[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Invested now about 12 ex in this build, maybe more. Feels good.
Much more funny then my spectre build before.

to the gmp vs volley support discussion:
i tried both for a few maps and for me gmp feels better too.
With this expansion there are some great new items, i can clear t15 - t16 with ease and on a 4 link hehe check my profile.
https://www.twitch.tv/freedives
Last edited by Freedives on Dec 17, 2017, 1:29:51 PM
"
Nathaniel wrote:
Great guide!

Do you have any advice on how to improve my build? I'm feeling just to fragile.

Thanks

(sorry for my bad english, foreign speaker)

Open your characters then?
"
hwat wrote:
"
Nathaniel wrote:
Great guide!

Thanks

Sorry. It's open now!
I would highly suggest Nomic's Storm for leveling. Great boots with 40% movespeed when on full shield.
"
Nathaniel wrote:
"
hwat wrote:
"
Nathaniel wrote:
Great guide!

Thanks

Sorry. It's open now!

I've changed to ES with dual curse (temp + enf). It fells much more tanky. I've followed Timmeh519 and Shiverwarp tree.
"
Can you explain how Primordial Harmony is considered the best jewel to stack over Primordial Eminence? I assume it's because the cooldown recovery allows them to use their other skills more. You've probably covered this already, but 168 pages is a bit much to go digging through. =x

"
Harmony is cooldown and damage.

Eminence is cast speed.

Cast speed doesn't help the golems at all if the ability you want them to use (The magma balls) is on cooldown. (It has a 6 second base cooldown time)

Hello :)

Yep, when Golems are on cooldown increasing cast speed wont help much. Stacking about 5-6 Harmonies is enough to let them cast magma orb in fast chain. I can't think about reason to use Eminence almost ever, but they are cheap so you can try and feel how you like them.

"
I see you're using volley for your flame golems, I experimented a bit with this, but didn't like it too much. GMP seems to give the golems better chance to hit targets, just from a few map runs, but I didn't test it extensively.

I have been testing with volley lately and what I have found :
- Flame Sentinels
They work great with volley. They have LMP so they still shoot 5x projectiles in straight line and have less penalty than GMP. they can sweep rifts very fast, but have not yet tested then against guardians / shaper.

- Solar Guardians
Dont work at all. They will shoot only 3x projectiles with small area and their clear speed is weaker.

- Flame Golems
Work 50/50. Golems shoot at the ground and not the target with orb, so the explosions seems to overlap (shotgun) more. They also clear rifts nicely with it as the projectiles are focused. Might not be worth using if only running Golems and not pairing them with Flame Sentinels as their range is more limited that way.

"
Hi im currently running this build, with a hybrid Spectre build , respecced into spectre ascendancy after i got the Helm, can someone review the build and tell me how to progress / anything im doing wrong..gear isnt optimal i think,sunk all money on a bisco which im not sure was the correct decision!!

have 5 Harmonies + anima stone + might and one gastly eye jewel with taunt, should i ditch the latter and get another ( dunno how to link jewels :/) , since i respecced , not using spirit eater which has somewhat reduced the as of golems

Hey :)

Tree and links pretty much look ok, but I would really add enhance to Temp chain links. It adds massive boost to slow and works as main defense.

How are you applying EE to enemies? I cant find spell totem or any lightning skill in your build?

What looks like huge danger is your chaos res. You are not using beacon of corruption or Vertex to get any chaos res, so any boss / rare with chaos damage can potentially 1 shot you. I recommend gearing Chaos res to belt / jewelry. I'm using :

To almost cap my chaos res. It really makes game easier and more safe.

"
Great guide! Thank you very much for the effort to put it all together.

My golemancer is at level 89 and i've been able to clear all maps with all mods. I've made a life based necromancer with MoM. It's seens to have a good survivability, the problem is, however, with one shot mechanics. I'm using TV spectres to help with single targets. The bosses just melt. I've cleared Red Elder easily (died just because of the ice spear). Max block spell is perfect.

