Donald Trump and US politics

Since Obama doesn't have the good grace that most ex-POTUSes do, and persists in remaining in the political limelight, he's still fair game:

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/photos-obama-lectures-cant-hide-behind-wall-behind-wall/

“In this new world that we live in we can’t isolate ourselves,” Obama said. “We can’t hide behind a wall.” -Indonesian ex-pat Barry Soetoro

The images from the event seem to belie his lofty message. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
That message was, I believe, more about the isolationism of Trump rather than his idea of building a wall. I could be wrong.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:
That message was, I believe, more about the isolationism of Trump rather than his idea of building a wall. I could be wrong.

You don't get irony, do you? =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

You don't get irony, do you? =^[.]^=

Yes, I do. I do get the irony of a Trumpist laughing at Obama for doing something that's a contradiction to his message.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
What is it with presidents, that they hate walls so much.
As long as he didn´t say, Ickrr bin eine Nussecke.
And DTrump like, Yes We Can.
"
Pwnzors87 wrote:

Well, from a technical point, a wall that's impossible to defend is useless (and with the size of mexico, it's the case). So it's a huge waste of money right there.

From a political point, it's essentially saying "screw everyone else".

From a utilitarian point, it doesn't even try to address the root of the problem, just trying to divert it.

From a military point, lol...
"
faerwin wrote:
"
Pwnzors87 wrote:
Well, from a technical point, a wall that's impossible to defend is useless (and with the size of mexico, it's the case). So it's a huge waste of money right there.

From a utilitarian point, it doesn't even try to address the root of the problem, just trying to divert it.

Technical: everything is, on some level, impossible to reactively defend. Defense inevitability rests upon the proactive principle of deterrence; that is, increasing the opportunity cost of undesirable behaviors using the threat of, rather than the actual application of, force. A wall can prove considerably more effective than open ground in this regard, in respect to behaviors where circumventing the wall would be considerably more hastle than walking through open terrain. This mostly pertains to drug, human, and various other smuggling.

I will readily admit that walls are not effective at combatting the most common forms of illegal immigration. But I'm more worried about criminal cartels and Mexicans with known priors than I am about some normie overstaying their visa.

Politically, Mexico isn't everyone.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 26, 2017, 10:52:23 AM
"
faerwin wrote:

Can't we just drone the guys?

-first woman who won the popular vote
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
"
Pwnzors87 wrote:

Technical: everything is, on some level, impossible to reactively defend. Defense inevitability rests upon the proactive principle of deterrence; that is, increasing the opportunity cost of undesirable behaviors using the threat of, rather than the actual application of, force. A wall can prove considerably more effective than open ground in this regard, in respect to behaviors where circumventing the wall would be considerably more hastle than walking through open terrain. This mostly pertains to drug, human, and various other smuggling.

I will readily admit that walls are not effective at combatting the most common forms of illegal immigration. But I'm more worried about criminal cartels and Mexicans with known priors than I am about some normie overstaying their visa.

Politically, Mexico isn't everyone.

Drug cartels are already digging tunnels to cross your borders, this won't change much in that regard. It would be a far wiser move in my opinion to have some military aid to help Mexico take down the drug cartels. You'd at the very least significantly lower the amount of drugs that come from the mexican border, you'd improve relations with Mexico and mexicans would be less interested in doing illegal immigration. That would be a much better things to do than waging war in the middle east...

N.B. I'm not saying it should be free intervention.
Egypt Coptic Christians killed in bus attack

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40059307

This is the third attack on Coptic Christians in Egypt since December. Around 100 people were killed overall.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info