Donald Trump and US politics

=^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
It's nearly over now.
It was a good article. Thank you for pointing me to it.

It only takes a few smart people to get the ball rolling. :)
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
Proving that the wall is a ridiculous idea has already been done multiple times, with projections and the likes. Yet, a huge amount of Trump supporters are dismissing it as "fake" and simply refuse to acknowledge the data. If these people are dismissing climate change with an alarmingly high amount of data that correlate the theory, do you think they will acknowledge the projection of the effects (or rather, lack of positives effects) that building a giant wall will do?

no actually the only argument I've heard so far was "it's racist".... I'm talking about a real argument to convince people. I'm not dismissing anything here, because no data has ever been provided.

The most compelling arguments I've heard are that a large percentage of illegal immigrants are illegal because of overstaying visas and/or arrive by boat or air. I also haven't seen any proof that the wall would be worth the cost even if it would achieve its stated goal.
Next time would you guys please mind linking a more self-serving and pompous article.
"
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
Proving that the wall is a ridiculous idea has already been done multiple times, with projections and the likes. Yet, a huge amount of Trump supporters are dismissing it as "fake" and simply refuse to acknowledge the data. If these people are dismissing climate change with an alarmingly high amount of data that correlate the theory, do you think they will acknowledge the projection of the effects (or rather, lack of positives effects) that building a giant wall will do?

no actually the only argument I've heard so far was "it's racist".... I'm talking about a real argument to convince people. I'm not dismissing anything here, because no data has ever been provided.

The most compelling arguments I've heard are that a large percentage of illegal immigrants are illegal because of overstaying visas and/or arrive by boat or air. I also haven't seen any proof that the wall would be worth the cost even if it would achieve its stated goal.

People arriving by boat or air with visas are at least trackable. If they overstay, we know they are here, and can begin to deal with their violations. Meanwhile, your typical MS-13 gangbanger isn't coming across the border on a commercial flight, nor are all the drug mules enslaved by the cartels. People arriving by boat aren't dying and leaving bleached bones gnawed on by coyotes in the desert. But, yeah, those things are okay, because it would "cost too much" to build an effective barrier to stop them. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
soneka101 wrote:

What I think it's funny, it's that few months ago we were talking about if Trump would last 4 or 8 years, Now we see things like this:

It has been 4 months guys...

4 months since he has been elected...

Spoiler

what I think is funny is, the MSM has been pushing the Russian thing for over a year already claiming they had all sort of proof, yet nothing came out.

It depends on what are you talking about. If you think the situation is exactly what have been a year ago then you are not paying attention.

"
diablofdb wrote:
What I think is funny is, people have been asking for Obama to used the martial law to prevent trump to become president.... they did that because they are against Fascism....

What I find funny is people are asking for that impeachment since day one yet know nothing about it.

I saw people on twitter talking about if Trump was impeached, if they could put a guy called "Hatch" (Don't remember his full name) on his place, and then ask for Obama to be the VP, if that guy then resigned Obama would become the President.

I thought it was funny too, absurd for several reasons, even slightly idiotic(since there would be obvious resistance) but funny nonetheless.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
True. But good fighter pilots avoid this, for good reason. Unless they're kamikazes. And sometimes even then.

There are problems with excessive legal immigration. However, the larger problems created by illegal immigration do not apply to the majority of illegal immigrants, as they are, functionally, not dissimilar from larger numbers of legal immigrants. It is those larger problems unique to small numbers of particularly malicious illegal immigrants that the wall would be very cost-effective against.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 20, 2017, 2:15:56 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
True. But good fighter pilots avoid this, for good reason. Unless they're kamikazes. And sometimes even then.

The quote originated with WWII bomber crews. You couldn't just not fly over the target. =9[.]9=
"
Raycheetah wrote:
The quote originated with WWII bomber crews.

Were they good at their job? I heard they bombed. :(
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info