Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

"
Arcis wrote:
afaik, the main reason people want a SSF league is so the game doesn't have to be balanced around the fact that trading will always be much more efficient than soloing. if there are no additional benefits to playing SSF, i think this has missed the point.

If that's the main reason, then I don't support it. I like being able to trade myself (as do, I suspect, the majority of the playerbase - who do trade) and I'd rather have the game balanced around that. For the minority of people who want the entire game rebalanced around their preferred playstyle, sorry, no dice.

Nor would additional benefits work with such a mode since you can switch leagues very easily and hence abuse it for an economic advantage. Disabling that option, on the other hand, would take away the freedom to shift playstyles when desired while continuing with that same character.

So no thanks. This approach seems sensible enough to me.
"
"
Arcis wrote:
afaik, the main reason people want a SSF league is so the game doesn't have to be balanced around the fact that trading will always be much more efficient than soloing. if there are no additional benefits to playing SSF, i think this has missed the point.

This

well technically this will remove the RMT portion completely, so it might be interesting to see the top ladder! competing will actually mean something other than how long is your credit card sword
Really like the formalising of this play option.

I prefer to exclusively SSF simply because I cant be bothered with trading as im still trying to learn the game, let alone the "value" of things.

Its nice to see the stash will be shared between SSF toons too.

No additional drops, no fancy weird additional rules otherwise its not the same game is it .. which entirely defeats the purpose.
"PoE will never be on consoles"
"PoE will never have SSF League"

ahahahah, never say never. It's a shame SSF league won't have smart loot.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

It would be nice if class specific drops were a bit more common in ssf.
Hell yes!
I will be returning for this!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, it is that we are powerful beyond measure.
Finally, a move in the right direction!

This is promising, Chris, I really want to see how this develops. And yeah, I'll play it for sure.
and now in german plz >_<
I've only ever played SSF and would have continued playing this way regardless of the news. However, I'm really pleased you've decided to give formal recognition to this way of playing PoE. Thanks GGG :)
Interesting, might give it a go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info