups were ever affected it in the first place. If players get the cooldown reduction, it might still be that most of us wont even notice the "nerf" as we never had the bug in the first place.

"
thanks for keeping up the build with the updates!

Thanks for support ^^

I'll update tree and guide to 3.3 before friday and will post new updates when league starts ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info