[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Build looks awesome and I'd like to try it as a league starter - Just one question: Is there a PoB link somewhere? Couldn't find one.

Edit: Found it! Thanks for the build!
Last edited by Tomgathericon on Jun 1, 2018, 3:55:49 PM
"
kayella wrote:
"
duabijitelur wrote:
suitable to use start at new league(incursion)?

You can also start as a life-based build and transition into hybrid when you get to maps.

I would say this build is better than a life-based build as you have flexibility to change ascendancies (necro/ele/occy) and play around with a spectre or golem heavy build. This is because the life-based builds don't have enough jewel sockets to make golems awesome.

The main downside is the cost. Tne anima stone and Primordial might are not cheap, and you probably want to get a presence of chayula as a small life pool can be hard to deal if there's much chaos damage.

Flame Golem build as either Spectre-focus or Golem-focus can do all content deathless, including Uber Elder.

Hey :)

You can probably start as life based, bu it's not very much cheaper on gear as there are so many other life based build trying to get same gear. Extra jewel sockets from hybrid build really let Golems shine in endgame.

Build really is not the cheapest. Starting is pretty cheap and you can do all content with decent rare gear even without Presence, but to really walk through end endgame content Anima, Mihgt, Presence and Skin of the Loyal are preferred.

Both Golem and Specter focused builds work great. Spec focused starts stronger but wont scale as far with more currency. Golems start bit slower but scale as far as you want to invest.

"
Since this is viable as Occultist, would this be viable as Guardian?

Hello :)

Friend did build as Guardian for fun and it worked pretty well. He stacked more auras and had pretty tanky char even compared to Occultist. Minions have decent clear speed as Golems scale with Harmonies and Tukohama Specters get enough damage from pseudo 6-link helmet. It's slower than any witch variant, but makes for very safe mapping / party support char.

"
Build looks awesome and I'd like to try it as a league starter - Just one question: Is there a PoB link somewhere? Couldn't find one.

Edit: Found it! Thanks for the build!

Thanks for support!

Glad you found it already ^^

There are Pob links for all variants of this build. I recommend using the leveling section as it has best details about what gear to get and how to use skill-points at different stages of leveling.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jun 1, 2018, 5:00:49 PM
"
kayella wrote:
Mika,

So I went and tried elementalist for a weekend. I went with +1 SotL for 3 TVs & 4+1+1 Golems & level 28 AG (80k hp / 1k/s regen). Uber Elder is certainly doable, but it's tricky without more ES regen. The lack of mobility when using shield charge (because of clay shaper) combined with low %ms on bones of ullr make the fight challenging. The AG and spectres died because they didn't have the 2% regen from necro ascendancy.

It's a pretty messy run, but you can watch it here:
https://youtu.be/CJI198JLJr0

It's a lot smoother with vis mortis and 4 TVs & 2+1 Golems (fire & stone):
https://youtu.be/T5gH8QUThtw

I think a pure FG elementalist build will work, but it needs more es regen (watcher's eye, zealots oath, uber lab stone golem enchant, uber lab boot enchant). Also, it would probably need lightning warp instead of shield charge.

Not the OP, but I agree with you. Lightning Warp feels like the way to go for that fight. Even Leap Slam would be better than Shield Charge I think.

That said, I feel like Spectres are a waste of time as Elementalist. Seems like they don't do much more than make up for sacrificed golem DPS. As for ES regen, have you tried Faster Start of ES Recharge on your rings (Leo LVL 3 craft) in combination with Essence Surge or Shav's before? Pretty sure Watcher's Eye and/or lab enchantments are unnecessary/overkill.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Excellent guide, really appreciated

Two questions need help for deciding build in new league

1) the rating scores regarding total / single target damage / defence of the third elementalist variant i.e. Elementalist 4+1+1, 4x TVs and +1 Vis Mortis

2) how's necromancer performance against Shaper compared with elementalist and occultist

Many thx
whats the optimal tree for lvl 90 if i cant reach lvl 100
"
tomatopotato wrote:
"
kayella wrote:
Mika,

So I went and tried elementalist for a weekend. I went with +1 SotL for 3 TVs & 4+1+1 Golems & level 28 AG (80k hp / 1k/s regen). Uber Elder is certainly doable, but it's tricky without more ES regen. The lack of mobility when using shield charge (because of clay shaper) combined with low %ms on bones of ullr make the fight challenging. The AG and spectres died because they didn't have the 2% regen from necro ascendancy.

It's a pretty messy run, but you can watch it here:
https://youtu.be/CJI198JLJr0

It's a lot smoother with vis mortis and 4 TVs & 2+1 Golems (fire & stone):
https://youtu.be/T5gH8QUThtw

I think a pure FG elementalist build will work, but it needs more es regen (watcher's eye, zealots oath, uber lab stone golem enchant, uber lab boot enchant). Also, it would probably need lightning warp instead of shield charge.

Not the OP, but I agree with you. Lightning Warp feels like the way to go for that fight. Even Leap Slam would be better than Shield Charge I think.

That said, I feel like Spectres are a waste of time as Elementalist. Seems like they don't do much more than make up for sacrificed golem DPS. As for ES regen, have you tried Faster Start of ES Recharge on your rings (Leo LVL 3 craft) in combination with Essence Surge or Shav's before? Pretty sure Watcher's Eye and/or lab enchantments are unnecessary/overkill.

