7k fusings later, a 6L

I'm past 6000fusing to get 6L... I'm new in PoE and i read dozens of guides when they say it's better to link yourself than pay 1500fusings... Bullshit. Could buy the item with 6L for ~7ex. GAME OVER

I wasn't really keeping track of exactly how many fusings, but it was < 15. I was just hoping for a 5 link.

Moral: never use Vorici
"
Luki_bw wrote:
I'm past 6000fusing to get 6L... I'm new in PoE and i read dozens of guides when they say it's better to link yourself than pay 1500fusings... Bullshit. Could buy the item with 6L for ~7ex. GAME OVER

This is the sad/frustrating/maddening/insane truth of what GGG has coded into PoE. The range of RNG extremes is off the rails and gone to hell (and beyond). GGG may think "working as expected" but for players it's the worst of the worst for trying to roll a 6L. You either get lucky and a 6L is < 100 fusings or get the extreme other bad rng and 6K or 7K fusings later it happens. It really is "game over" for just about all non-full time players. GGG has nothing good for crafting a 6L and it's all bullshit gambling crap.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I like some of the condescending comments in this thread, acting all high and mighty with their superior intellect. I'd really love to see how they keep their cool and calm composure after dumping 7k fuses :^)
"
MegaForce83 wrote:
I like some of the condescending comments in this thread, acting all high and mighty with their superior intellect. I'd really love to see how they keep their cool and calm composure after dumping 7k fuses :^)

I have hit 9k+ a few times in about 1500 6-links. My average is still under 1k each. Most people understand there is RNG involved. And no fusing you spent on an item is gonna make it more likely to fuse the next one you put on it. If you can't deal with this then just use vorici. People that complain about 6linking are just greedy.
I understand the frustration. I got very lucky on my main. A Vis Mortis (well rolled) dropped and I decided to try and dump some fusings into it. Expecting to use all of them (a few hundred) my Vis 6 linked 44 fusings in! I was excited and felt a sense of accomplishment from not only saving tons of currency early on but completing my first 6-link in such short time.

Fast forward a week and I found a perfectly rolled Bronn's Lithe. I decided that I would invest in 6-linking because I knew it would sell for a lot. 2500 fusings later I ended up just selling it for 44 chaos as a 6s and cutting my losses. Moral of the story is: that's RNG for you.

I have learned that I will never rely on fusings to 6 link my first item but instead will just save up and buy it. But it's still nice to roll the dice with "extra" fusings if you find a well rolled piece.
"
MegaForce83 wrote:

They wouldn't.

Hence why alongside all that "condescension" is the advice: Use Vorici

Once you get to 1500 and have not hit a 6L, use Vorici.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
MegaForce83 wrote:

I would be pissed, not because I spent 7k fusing but because I could of used those 7k fusings to link 4 items with some left over fusings to spare and sold everything off for a huge profit.

Rng sucks but there's options here. You can gamble and hope for a win or take the sure thing. Don't get angry at everyone because you chose to gamble and lost.
Last edited by Ratedetar on Apr 3, 2018, 8:56:38 PM
Was fusing a bow today, and I only needed a 4L to use some aura gems + enlightment. Instead, 6L on 2nd fusing. Didn't even have a chance to get a 4L. Getting superstitious that good luck only happens when you least need it lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info