An Item Filter for the Discerning Exile | Ancestors Release | Spectre Filter Alpha

I found the filterblast interface a bit confusing to use but I'll look into it more as it does seem very powerful in order to tune the filter. On another note, is there any (easy) way using custom sounds with this filter? I've used StupidFatHobbit's filter in the past and I fell in love with the custom sounds (in this case, sonic) used in the example setup and would if possible use it with this filter as well.

Been going through act 9/10 and haven't found anything really sticking out quite yet besides the previous mentioned request about archetypes/finetuning but again I'll filterblast a shot, thanks!
"
Chiisato wrote:
I found the filterblast interface a bit confusing to use but I'll look into it more as it does seem very powerful in order to tune the filter. On another note, is there any (easy) way using custom sounds with this filter? I've used StupidFatHobbit's filter in the past and I fell in love with the custom sounds (in this case, sonic) used in the example setup and would if possible use it with this filter as well.

Been going through act 9/10 and haven't found anything really sticking out quite yet besides the previous mentioned request about archetypes/finetuning but again I'll filterblast a shot, thanks!

Yeah it still needs some work lol but it can selectively cut drops down to very minimal visible items - I'm pretty blind to its usability at this point but this interface is much faster to make presets with than the old one (though still pretty crude). Also not everything has a filterblast option and I'm open to ideas.

I've been meaning to look into custom sounds for a while actually, been looking through the PoE sound files for fun ones (thinking of offering a pack that's a mix of atziri/shaper/maven). The big flavor thing I want to do is use Shaper's old voice lines for entering maps when a T16 drops, so you'd get "Verdant life blossoms amidst death." when a Waste Pool drops and "Water vanishes; an impromptu prison becomes a tomb." when an Arid Lake drops.

I imagine you could edit them in just fine, you can Ctrl+F in the downloaded filter for AlertSound and switch out the PlayAlertSoundPositional line for CustomAlertSound <FileName | FileFullPath> where FileName is in "quotes" (like "sh_alchemy.mp3") and the path can be ignored IF the sound files are in the same folder as the filter (you can open this folder from the button by the filter options in-game). So it's doable but probably a bit tedious. Dunno if that classifies as "easy" haha.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"
Felix35071 wrote:
"
Chiisato wrote:

Yeah it still needs some work lol but it can selectively cut drops down to very minimal visible items - I'm pretty blind to its usability at this point but this interface is much faster to make presets with than the old one (though still pretty crude). Also not everything has a filterblast option and I'm open to ideas.

I've been meaning to look into custom sounds for a while actually, been looking through the PoE sound files for fun ones (thinking of offering a pack that's a mix of atziri/shaper/maven). The big flavor thing I want to do is use Shaper's old voice lines for entering maps when a T16 drops, so you'd get "Verdant life blossoms amidst death." when a Waste Pool drops and "Water vanishes; an impromptu prison becomes a tomb." when an Arid Lake drops.

I imagine you could edit them in just fine, you can Ctrl+F in the downloaded filter for AlertSound and switch out the PlayAlertSoundPositional line for CustomAlertSound <FileName | FileFullPath> where FileName is in "quotes" (like "sh_alchemy.mp3") and the path can be ignored IF the sound files are in the same folder as the filter (you can open this folder from the button by the filter options in-game). So it's doable but probably a bit tedious. Dunno if that classifies as "easy" haha.

I'll give it a try regarding the custom sounds, yeah the filterblast interface works. I'll play around with it and see if I can adjust the filter towards my build (lightning conduit, like everyone else) and see how it feels in maps. Thanks again!
"
Felix35071 wrote:
Any specific examples that would help?

I've been using the filter for quite a while and I really like the visual guides you posted in the past, would it be possible for you to take a screenshot in your average map (like the twilight temple one) and show each item plus explain the colors and borders? Ie, why is this rare showing and what does the border represent etc, kinda like the one you did with corrupt items.
"
Chiisato wrote:
I've been using the filter for quite a while and I really like the visual guides you posted in the past, would it be possible for you to take a screenshot in your average map (like the twilight temple one) and show each item plus explain the colors and borders? Ie, why is this rare showing and what does the border represent etc, kinda like the one you did with corrupt items.

