An Item Filter for the Discerning Exile | Ancestors Release | Spectre Filter Alpha

Small update, removed a few Affixes from Bracket23 (Top tier affixes). These were mostly from modifier families with few members, whose top tiers appear proportionally more often.

Does anyone have feedback after trying it? I'm either looking to add better sorting for currency or general strictness options next, but no estimate when. The filter offers quite a lot already from the default config, but using Filterblast.xyz enables a customization UI with quite a lot of options (down to which modifiers you care about) - at the cost of being perhaps a bit clumsy in presentation (another thing I'd like to refresh).
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on Sep 16, 2021, 11:08:28 PM
Preliminary Scourge Update
*Lots of tweaks to make backgrounds a little less harsh in certain combinations - quest items, top base highlighting, atlas bases, etc
*Support for Scourge additions, other than Base Defence Percentile which I need to test personally to see what works there
*Brought Perandus out behind the barn for most references
*Retiering will come later
*Reinstated the Atlas Base background to match the region dropping the item, though maps getting region backgrounds will wait for PoEDB to have that information

This update WILL NOT FUNCTION until the expansion launches. The synced versions of the filter will update right before release (this is the Filterblast upload) so if you subscribe here https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Felix35071/item-filters it'll be handled automatically.

Notes: This update does not include Base Defence Percentile filtering, not sure without proper testing how I want to handle it so expect an update shortly after release (day 1-2). I'll likely re-tier Divination Cards, Uniques, etc at the same time. I'm eyeing some larger scoped changes sometime in the future to clean up the Filterblast interface and enable templates for builds (so I can upload several presets as opposed to a single default + optional Filterblast customization). Also still looking to redo how I handle currency to allow for better control with MF and at large quantities.

Of course, if there are any issues let me know and I'll get on them right away. Also as usual any feedback is appreciated.

Edit: I am anticipating potentially breaking errors on launch, depending on how GGG handled the changes to affixes. If modifier names were removed then the affix filtering section of the filter will catch any of those and not work, in this case just remove those specific terms in the text file until it parses, or wait for a fix.

Edit 2: Seems the filter parses fine, just keep in mind that the new affixes aren't accounted for yet. It does seem like the synced filters didn't refresh, which is concerning and I wonder how widespread of an issue, so for now download from Filterblast until that works (nothing I can do on my end).

Edit 3: Synced filters work again, seems there was some delay in pushing updates.
Last edited by Felix35071 on Oct 22, 2021, 5:06:31 PM
Still working on this first post-launch update, it's more significant than anticipated (I'm implementing Percentile filtering as a core feature rather than a highlight specific to endgame).

This comes with quite a few changes to the structure of the filter for Equipment:
- Text color is dedicated to Rarity and its brightness relates to Percentile.
- Background color is dedicated to "base properties" such as significant link or socket counts, or a drop-restricted nature of the item. If there are no significant properties for the base, the color is determined by whether the item is up to date for the area.
- Background color is overridden by IDing the item, revealing whether it passes inspection or possesses disqualifying affixes or superqualifiers. Influenced items, veiled items, and other special affix related filtering already happened on the Background so this change makes the filter more consistent overall.
- Border Color is dedicated to "dynamic" properties, the base level of which is whether an item is up to date for the zone (a rare has a bright yellow Border that dims once a better base is available). Other properties such as corruption and race potential (early boots for movespeed) are represented here as well.

I've been playing and tweaking it since late day 1, and it adds a welcome variety to looting even if just aesthetically imo.

This is just a handful of loot from Hillock (farming for Oni). The simple robe is perfect, with the next highest normal item being the plate vest, then rawhide gloves+goathide buckler, then the wool gloves, and lastly the plate vest. The Rare goathide buckler is perfect and the shabby jerkin is middling and so has dimmer text.
Last edited by Felix35071 on Oct 24, 2021, 7:29:05 PM
Update is out, it's a pretty significant one.

*Kind of an overhaul of how equipment is handled visually (visibility wise there have been some tweaks which are still ongoing). The text color highlight of identified items is now on the background, with text color representing rarity and base defense (dimming at lower rolls and hiding as you level for normal and magic bases).
*Tweaks to many other backgrounds and borders, been playing and messing with it as new combinations arise.
*Adjustments to background transparency in various areas
*Added a border highlight for items with corrupted implicits AND scourge modifiers
*Fixed some bugs (hidden identified jewels with affixes sharing the name of lower tier modifiers than the item level of a comparable equipment item)

Here's an example of how backgrounds, border, and text highlights can interact to end up looking pretty varied off a handful of gear.

