Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

I think I've finally finished revising my setup for Hardcore. Done testing and everything works as it should.

I've done a bit of a cheeky thing to make use of the new Abyss Jewels or Shaped Jewelry.

Hypnotic Eye jewels can roll "Adds Fire/Cold/Lightning to spells" and so can Shaped Jewelry (Also helms, but that'd be really tough to find a good one, not worth the investment probably)

This means we can use unearth to both proc EE (Using adds lightning or adds cold) as well as create corpses, and gives us another slot because we don't need ball lightning anymore!

I'm personally using a Hypnotic eye jewel placed in my belt with lightning damage, chance to block when hit, and max life. I think this is the easiest and cheapest way.

Now, full list:

4L Gloves/Boots (CWDT Offerings+ Disc) [RBRB] CWDTlv20 - Spirit Offering - Discipline - Bone Offering

Order of links important! Make sure if you're editing gem positions, this can't go in clayshaper! Spirit offering must be cast before bone offering. Discipline is placed here so we don't lose it on weapon swap.

EDIT: Quick video showing it in action: https://gfycat.com/evergreenleadingchipmunk

In this video you can see the ES actually going up, but often you won't because from what I can tell the HP loss and gain are processed basically instantaneously, so when you're losing more HP than Spirit Offering can replenish, you will see your ES lower. You can be sure the Spirit Offering went off by seeing the blue spirit fly away.

4S Gloves/Boots (CWDT Utility) [RGBB] CWDT1 - Desecrate - Tempest Shield - Immortal Call

Our utility CWDT. If you prefer you can put phase run in place of Tempest Shield or IC. You can also swap the IC with Discipline if you'd prefer IC to only proc when taking large amounts of damage. I prefer it in a level 1 CWDT personally, especially since we don't use Endurance charges.

Small bonus: Tempest shield also procs EE if for some reason you can't cast Unearth because you're dodging or whatever.

4S Helm (Geofri's Crest until Vertex) [GGBB] Temp Chains - Ele Weak/Enfeeble - Blasphemy - Enhance

Corrected my mistake with Flammability

3L Weapon/Shield (Guardian + self cast Bone offer) [RRB] Animate Guardian - Minion life - Bone Offering

Animate guardian is in weapon/shield so that we can weapon swap and desummon it if it starts getting low on life, and save us some money.

3L Weapon/Shield (Unearth and Convo) [GGB] GMP - Unearth - Convocation

Self cast Convocation really helps with positioning, clear speed, and just nice QoL. I'm not sure how I ever played without it. It's so much better. The GMP unearth has added lightning/cold to spells so that it procs EE. This is great because it means we have one less spell to worry about casting, and we always have corpses for our offering CWDT, so it should never mess up and leave us with the situation where only spirit offering is popped, and no corpses left for bone offering.

Unearth has some benefits, and some downsides compared to Ball Lightning. It is much faster to cast, and also has a very fast projectile, so the EE is applied nearly instantly. Downside is the AoE is less, but I think Ball Lightning was almost overkill on the AoE anyway. I don't find I have any problem at all applying EE with Unearth.

On weapon swap (Extra clayshaper!): Flame Dash, and since we have extra clayshaper, golems do not disappear. And we don't have to re-cast anything except AG because no auras are in weapon sockets.
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Dec 16, 2017, 5:40:45 PM
Is it possible to play Spectre and Golems ?
Is there a second green gem that is decent to link with Flame Golem? 2G Skin of the Loyal is a lot cheaper than 1G.
"
An1Lusion wrote:
Is there a second green gem that is decent to link with Flame Golem? 2G Skin of the Loyal is a lot cheaper than 1G.

I use slower proj.
Guys, as you are golem pro — what kind of new helmets should I try to put golems in?
— minion damage obviously
but whats second or even third one? burning damage? less duration? concentrated? anything works with golems?
I'm actually spectre user, just want to try to add 2-3 golems )
"
Nonny wrote:
Hey!
If I have the currency already for the jewels and gear, when is the earliest time you'd say you can start doing golems? Is it as soon as you get them at 38? I really like leveling with the build I'm playing as much as possible instead of leveling as something else.

Thanks for the write-up.

"
Is it possible to play Spectre and Golems ?

Hello :)

If you got currency to buy all Primordial jewels for 4x Golems, you can start running Golems as soon as you can equip Clayshaper. Specters add nice boost to damage so you can get :

and use it with

Raise Specter -> Echo -> Cont Dest -> Volley

and my preferred Specter is Flame Sentinel as it has LMP and will shoot 5x projectiles even with volley.

For chest I'm using Sotl and Flame Golems. Both are 6 link and their total damage is pretty huge.

"
I think I've finally finished revising my setup for Hardcore. Done testing and everything works as it should.

I've done a bit of a cheeky thing to make use of the new Abyss Jewels or Shaped Jewelry.

Hypnotic Eye jewels can roll "Adds Fire/Cold/Lightning to spells" and so can Shaped Jewelry (Also helms, but that'd be really tough to find a good one, not worth the investment probably)

This means we can use unearth to both proc EE (Using adds lightning or adds cold) as well as create corpses, and gives us another slot because we don't need ball lightning anymore!

I'm personally using a Hypnotic eye jewel placed in my belt with lightning damage, chance to block when hit, and max life. I think this is the easiest and cheapest way.

