An Item Filter for the Discerning Exile | Ancestors Release | Spectre Filter Alpha

Thanks for the update! I was just beginning to wonder if the filter would be updated or not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can't wait until launch (=next week on consoles).
Release was up on time, now updated again for divination card and unique retiering. GLHF everyone!

Filterblast Link

Follow Link

Edit: Console versions are uploaded. You won't be able to use the filter until the update tomorrow.

Much progress has been made on what's coming. No ETA yet.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Dec 13, 2022, 5:32:23 PM
I hadn't mentioned it yet, but thanks for adding some size sliders in FilterBlast so it is easier to make things bigger :) Some things are slightly too small for me being on consle and a fair distance away from the screen/tv.
"
superdreddie wrote:
I hadn't mentioned it yet, but thanks for adding some size sliders in FilterBlast so it is easier to make things bigger :) Some things are slightly too small for me being on consle and a fair distance away from the screen/tv.

Sure thing! The console versions do already have +4 iirc to their size for all the sliders, but of course the interface is going to be better at getting you your exact results.
Little update for the unique Relics and Invocations.
Started work late December on a new filter. Might begin personal testing within a few days, still need to do mapping/frags + currency but there's a pretty drastic improvement if I do say so myself.

Some things to look forward to:

Spoiler
Equipment gets a background color based on accessory, weapon, or armour, and the background brightens as the sockets/links improve - while remaining sensitive to DropLevel ranges and the maximum socket count on that class.

Spoiler
More intuitive (broad) tiering - Usually Low/Mid/High and Endgame if a fourth is necessary. This is represented in the background brightness of things like Accessories.

Spoiler
Extremely detailed gem appearance behaviors. Gems have a border indicating their type (Skill, Support, Vaal, Drop Only), text brightness indicating quality, background color indicating level or awakened level. Gems become impressive as they become more notable.

Spoiler
Really specific Heist highlighting, for Rogue gear and experimented bases as they become outdated, as well as contracts and blueprints relative to drop level.

Spoiler
Item outdating behaviors are class sensitive and follow irregular level ranges as drop levels change. This means some bases stay up to date longer than others, particularly noticeable with hybrid and ES bases.

Spoiler
A well organized filter!

I really haven't played the league much yet, every time I spent a few minutes playing I had to just stop and work on the filter lol. The new filter is also designed to be fully compatible with Ruthless with minimal tweaking.
It's really coming along nicely. Here are a few previews through filterblast.

Accessories
Spoiler

Heist
Spoiler

Maps
Spoiler

Scarabs
Spoiler

Divinations Cards
Spoiler
Spoiler
Divination Cards: Border color indicates stack size for turning in, blue being 11+, yellow 6-10, rust 2-5, pink for 1 stacks, and red for drop disabled cards

Background color is general worth, it's the main list to change for player customization. Three levels there, dark to bright.

And text color indicates reward type and value, from: Fishing, Drop Disabled, Div Cards (Low, High), Gems (Low, High), Jewels (Low, High), Item Bases (Low, Mid, High, 6 Linked), Maps (Low, High, Fragments, Challenges), Uniques (Low, Mid, High), Currency (Low, Mid, High, Peak)

Feedback is welcome, still WIP!
Looks very nice :)

Personally I don't really care for (or need) different background or border colors, because I'm a noob and don't really know the value/crafting impact/etc of any one item. But as long as it is consistent where lighter colors mean better items, I'm all for it.

I am a bit worried about the coloring of for example the Unset Ring and some of the divination cards like 'Etched in Blood' and 'Friendship', that they could be hard to read for me on console + tv, because it looks like there is not enough contrast between background and text color. I am in the process of ajdusting/recalibrating the colors on my tv so hopefully that would fix things for me!
"
superdreddie wrote:
Looks very nice :)

Personally I don't really care for (or need) different background or border colors, because I'm a noob and don't really know the value/crafting impact/etc of any one item. But as long as it is consistent where lighter colors mean better items, I'm all for it.
Yeah brighter is better. Borders on certain items - like Scarabs, Heist contracts/blueprints, Div Cards (well, it indicates how close the card is to a full stack), and Maps - sometimes follow a tiering mechanism that's pretty easy when there are only a few properties to sort into the border:

The border gets the same colors as the base game rarities, so gray > blue > yellow > bronze. This is probably most visible in Scarabs in the example.

Both Spirit and this new filter are intended to help people sort of intuitively learn those values you mentioned, as they're SSF oriented. This new one is much better are sniping bases but I can't really show off the main filtering because of the "wide" nature of it (you should be able to better see at a glance how many attack weapons, caster weapons, accessories, armours or other item types there are as well as how to prioritize picking them up).

"
superdreddie wrote:
I am a bit worried about the coloring of for example the Unset Ring and some of the divination cards like 'Etched in Blood' and 'Friendship', that they could be hard to read for me on console + tv, because it looks like there is not enough contrast between background and text color. I am in the process of ajdusting/recalibrating the colors on my tv so hopefully that would fix things for me!
I'll tweak those, definitely let me know anywhere that's an issue. It also happens with Spirit currently under some conditions but I'm trying to eliminate any legibility issues with this new one.

There's a constant struggle with it because even at the base level any previews from Filterblast are close but not 1:1 with whatever visual filtering happens in-game, which is also different between my two monitors, and then again across anyone else's monitor lol.
Last edited by Felix35071 on Jan 13, 2023, 11:49:32 AM
I want to expand on div card filtering since it's pretty layered. I went through all 420+ Divination Cards yesterday and sorted them by reward type (and tiering within reward type) in one list and stack size in another list.

Divination Cards will NO LONGER BE TIED TO NEVERSINK'S TIERING, previously I simply retiered them a bit after his releases (with permission). I've been talking about wanting to do this for a while now, and now it's done. After this is settled and tweaked, I'll only need to add new cards as they come - the relative value of each card is easily changed by adding them to one of two background-highlight promotion sections, meaning I don't need to adjust anything in their primary filtering again unless the card itself changes its reward or stack size.

Reward type is indicated by the text color and the brightness indicates tier:
Bright Green (with a red border) = Drop disabled
Grey > White = Item Bases, White is a 6L
Yellow = Currency
Dim green = Maps or Fragments
Red = Mapping challenges
Rust > Bright Orange = Uniques
Blue = Jewels
Cyan = Gems
Purple = Div Cards
Pink = Fishing

Stack size for turn-in is indicated by the border color, from blue (11+) > yellow (6-10) > bronze (2-5) > pink (1). This provides a rough indicator for how reasonable it might be to try and farm this card, after taking into account its reward tier and type. For example, a bronze bordered card with dim unique text might represent an easy farm (such as Hubris or Mitts) and a yellow bordered card with medium currency (yellow) text might indicate a more challenging farm (like The Saint's Treasure). A card like Seven Years Bad Luck has a blue border and the brightest level of currency text (plus the top tier background), indicating a nearly impossible farm. On the other end, something like The Cataclysm with a dim gem reward and blue border is just not worth the farm.

MinimapIcon and beam effects are also in place to indicate the reward type and tier. Sounds for cards follow regular currency tiering, rather than a sound set unique to div cards.

I plan to add behavior for detecting the present stack's percentage of turn-in with a border override but that's secondary to some other work that needs doing. Would be nice for card gambling but really minimal effect otherwise.
Last edited by Felix35071 on Jan 13, 2023, 12:37:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info