The next update will come with retiering and probably a rework to currency, would have liked to do tiering now but I'm putting more attention toward the background highlight changes
Last edited by Felix35071 on Oct 26, 2021, 10:28:02 PM
Sizable update plus economy refresh

*Retiered Divination Cards, Uniques, Oils, Prophecies, etc

*Adjusted the displays of the different tiers of Uniques, Div Cards (also gained a tier), Oils, and Prophecies.

*Adjusted a handful of backgrounds or switched them to borders where there was overlap with other properties.

*Extended the initial tutorial information in the Filterblast UI, including steps to quickly increase strictness which mirror some of what I did for the presets below.

*Added a Feature: Lucky Colors (Racing) - Set a color combo to highlight items for your build.

*Added strictness toggles for (Uniques) and started on (Currency), so you can disable uniques by tier if you want (derived from Neversink's tiers). Currency strictness is currently limited to Divination Cards by tier.

*Added a new very experimental Feature: Dream Items - Set a particular combination of properties for a desired item. These include BaseType, Rarity, Sockets, Links, and whether it should be Corrupted or not, as well as toggles for some of them to make them exact results (specifically corrupted normal rarity unset rings, for example)

*Added a filter to adjust the default behaviors of top tier bases in (General Strictness) in case you want to hide ALL rares or some subset of the top ones, or add a highlight to certain bases. It overrides any highlights below it (most of them) so don't use it to affect bases with other special properties like influences and fractured mods (just peak base types).

*Probably more idk

----------

I also added a couple presets for strictness for subscribing (more changes than listed but you'll get the idea I hope). If any console followers come in I can add copies for those too.

Pregeared
Spoiler
This setting for the filter assumes that you don't need rare items while leveling, and disables the safety nets (what forces items to show in Twilight Strand and keeps rares visible until mid 20s), and most race highlights. A few things will show until you reach AreaLevel 5 and they become outdated.
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/89AOZTE

Lite
Spoiler
This setting does the same as Pregeared but also hides Rare accessories, Utility flasks, endgame weapons, and mixed defense endgame bases.
https://www.pathofexile.com/item-filter/7WxEJIP
Last edited by Felix35071 on Nov 28, 2021, 12:04:32 AM
Small addition to bring visibility back in line (the effect of the new presets was less obvious in early game where many items show Base Defence highlights).

*Added (Base Defences) so the filter can safely hide many more items, with lots of sliders. The new presets take this into account so they should be much cleaner now. The default filter also becomes more strict thanks to this, though it still won't hide updated rares even if their BD% is terrible. The Lite preset however, will hide items of any BD% at all (they must have other properties in order to show, beyond being a top base for the area).

*Also tightened up the levels on regular Base Defence filtering and early leveling thresholds in a couple spots.

I'd really appreciate feedback, it seems like the presets were a step in the right direction but all I'm doing is copy+pasting from a progressively tighter setup in Filterblast. Is the interface just too crazy? There are quite a few functions I can't realistically make presets for due to how varied they are (Weapons, Armour, Mapping, Affixes, etc) and making something like a video for it feels like a lot.
Any ideas for further presets? Magic Find seems obvious enough, probably a couple variants (but I don't know how much it's needed) to cover player wealth.
Just wanted to say that I really love your filter. I've been using Neversinks for years, but from now on I will only use yours. Hope you will be updating it for 3.17.
"
beazt_ wrote:
Just wanted to say that I really love your filter. I've been using Neversinks for years, but from now on I will only use yours. Hope you will be updating it for 3.17.

Wow, high praise. Thanks! :D

I've been dealing with some long term health issues for about a month, but am slowly improving. I'll be sure to update for the expansion/league, though larger changes are paused atm (though I think the filter is in a pretty good spot atm?).

Can you explain a bit of why you're switching? I get the question every so often and don't really have a great answer beyond "it's an alternative to economy-based filtering". The filter does a ton (Continue syntax alone is huge), but explaining it all is way beyond the one-liner people seem to expect hah.
Sorry to hear about your health issues but im glad you are doing better!

The reason why I changed to your filter is because it makes it so easy to know what to pick up and what not to pick up. Everything have a special colour and/or symbol. And for me, your colourscheme fits my style so damn good that its odly pleasing to look at :D
The only thing i am editing is the sounds. After so many years with the sounds of Neversinks filters, it is really hard to adjust - but everything else is so well done!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info