7k fusings later, a 6L

i believe the secret is to become a streamer.
I have an Alien pet.
"
Miská wrote:
"
MegaForce83 wrote:
I like some of the condescending comments in this thread, acting all high and mighty with their superior intellect. I'd really love to see how they keep their cool and calm composure after dumping 7k fuses :^)

I have hit 9k+ a few times in about 1500 6-links. My average is still under 1k each. Most people understand there is RNG involved. And no fusing you spent on an item is gonna make it more likely to fuse the next one you put on it. If you can't deal with this then just use vorici. People that complain about 6linking are just greedy.

While what you say is true it would be a very nice if GGG would add an integer field to the item record for all items with 6 sockets such that it would keep a count of how many fuses have been applied to that item. This "fuses applied" number would be used in the fuse links formula to slowly increase the odds that the next fuse used would roll a higher number of links (the 6L we want to acheive). This would be a number that would be displayed when we press {Alt} so that we can see how many fuses have already been applied. Doing this will make 6 linking an item more crafting and less gambling. Just having a links formula that is not taking into account how many fuses have already been applied for the next fuse link roll is pure rng gambling and is the source of our linking frustration. Knowing how many fuses have already been applied to an item is also a selling value asset meaning that if one player gives up on the 6L (got a 5L and stopped) and sells the item the fact that x many fuses have already been applied will make the item more valuable.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Did it matter that after 500-1000 failed fusings I've put gems back to body armour?
Or that my hideout has only 40lvl? I may be done for this league after failing 6000 fusings but wouldn't want to do the same mistakes in next league if I ever come back... This league, I found out that I can't chance headhunter in my hideout after chancing ~800belts... ;)
Youre just supposed to use 100, 200 mayyyybe 300 just to see if you get lucky. If you dont then start saving up and pay Vorci.

I understand what your sayign about the tally tho. The game really should stop at like.... 2500 and just give it to you.
Last edited by dirtpoorchris on Apr 4, 2018, 2:04:51 AM
RNG for 6Linked?? No it cost 1500 fuses and thats it? You want it cheaper? Gamble it, but dont accuse you wast 7K fuses and it should stop at 4K, you could, but you didn´t wanted...

Rule of the thumb for me, as an unlucky player (get 6 socket with vorici - 350 jeweller's orbs).
I just need 5link for build (just use fuses to get it (normally between 75-200 for me), if you get 5 link, you stop, if a miracle happens and you get 6 linked... GREAT)
I need 6 linked for build, just save/buy enouth fuses (1500) and Vorici it xD

Normally 6 link cost me 1500, not 6, 10, 589, 5k or 70k......
I'm at 5200 now man feel you

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/jzw5q9.jpg[/IMG]

Hello :3
The best method I have ever heard of...and use currently even though it is a bit maddening...is to build up your fusing count to about 2000. Try to 6l until you hit 1500, then let Vorici do it.

Hard to have patience for it...but it works and limits the RNG a bit...
There's no secret. There's no strategy. There's no majik 'wait until you get 1200' plan that has ANY influence on this process.

There's only your attitude. You control that. Nothing else matters.

I agree with the attitude...But getting a chance 500 times and then guaranteeing a 6L with the other 1500 is a way to limit the pain. :)
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
"
MegaForce83 wrote:
I like some of the condescending comments in this thread, acting all high and mighty with their superior intellect. I'd really love to see how they keep their cool and calm composure after dumping 7k fuses :^)

I have hit 9k+ a few times in about 1500 6-links. My average is still under 1k each. Most people understand there is RNG involved. And no fusing you spent on an item is gonna make it more likely to fuse the next one you put on it. If you can't deal with this then just use vorici. People that complain about 6linking are just greedy.

While what you say is true it would be a very nice if GGG would add an integer field to the item record for all items with 6 sockets such that it would keep a count of how many fuses have been applied to that item. This "fuses applied" number would be used in the fuse links formula to slowly increase the odds that the next fuse used would roll a higher number of links (the 6L we want to acheive). This would be a number that would be displayed when we press {Alt} so that we can see how many fuses have already been applied. Doing this will make 6 linking an item more crafting and less gambling. Just having a links formula that is not taking into account how many fuses have already been applied for the next fuse link roll is pure rng gambling and is the source of our linking frustration. Knowing how many fuses have already been applied to an item is also a selling value asset meaning that if one player gives up on the 6L (got a 5L and stopped) and sells the item the fact that x many fuses have already been applied will make the item more valuable.

That seems nice, but then if it is applied, there are certain things to consider.
When there's a track on how many fusing used on an item, there should be (or will be) track on how many of other orbs have been used as well (because, why fusings are treated differently, right?). Then, there will be similar issues when some guy post about sinking 5,000 alterations without hitting a merciless on some weapon; or, 1,000 chaos without hitting T1 or T0 life, etc.

However, the frustration is real and it really does not make sense how someone spend 9,000 fusing trying to link an item, that's just ridiculous. I'm no expert in math or coding, but there should be a (hidden or not) brake to this endless fusing sinking. What if this happens to a SSF guy, imagine that.
Besides, I don't think any number above 3,000 fusing to 6l an item is intended by the developer, but somehow it slipped out and happen to some players. Personally I have never spent more than 1,000 to link an item, sometimes I get it within hundreds, sometimes I gave up and lost count. There are many goals to achieve in the game, and 6l an item is one of them, but it is rather a stepping stone to greater goals like killing Uber Elder and all, why should 6 linking an item be that hard after all. It's a grinding game and don't tell me farming 3,000 fusings don't take some serious grinding.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info