[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Skin of the loyal Should i get 2 R 3 B 1G our 3R 2B 1G?
path of building link?
Thanks for the clarification. I will try the Animate Gaurdian route for the extra curse.

Just one question about the Animate Gaurdian gear : would "Windscream Reinforced Greaves" (enemies can have an extra curse) work when we equip those on the guardian. This way we can skip 3 or 4 nodes in the tree for the extra curse skillpoint ? Also, those windscream boots are easier to find with +1 to socketed gems ...
What Jewels do you suggest after i have the full anima stone setup ready? add abyssal jewels? (which stats are important?)
"
Rubinjo wrote:
"
Pacemaker007 wrote:
- I love your work on the Animate Guardian part, but I am a cheap ass guy, so the possibility to lose the guardian's gear makes me reluctant. Do you think an option is the Impresence talisman - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Impresence_(Fire), so that we can do a blasphemy + temporal chains + flammability (-100% mana reserved) + enhance ?

- If the option with Impresence doesn't work, do you think it's doable to just use 1 curse and use all the curse nodes in the tree for personal defense ?

Thanks already for any info !

I'm using Curse on Hit Elemental Weakness (both 20/20) in self-cast Ball Lightning. Seems easy enough to use against bosses, and trash doesn't really require extra damage curses. I'm still using Animate Guardian for slowing enemies, creating consecrated ground and as an additional target. Recommended AG gear is affordable apart from the corrupted gloves, if you have currency to run this build losing the cheap stuff shouldn't be a problem.

Hello :)

Curse on hit for second curse sounds like working setup.

Animate Guardian is pretty good swiss army tool in late game content as it has multiple functions. Losing it sucks, but gear expect gloves is very cheap. I play my AG as HC-lite. If AG ever happens to die, its like losing bit of your char.

"
Skin of the loyal Should i get 2 R 3 B 1G our 3R 2B 1G?

Hey :)

I got this in Frequently Asked Question :

[quote]Controlled Destruction

Adds more damage to attacks but wont lower enemy resistance at all. If enemy has 50% fire res, only 50% of damage would go through. However Elemental Equilibrium(EE) drops enemies fire res by 50%, so resistance would be 0% and full added damage goes through. However if EE is not up or enemy has 75% or more fire res, only partition of damage would go through.

90% of the mobs have below 50% fire res and EE can drop them to minus resistance, so Controlled Destruction usually gives more damage. If you like active play-style and keep casting totem often you end with much more damage than with Fire Penetration.

Fire Penetration

Doesn't add any more damage to spell, but will let more damage through the resistances. If enemy has 50% fire res and EE is not up, 90% of damage would still go through. If EE is up and fire resistance drops the resistances to 0%, Fire penetration will lower the resistances below 0% to -40% and starts to add damage so it wont go to waste in any case.

If you like passive play-style and don't like casting totem or focus only killing endgame bosses, Fire Penetration can work better than Controlled Destruction. [/quote]

"
path of building link?

Hi :)

Heres Pob link.
https://pastebin.com/Kv468VFf

"
Thanks for the clarification. I will try the Animate Gaurdian route for the extra curse.

Just one question about the Animate Gaurdian gear : would "Windscream Reinforced Greaves" (enemies can have an extra curse) work when we equip those on the guardian. This way we can skip 3 or 4 nodes in the tree for the extra curse skillpoint ? Also, those windscream boots are easier to find with +1 to socketed gems ...

Animate Guardian kinda shares your curse limit :

A)
- You have curse limit of 1(No extra curse items)
- AG has curse limit of 1(No extra curse items)

You have temp chains in blaphemy, and AG hits enemy with ele weak gloves.

= Your Temp chain will over-ride ele weak instantly

B)
- You have curse limit of 2(Whispers of doom)
- AG has curse limit of 1(No extra curse items)

= Your Temp chain coexist with ele weak and enemies will be dual cursed

C)
- You have curse limit of 1(No extra curse items)
- AG has curse limit of 2(Windscreams)

= Your Temp chain will over-ride ele weak instantly

So for each curse on AG you have to have equal amount of curses on yourself.

"
What Jewels do you suggest after i have the full anima stone setup ready? add abyssal jewels? (which stats are important?)

