An Item Filter for the Discerning Exile | Ancestors Release | Spectre Filter Alpha

Have you considered publishing these in-game? I'd love to just subscribe to them.
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Have you considered publishing these in-game? I'd love to just subscribe to them.

This is something that's been requested before, making the default filter available is pretty trivial (done!) but the customization is present only on Filterblast by its nature.

Spoiler
(Nice closed beta title btw)

----

* Fixed talisman transparent background
* Adjusted the intensity of some highlights (rare items with outdated affixes are less close to the unique color)
* Split Running Shoes into two, one very early using the magic item safety net and the other somewhat later using the rare safety net. Boots of any level will display if identified to have movement speed, but Unid boots fall off based on the safety nets.
* Removed minimap icons from 3/4 links while hiding, as well as from top end flasks in high level zones.
* Tightened some leveling defaults.
* Changed Grasping Mail from an Atlas Base (was a guess) to the sacrificial garb "special base" highlight.
* Some other minor tweaks

Edit: More tweaks

* Adjusted how linked items are handled, to be class dependent (three links have a stronger appearance early on regardless of base, after level 12 the filtering looks at what the maximum number of links on that base it, other than 6L capable items which use 5L instead (with a lighter highlight for 5 socket items as well). 6Ls have a beam effect now too.

--

I still need to retier uniques and div cards but that'll come a bit later.

The default filter should be available for in-game sync now, unless I've borked something up.

https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/OVxKosE

Sometime down the line I might look into a handful of presets, but really the strength of the filter is in setting it up to your personal needs so these would act as jump off points rather than replacing customization.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Apr 21, 2021, 10:24:45 PM
Hi Felix, cool filter, really like it. I'm playing SSF and would like to show all maps. Strand was not shown, only icon.
How can I enable this?
Last edited by gluttons on Apr 23, 2021, 4:15:07 AM
"
gluttons wrote:
Hi Felix, cool filter, really like it. I'm playing SSF and would like to show all maps. Strand was not shown, only icon.
How can I enable this?

Hey, I've made maps show at all stages by default, and added a toggle to filterblast to re-hide outdated maps (or Remove, which stops maps from being treated as outdated at all <outdated maps have a smaller minimap icon and no drop sound>).

- Removed chancing from the default synced filter, as those bases are a bit too plentiful even in low maps.

- Extended the level Scrolls stop showing at to 75.

- Removed a few more "top tier" mods (mostly Stun or flask related, or with only one tier) to make the highlight more consistent.
Last edited by Felix35071 on Apr 23, 2021, 4:57:18 PM
Is it intended that highlighting icons are used despite the item itself already being filtered out?

I'm using the default filter without any adjustments.
"
Merwise wrote:
Is it intended that highlighting icons are used despite the item itself already being filtered out?

I'm using the default filter without any adjustments.

Sometimes, yes. In this case the items are Identified (Hexagons on the minimap indicate something to do with affixes), which is broad enough and rare enough of a mechanism to show icons "just in case". After affix filtering sees some more love this may change.
Spirit+ is updated for 3.15/Expedition! As usual if there are issues post launch the filter will be updated ASAP. Until the league launches, the updated filter won't function in game (I'll turn the synced version on tomorrow before launch).

*Added support for the release and BaseType changes included
*Tweaked some text/background colors to be less harsh in contrast to other highlighting
*Disabled Atlas Region background highlighting, as I don't have that information yet (last time poe.db had it by now), will re-enable once I do.

Hope the launch goes well, it's going to be quite the fresh experience.

-

I neglected to add console versions last patch (you "could" just copy the filter and change the platform, but that loses the syncing function unless I'm missing something) so this time around those'll be there. Have played a bit on PS4, and the filter seems well suited to the interface there (plus you don't need to swap to stricter versions as with Neversink's included filter, until much later).

If anyone has feedback or ideas, particularly MF players and racers, I'd love to hear it.

I know some kind of graphical guide/tutorial would be helpful, as the game has a huge variety of item properties that mix and match here (thanks to the Continue function and Dissolator's Filterblast syntax), but at the same time I don't know if anyone will really opt to memorize dozens of highlighting behaviors that sometimes change patch to patch.
Last edited by Felix35071 on Jul 22, 2021, 8:25:41 PM
All set for launch, console versions are available to sync as well (they're still on the past release until Expedition hits them in under a week). If you have the synced version already it should update without any further input when you load into the game.

I've been playing the game for a long time, and am cautiously optimistic about the nerf wave. We shall see. Enjoy the game everyone!
Filter is updated for the new patch! Glad I was online.

- Thrusting One Hand Swords are a thing again
- Retiered Uniques
- Tweaked the Passive reward Quest item background color to be less harsh
Minor update for the filter, synced versions and Filterblast are updated.

* Retiered Divination Cards
* Fixed the hiding of specific Synthesised bases (those with no properties other than having a weird implicit)
* Added "of the Order" and "Chosen" to Betrayal affixes (hiding these was mostly fine as it applied only to identified unveiled items without other interesting properties/good modifiers, but showing them is probably a good idea as insurance).

Preview Explanation
Spoiler
The top is an item with a Synthesized implicit modifier (and so Background), the border is a faded yellow as the base is outdated for this area and the text is likewise dim because the item is identified with several outdated affixes. The bottom is a rare accessory (the border) with crafted cooldown recovery "of the Order" (with the special Betrayal modifier Background) that has a high tier modifier (in this case T2 Life, giving the bright blue text color).

I'll try to put more previews in over time, as having some examples in the thread may help it gain traction even though you can check the filter previews in Filterblast for a variety of situations.
Last edited by Felix35071 on Jul 31, 2021, 7:40:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info