There is some difficulty to this because the highlight might change by area level or item level, but I got to T16s then didn't play for a bit (back now, made a Retch SSF so gotta play around with that) so I'll see about getting some more examples.
Spoiler
There are a handful on the OP under some spoilers if you haven't seen all those. Also at the bottom of the OP is the README which has the Methodology for shapes/colors.

What are your thoughts so far? Also any more specific examples that would be useful?

Here's one from a screenshot I'd taken already for this purpose. Think this is an 81 Delve or thereabouts. It does use a custom preset which is why the ring has a pink beam, and this is showing hidden because the only shown items here are the ring and cobalt jewel. I put dots on the left side of the nameplate for items to indicate what they are with the key at the bottom right. Also pointing out some base defence rolls.
Spoiler

I'll see about doing one for specifically rare items soon. Mostly the borders indicate item level (outdated > up to date > chaos recipe viable > regal recipe viable > high level (80) > pinnacle level (86)) but when an item is mirrored, fractured, corrupted, etc that can be overridden. If you drop an influenced item its text color will be overridden instead.
Last edited by Felix35071 on Sep 6, 2022, 8:48:24 PM
"
Chiisato wrote:

...why is this rare showing...

Did something for this one today

I've also been unknowingly playing with a version where high bd% weren't hiding under certain circumstances so fixing that now for the presets. More rare items will show now during Acts especially.

Edit: "High" in the image should be Near-Perfect and "Middling" should be High, I was off by a tier. The Base Defence tiers are Low > Middling > High > Near Perfect > Perfect, each indicated by the text brightness. Also the Wyrm mace is normal not rare, had an extra line there from another edit.
Last edited by Felix35071 on Sep 7, 2022, 1:52:15 PM
"
Felix35071 wrote:
"
Chiisato wrote:

...why is this rare showing...

Did something for this one today

I've also been unknowingly playing with a version where high bd% weren't hiding under certain circumstances so fixing that now for the presets. More rare items will show now during Acts especially.

Edit: "High" in the image should be Near-Perfect and "Middling" should be High, I was off by a tier. The Base Defence tiers are Low > Middling > High > Near Perfect > Perfect, each indicated by the text brightness. Also the Wyrm mace is normal not rare, had an extra line there from another edit.

Thank you, this is indeed what I was looking for! Would it be possible to have one with examples where it's getting overwritten due to being mirrored/fractured/something else causing it to change from the usual color/icon.
Redoing the guide since it was incorrect, here's a partial one

As for other properties, mirrored items have a blue border, enchanted a cyan border, fractured are green and synthesised are bright blue. Don't have a good example set for that yet but working on it.
"
Felix35071 wrote:
Redoing the guide since it was incorrect, here's a partial one

As for other properties, mirrored items have a blue border, enchanted a cyan border, fractured are green and synthesised are bright blue. Don't have a good example set for that yet but working on it.

Aight, thank you, again!
Hi all, been a minute. A small update is ready for Sanctum's launch. It won't be available until a few hours before the league goes up. It's pretty small and just covers the new information (relics etc). There may be tweaks I made over the past couple months, not sure.

Unfortunately there won't be a Ruthless filter available at launch, though the reason for this is I've been building some previously mentioned changes to the filter (in the shiny update) that will take some time to test. Experimenting with going without the up-to-date border (items would simply shrink as they become outdated instead) to open up the background for things like item class grouping (accessories/weapons/armours each getting a background color).

Thanks for your patience.

Edit: Update is up. Only preliminary tiering for some uniques and new div cards. Have to go out for a while, hoping to be back in time for launch and will update again with Neversink's tiers some time today. If you want the filter to work in Ruthless you can just download a copy and Replace all "Hide" with "Show", and save it as a .ruthlessfilter file.
Last edited by Felix35071 on Dec 9, 2022, 10:14:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info