Donald Trump and US politics

A couple years ago when I had full access to peer reviewed journal databases I looked up statistics on business survival rates. I excluded data on business entities that are expected to last multiple lifetimes, namely: utilities, government, and large financial institutions.

For firms founded in the U.S., the 10-year survival rate was 10%, and less than 0.1% made it to 40 years. A lot of startups fail quickly, so I also looked at large well-established firms, which had an estimated lifespan of under 15 years.

You can look up business survival rates (aka. firm mortality rates) to find similar figures.

Trump never went through a personal bankruptcy. He owns/controls over 500 businesses. Four of those underwent a bankruptcy proceeding in the last 25 years (1991, 1992, 2004, 2009). This is extraordinary. Furthermore, those were chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings (for reorganization). Those 4 businesses did not die.

His business record is outstanding and when people try to talk negatively about it, they're simply underlining how tragic public education is.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Feb 8, 2017, 3:19:49 AM
A 3.5 minute video that might cause some cognitive dissonance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQJlmFqUA8w
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Most of these leftist teenagers are bitch ass products of anti-bullying campaigns that have been going on in schools for the last 10 years or so. People like this used to get punked on a daily basis if they opened their stupid mouths. So they learned to shut the fuck up and not be so emotional about everything.

Gen X from the 1990s, wearing Metallica, Korn, etc T-shirts with chains hanging down from their jeans would absolutely annihilate this pussy Millennial generation from 2010 - current. If we could transport these delicate little flowers back to High School circa-1995, some of them wouldn't last a month before suicidal thoughts start setting in.

We need to drop the anti-bullying campaign for this reason.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 8, 2017, 5:35:46 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Most of these leftist teenagers are bitch ass products of anti-bullying campaigns that have been going on in schools for the last 10 years or so. People like this used to get punked on a daily basis if they opened their stupid mouths. So they learned to shut the fuck up and not be so emotional about everything.

Gen X from the 1990s, wearing Metallica, Korn, etc T-shirts with chains hanging down from their jeans would absolutely annihilate this pussy Millennial generation from 2010 - current. If we could transport these delicate little flowers back to High School circa-1995, some of them wouldn't last a month before suicidal thoughts start setting in.

We need to drop the anti-bullying campaign for this reason.

This brings up memories. I think it was 1996 or 1997 and I was in sixth or seventh grade. I was talking to a classmate about an assignment - we had to memorize a poem - and he asked me how long would it take him. I said, 'Well, I memorized it in 15 minutes, so it should take you about an hour.' It was a more or less accurate assessment, by the way. He hit me in the eye so hard, he broke his own hand in my face. I went with him to the hospital where he got his hand in a cast, and back to school we went - me looking like a panda with a giant fucking black eye, him with one hand immobilized. We both learned a valuable lesson that day, and everything was fine - no hard feelings on either side. Neither of us ever apologized, it was unnecessary.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
JurasticSain wrote:
what else this racist can do?

So racist
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 8, 2017, 6:26:42 AM
"
Bars wrote:

This brings up memories. I think it was 1996 or 1997 and I was in sixth or seventh grade. I was talking to a classmate about an assignment - we had to memorize a poem - and he asked me how long would it take him. I said, 'Well, I memorized it in 15 minutes, so it should take you about an hour.' It was a more or less accurate assessment, by the way. He hit me in the eye so hard, he broke his own hand in my face. I went with him to the hospital where he got his hand in a cast, and back to school we went - me looking like a panda with a giant fucking black eye, him with one hand immobilized. We both learned a valuable lesson that day, and everything was fine - no hard feelings on either side. Neither of us ever apologized, it was unnecessary.

I'm not trying to brag or anything, but it's semi related to what you're talking about. 10th grade, PE class. We go out to play baseball. Nobody is any good including me. The coach was the pitcher, because nobody could pitch good enough for a game, but I ended up swinging for the fences on strike 2 and fucking rekt that ball. It came within about 15 feet of the parking lot. It wasn't just a home run, it was a ZOMG WTF!? Home run. The coach said he didn't think anyone would hit a ball that far, or even half that far. I'm terrible at baseball, I just got a lucky hit is all.

Anyway this one kid there started referring to me as "Home Run". At first it didn't bother me, and about a week passed. I don't remember any specifics other than I wasn't in a very good mood that day. He gets in my face and says "Home Run" and I punched him in the face. Fractured his orbital socket. He stepped back leaned over holding his eye with his other hand up like he didn't want to fight. He was out of school for 2 weeks, came back and still had his eye blacked up pretty good. Nobody ever referred to me as "Home Run" again.

I got a 2 week vacation (suspension) from school for punching that kid. Both of my parents were gone in the morning before I got on the bus, and came home after the bus would drop me off, so they didn't even know I was suspended. I usually got the mail, so that suspension letter never reached them either.

He got suspended too, even though he got punched. They had a policy where people starting fights got equal punishment. So if you talk shit to someone and get punched, not only will you get a black eye, but you'll get the same suspension as the one throwing the punch.