Best combo would be :
1x Anima
1x Might
2x rares with
- 10% ele res for minions
- minions have 8% chance to hinder with spells
- minion cast speed
- minions have added fire daamge
6x Harmonies with
- Golems have 15% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed
- 20% increased Golem Damage for each Type of Golem you have Summoned

Taunt and blind only work in melee minions, so if you are not using zombies or Animate Guardian they have no effect on Golems. However with AG they are pretty useful as AG has melee splash to make them area effects.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Dec 22, 2017, 7:20:15 AM
Hi, I've recently started a golem build this league (still leveling) but I went with elementalist again. I know Necro is better but I've had no problem with my previous Ele golem build vs end game stuff.

Anyways, I want to chime in about abyss jewels. I'm sure we've all had problems with minions AI (lagging behind etc) and I've found that it is mostly tied to how slow they move. Previously the only way to overcome this is by essence crafting (minion speed) on rings which could end up very expensive. This time around you could get "+% minion move speed" on the abyss jewels, which are far cheaper and much easier to obtain. Of course we could always use convocation, but this is mostly QoL stuff.

I've also found the "% chance minion to taunt on hit" does help a lot in survivability too.

My 2 cents.
Yo Guys, DoYouKnowMyGolems here.
Why you preffer to use CD if elemental focus?
Path of builing whows me that EF give a lot more total dmg. Maybe any mechanic that i dont know? :)
See ya in game!
Hello, first thank you for the Guide and sorry for my bad english in the next rows:)
Someone ask you about the Mana Deverse because that build run 2 Auras, you say that we Precast the Golems and run than the Auras i get that my question is now, we doesnt lost than the effect from Primordial Might (extra dmg from recast every 8 sec?)

"
madriz wrote:
Hi, I've recently started a golem build this league (still leveling) but I went with elementalist again. I know Necro is better but I've had no problem with my previous Ele golem build vs end game stuff.

Anyways, I want to chime in about abyss jewels. I'm sure we've all had problems with minions AI (lagging behind etc) and I've found that it is mostly tied to how slow they move. Previously the only way to overcome this is by essence crafting (minion speed) on rings which could end up very expensive. This time around you could get "+% minion move speed" on the abyss jewels, which are far cheaper and much easier to obtain. Of course we could always use convocation, but this is mostly QoL stuff.

I've also found the "% chance minion to taunt on hit" does help a lot in survivability too.

My 2 cents.

You are absolutely right and minion speed makes huge difference in all minions behavior. Rings with minion movement speed best option if you can afford / craft ones, but you can stack some movement speed with jewels and frenzy charges also.

Chance to taunt works only on melee hits, but if you are using zombies or Animate Guardian the line is very useful.

Elementalist is good for players who really know what they are doing, but if you ever have trouble leveling higher I recommend trying Necro also. It's generally lot safer and offer same damage as extra golem.

"
Yo Guys, DoYouKnowMyGolems here.
Why you preffer to use CD if elemental focus?
Path of builing whows me that EF give a lot more total dmg. Maybe any mechanic that i dont know? :)
See ya in game!

Hi :)

Ele focus has bit more damage, but prevents ignites totally. With power charges golems have about 30% chance to ignite mobs, and they have area splash with GMP so they will ignite whole pack in few hits.

Ignite is important in finishing almost dead trash mobs. If enemys is hit with ele focus and left to 1/10 of hp, the Golems has to wait for cooldown to finish and cast new magma orb to finish the single almost dead enemy. With Cont Dest the enemy would have burned to death during cooldown and Golem can attack new enemies.

Ignite also helps with enemies with proximity shield. Once one orb ignites enemy, it will burn for quite a long time and deal damage while the Golems are uselessly shooting at the shield.

"
Hello, first thank you for the Guide and sorry for my bad english in the next rows:)
Someone ask you about the Mana Deverse because that build run 2 Auras, you say that we Precast the Golems and run than the Auras i get that my question is now, we doesnt lost than the effect from Primordial Might (extra dmg from recast every 8 sec?)

The 8 sec damage boost after using Golem skill is not really worth spamming the Golem out. Build actually tries to make Golems almost immortal so that you have to only put totem and can keep on kiting boss attacks.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Is there a better way to make sure my golems either keep up with me at all times or go ahead of me?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info