Now, full list:

4L Gloves/Boots (CWDT Offerings+ Disc) [RBRB] CWDTlv20 - Spirit Offering - Discipline - Bone Offering
Order of links important! Make sure if you're editing gem positions, this can't go in clayshaper! Spirit offering must be cast before bone offering. Discipline is placed here so we don't lose it on weapon swap.

EDIT: Quick video showing it in action: https://gfycat.com/evergreenleadingchipmunk

In this video you can see the ES actually going up, but often you won't because from what I can tell the HP loss and gain are processed basically instantaneously, so when you're losing more HP than Spirit Offering can replenish, you will see your ES lower. You can be sure the Spirit Offering went off by seeing the blue spirit fly away.

4S Gloves/Boots (CWDT Utility) [RGBB] CWDT1 - Desecrate - Tempest Shield - Immortal Call

Our utility CWDT. If you prefer you can put phase run in place of Tempest Shield or IC. You can also swap the IC with Discipline if you'd prefer IC to only proc when taking large amounts of damage. I prefer it in a level 1 CWDT personally, especially since we don't use Endurance charges.

Small bonus: Tempest shield also procs EE if for some reason you can't cast Unearth because you're dodging or whatever.

4S Helm (Geofri's Crest until Vertex) [GGBB] Temp Chains - Ele Weak/Enfeeble - Blasphemy - Enhance

Corrected my mistake with Flammability

3L Weapon/Shield (Guardian + self cast Bone offer) [RRB] Animate Guardian - Minion life - Bone Offering

Animate guardian is in weapon/shield so that we can weapon swap and desummon it if it starts getting low on life, and save us some money.

3L Weapon/Shield (Unearth and Convo) [GGB] GMP - Unearth - Convocation

Self cast Convocation really helps with positioning, clear speed, and just nice QoL. I'm not sure how I ever played without it. It's so much better. The GMP unearth has added lightning/cold to spells so that it procs EE. This is great because it means we have one less spell to worry about casting, and we always have corpses for our offering CWDT, so it should never mess up and leave us with the situation where only spirit offering is popped, and no corpses left for bone offering.

Unearth has some benefits, and some downsides compared to Ball Lightning. It is much faster to cast, and also has a very fast projectile, so the EE is applied nearly instantly. Downside is the AoE is less, but I think Ball Lightning was almost overkill on the AoE anyway. I don't find I have any problem at all applying EE with Unearth.

On weapon swap (Extra clayshaper!): Flame Dash, and since we have extra clayshaper, golems do not disappear. And we don't have to re-cast anything except AG because no auras are in weapon sockets.

Hi :)

The jewel trick is very clever ^^

It however takes jewel damage slot from golems. If you got ring with "added lightning / cold damage on hit" you can proc EE with shield charge also, but thats pretty risky.

The offering demo is awesome :D Dual offering seems to work well.

I'm testing IC right now but can't really tell when it saves me. The time is pretty short when it's up, but it might have saved me few times already. Using it on higher CWDT links with Bone Offering.

GGG should add possible corruption in some item that gives Convocation as skill. The minion AI is pretty bad and 8 sec cooldown on convo makes it clunky to use and it eats gem slot + extra button to press.

I really like your gems setups with even alt slot optimized. Very slick work ;)

Hopefully other HC players will find this setup and can use it for their char.

"

"
I use slower proj.

Hey :)

Yep, slower projectiles is best for "more" damage with those colors.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Dec 16, 2017, 9:50:08 PM
Can you explain how Primordial Harmony is considered the best jewel to stack over Primordial Eminence? I assume it's because the cooldown recovery allows them to use their other skills more. You've probably covered this already, but 168 pages is a bit much to go digging through. =x
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.
"
Can you explain how Primordial Harmony is considered the best jewel to stack over Primordial Eminence? I assume it's because the cooldown recovery allows them to use their other skills more. You've probably covered this already, but 168 pages is a bit much to go digging through. =x

Harmony is cooldown and damage.

Eminence is cast speed.

Cast speed doesn't help the golems at all if the ability you want them to use (The magma balls) is on cooldown. (It has a 6 second base cooldown time)

"
For chest I'm using Sotl and Flame Golems. Both are 6 link and their total damage is pretty huge.

I see you're using volley for your flame golems, I experimented a bit with this, but didn't like it too much. GMP seems to give the golems better chance to hit targets, just from a few map runs, but I didn't test it extensively.
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Dec 17, 2017, 12:32:34 AM
Hi im currently running this build, with a hybrid Spectre build , respecced into spectre ascendancy after i got the Helm, can someone review the build and tell me how to progress / anything im doing wrong..gear isnt optimal i think,sunk all money on a bisco which im not sure was the correct decision!!

Spoiler

have 5 Harmonies + anima stone + might and one gastly eye jewel with taunt, should i ditch the latter and get another ( dunno how to link jewels :/) , since i respecced , not using spirit eater which has somewhat reduced the as of golems
Great guide! Thank you very much for the effort to put it all together.

My golemancer is at level 89 and i've been able to clear all maps with all mods. I've made a life based necromancer with MoM. It's seens to have a good survivability, the problem is, however, with one shot mechanics. I'm using TV spectres to help with single targets. The bosses just melt. I've cleared Red Elder easily (died just because of the ice spear). Max block spell is perfect.

Do you have any advice on how to improve my build? I'm feeling just to fragile.

Thanks

(sorry for my bad english, foreign speaker)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info