I've also been on the receiving end of some punches. There was this big kid. He was kinda slow, but nobody fucked with him just because of how big he was. I don't remember what he said, but my reply was to tell him to shut his fat ass up. He said "Say that to my face". I walk up and say it, and I take a right hook to right above my temple area. The sensation of your brain bouncing around inside of your skull is a really odd feeling. I got stunned. Wasn't a full KO, but if he was a little bit lower with that punch, it would have been. By the time I recovered, they already had us separated.

Big, fat people even if they're not in physical shape can still hit very hard just to due the extra weight/momentum they put into their movements. I didn't think he was fast enough to hit me, but he chose the right kinda punch that started up outside of my field of vision. I'm not a small guy myself, but this guy was a head taller than I was and probably 60-80lbs heavier.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 8, 2017, 6:51:44 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

He got suspended too, even though he got punched. They had a policy where people starting fights got equal punishment. So if you talk shit to someone and get punched, not only will you get a black eye, but you'll get the same suspension as the one throwing the punch.

I bet that episode worked ten times better than any anti-bullying campaign :D

The equal suspension rule is good. In my case, the school authorities did nothing because it was one of the shittiest times in a shitty Eastern European country and no one gave a fuck about anything.

One time, we had a school guard who was a sadistic motherfucker and used to line us up and abuse us. This went on for quite some time until he hit a boy with a shock stick in the back - half the boy's back was one big bruise - and at that point they fired the guard. I can only imagine what would've happened in the US for something like this.

The funny thing is, my childhood was pretty fun overall. Some nasty shit happened, but no one made a big deal out of it, so it wasn't. In light of all this, it's funny how once I said something critical of Mathil and some guy on the forum got triggered and said I was hating at Mathil cause he looked like my school bully. I told the guy Mathil looked like he would get bullied in my school and he didn't believe me :D

It's all in the head. Perception.

That's why the millenials are a fucking disaster of a generation, they make a big fucking deal out of everything. Completely incapable of coping with reality. Case in point, the Trump reactions. Looks like a bunch of kindergarten kids crying cause someone took their kandy to me.

Adults acting like babies. It's surreal.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Feb 8, 2017, 6:59:17 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

When I was going to high school, it was normal to rip on freshmen kids. Some forms of it (spraying water, etc.) were even "unofficially" allowed / tolerated by the school administration. You couldn't run to the teachers and cry about it - they wouldn't do shit (would actually look down on you for being a pussy, lol :).

Ofc actual violence wasn't allowed, but ripping on was part of the "initiation" into the school. You'd be harassed by higher students for the first month or so and then everybody would be friends. No hard feelings. I still rememberer the first weeks, when we freshmen teamed up and shared strategies / info on how and who to avoid bumping into. Still you couldn't escape it, and I had to sing stupid song a few times, under threat of water guns & flour... :))

What was also a norm back then, is guys in puberty "harassing" girls. You were basically a weirdo if you never slapped on the ass some of your female classmates. You'd get kicked back or verbally abused, but hardly anyone ever went complaining to the teachers. And again, mostly no hard feelings. Now, the probably lock kids up or send them to the psychiatrist, if they ever try to touch a breast or an ass.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:

What was also a norm back then, is guys in puberty "harassing" girls. You were basically a weirdo if you never slapped on the ass some of your female classmates. You'd get kicked back or verbally abused, but hardly anyone ever went complaining to the teachers. And again, mostly no hard feelings. Now, the probably lock kids up or send them to the psychiatrist, if they ever try to touch a breast or an ass.

Same thing when I was growing up, but the medal had two sides. I think I was in 5th grade when I slapped a classmate's ass one time too many and she proceeded to bash my head with a heavy hardbound textbook. My skull was quite thick at the time, but she persevered and managed to drive the lesson home :D

Just as we carried out our own anti-bullying campaigns by punching the fuckers in the face, our girls had their own anti-harassment campaigns which were no less successful.
Last edited by Bars on Feb 8, 2017, 6:57:53 AM
Grade school out in California was like that Bars. In the school district out there, nobody gave a shit. If there was a fight at recess, at best they would break up the fight and send kids back to class. It happened frequently. I remember beating some kid down with a tin transformers lunchbox. He might have been a grade higher than I was, I don't remember the specifics, except that he walked up and pushed me and I = mad. In an environment like this, if someone walks up and calls you a "puto", your choices are to either punch that kid in the face, or mentally prepare yourself to be terrorized, daily. The teachers wouldn't stop it. There wasn't a viable, non-violent solution.

BUT, I'd rather things be like the above than what they are now. Even after experiencing some of the worst examples of the way things used to be.

I was one of the few White kids in that school. I got put into "English as a second language" classes enough though English was my only language. Because they literally had nowhere else to place me during that time frame. My only friend in that school was a Filipino kid. We'd go to his place after school and play Sega Genesis games.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 8, 2017, 7:13:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info