I'll definitively do some testing once I can finally unlock Uber Elder. Might be that Shield Charge is not fast enough for that fight?

Potato, what can replace Specters while providing same DPS? TVs lower enemies fire res, boosting Golems damage and deal very nice damage with pseudo 6-link helmet alone.

"
Excellent guide, really appreciated

Two questions need help for deciding build in new league

1) the rating scores regarding total / single target damage / defence of the third elementalist variant i.e. Elementalist 4+1+1, 4x TVs and +1 Vis Mortis

2) how's necromancer performance against Shaper compared with elementalist and occultist

Many thx

Thanks for support ^^

1)

Elementalist 4x +1+1 Golems + 4x Specters + (+1) level Vis

Benefits compared to others
- Lots of extra targets to draw aggro
- At least 2x Specs are shooting at boss all the time
- Immune to elemental statuses
- Can use chance to taunt and blind ghastly jewels as 4x TVs + AG are starting to do enough melee attacks to matter

Weaknesses compared to others
- Can't have bleed immunity from Death's Doors
- +1 SotL feels more useful for Elementalist. Elementalist is very much all in with Golems damage. +1 Vis Mortis still beats standard SotL.

Scores (1-5)
- Total damage : 4
- Single target damage : 4-5?
- Defense : 3,5

I really could not test boss damage enough as most endgame bosses have immortality phases and jump between them too fast to stack all Golems, 4x Totems and charges on target. Initial single target damage was at least 4 but final damage after 1-2 second warmup might be 4,5-5

2)

Both can easily do Shaper if boss mechanics are familiar. Necro is bit more forgiving as high block chance might let you survive some bad kites. Tukohama Vanguard Specs really deal high damage, but they don't really matter as much as Shaper jumps between phases so fast anyway.

Elementalists Golems are immune to Shaper damage, so they wont take any damage from Shapers attacks. Elementalist makes Shaper change between phases about same speed as Necro. Specters might die in fight if they dont have some additional defense, but can be re-Desecrated in arena after fight.

Occultist can do Shaper about as easy as Necro and Elementalist. Fight however lasts bit longer and Occultists needs good gear to make sure that Minions deal enough damage and can survive the fight.

Shaper is pretty easy boss after various amount of practice. Moves are manifested clearly and there's lot of room to move in the arena.

"
whats the optimal tree for lvl 90 if i cant reach lvl 100

Hi :)

Here's lvl 90 tree :
https://tinyurl.com/ycnsa6xk

I would myself drop few damage nodes and jewels as damage is already plenty, but I like defenses in general.

I would try to keep curses, EHO (HP + ES) as high as possible as they are builds strongest defenses. Tukohama Vanguard Specters add a lot to Golems damage, so dropping few Harmonies is not that dangerous for DPS. Just keeping 5-6x around to let Golems cast as fast as then can is important.

Climbing to levels 93-95 is pretty easy once all defenses are up and if you are not doing t16+ bosses. Normal mobs can barely touch you and <t15 bosses rarely can insta kill you. <t15 boss fights also last only few seconds.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Jun 3, 2018, 1:02:53 PM
can you do a ball lightning CoH variation that replaces blasphemy and use additional auras to compensate for the loss of quality?
"
zhou111 wrote:
can you do a ball lightning CoH variation that replaces blasphemy and use additional auras to compensate for the loss of quality?

It's what i personally do: CoH ball lightning with double curse, vaal haste and vaal discipline as aura. You can even go for anger too with enough reduce reserved mana, but it feels unnecessary. You will probably have to change a few gems for that tho
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
rekt quite hard by the incursions mobs deal a lot of chaos dmg, seems like i need more chaos resistance to play comfortably

i guess i need to get a rathpith, better rings, better belts, maybe better gloves to cap res and increase more chaos res
Last edited by duabijitelur on Jun 4, 2018, 12:03:41 AM
"
zhou111 wrote:

"
It's what i personally do: CoH ball lightning with double curse, vaal haste and vaal discipline as aura. You can even go for anger too with enough reduce reserved mana, but it feels unnecessary. You will probably have to change a few gems for that tho

The CoH setup is done very often in the forums. I'm not big fan of it as I think that at least Temp Chains should be left as aura to protect against off-screen charge attacks.

Anakhons setup looks pretty good if you want to try it out.

Basically you can run 1-2 auras and use curses with ball light. Maybe haste or determination with Discipline?

"
rekt quite hard by the incursions mobs deal a lot of chaos dmg, seems like i need more chaos resistance to play comfortably

i guess i need to get a rathpith, better rings, better belts, maybe better gloves to cap res and increase more chaos res

Hey :)

At early-mid tier maps your should really start gearing for EHP (HP + ES) and resistances. Good numbers to get for your level are :
- Rings (40+ ES, 40+ HP, 20%+ chaos res, ele res)
- Amulet (40+ ES, 40+ HP, 20%+ chaos res, ele res)
- (Crystal )Belt (100+ ES, 40+ HP, 20%+ chaos res, ele res)
- Gloves (120+ ES, 40+ HP, 20%+ chaos res, ele res)

Basically try to stack some chaos res on every rare piece of gear if possible. I haven't had troubles with chaos mobs but I'm still early in game. Maybe controlling minions movement with Storm Burst to draw aggro from chaos mobs could help?

Stacking block chance also helps quite a bit against surprise damage spikes.
Last edited by mika2salo on Jun 4, 2018, 2:27:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info