Thanks

"

"
Sorry. It's open now!

"
I've changed to ES with dual curse (temp + enf). It fells much more tanky. I've followed Timmeh519 and Shiverwarp tree.

Hello and thanks for support ^^

Same words as to earlier build. Your chaos res is lower than it should be. Vertex helps a lot but you can still porentially die to chaos damage in 1 shot. I recommend also upgrading to something like :

Almost all of your defenses are manual cast atm. This makes it very dangerous to move in packs on monsters as they can quickly chain enough damage to kill you. I would run at least 1x CWDT with maybe bone offer / phase run to help you survive consecutive hits.

"

Hey and thanks for support ^^

For Golems GMP is better. If ran with Flame Sentinels they can focus fire bit more with volley, but thats still in testing. I'm certain that GMP will remain as Golems default gem.

You should change phase run and desecrate order in boots, so that phase run is the last triggering gem in CWDT links.

"
With this expansion there are some great new items, i can clear t15 - t16 with ease and on a 4 link hehe check my profile.

Hi :)

Very nice life variant ^^

if you can find +2 minion level helmet with those 2x supports, you have basically replaced Sotl.

Amulet looks very nice and your setup looks very slick ;)

Looks highly specialized and maybe more dangerous to play than Necro, but for experienced player should be perfectly fine.

"
I would highly suggest Nomic's Storm for leveling. Great boots with 40% movespeed when on full shield.

Hello :)

Nomic storms are great for leveling in SC, but for HC players they would be lethal ^^

Bones or Url have only 6 level difference in requirement, but I have used Nomics also sometimes and they go really fast.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Dec 17, 2017, 8:54:31 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:

Hello and thanks for support ^^

Same words as to earlier build. Your chaos res is lower than it should be. Vertex helps a lot but you can still porentially die to chaos damage in 1 shot. I recommend also upgrading to something like :

Almost all of your defenses are manual cast atm. This makes it very dangerous to move in packs on monsters as they can quickly chain enough damage to kill you. I would run at least 1x CWDT with maybe bone offer / phase run to help you survive consecutive hits.

Thank you for the advice!! Btw, first time I manage to get to level 90 in 5 years! This just shows how good your guide is :)
"
mika2salo wrote:

Hey :)

Tree and links pretty much look ok, but I would really add enhance to Temp chain links. It adds massive boost to slow and works as main defense.

How are you applying EE to enemies? I cant find spell totem or any lightning skill in your build?

What looks like huge danger is your chaos res. You are not using beacon of corruption or Vertex to get any chaos res, so any boss / rare with chaos damage can potentially 1 shot you. I recommend gearing Chaos res to belt / jewelry. I'm using :

To almost cap my chaos res. It really makes game easier and more safe.

HI thanks for the response , i changed my stuff around to incorporate ball lightning and added spirit offering looking shiverwarps setup, need more time to test it , but not having to shield charge into apply EE is a HUGE life saver !!.. i play the most reckless way possible more often ,trying to get as much as damage on stuff

As for chaos resistance , yes its a big PITA , i picked UP arakali pantheon with 20% chaos res against DOT, that hopefully should help the added regen is a bonus !!

My next aim should be maxing the ES and obviously chaos res as you have said earlier , so is going for a presence of chayula straight away good?

or get flat es on other guy and then finally the amulet? (currenty my HP is 2822 and ES 3522)

this lets me do t15 fairy ok

and Thanks for the guide , very detailed and really enjoyed it throughout
"
mika2salo wrote:
"

Hey and thanks for support ^^

For Golems GMP is better. If ran with Flame Sentinels they can focus fire bit more with volley, but thats still in testing. I'm certain that GMP will remain as Golems default gem.

You should change phase run and desecrate order in boots, so that phase run is the last triggering gem in CWDT links.

Oh, yes. Much better now. Ty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info