Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

As far as i'm concerned, self-found alone would definitely make me happy.
Just no trade, no access to other players allocations/drops whatsoever, but the possibility to play with people following the same restrictions.
Would be way more popular i think, not to mention players sick of trading would probably play the game longer...
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Thank you very much. Really looking forward to this.
That's exactly what i wanted, for sure i'll start playing again as soon as this SSF league/server gets added to the game, thank you GGG.
Be a LEADER when you see a path others have missed,and Be a FOLLOWER when you are shrouded in the midst of uncertainty.
I have played PoE mostly as a SSF player (barring 2 or 3 late game items when I got bored of hitting a wall in maps) and I really cant see the point of an implementation like this.

At least I play SSF mostly because I don't care about the social stuff (party-trades), and the only "reward" of activating this SSF mode is bragging rights (more social stuff). Why would I go through the effort of keeping this new mode and lose the chance of partying with friends (yeah right, noone lasted more than a week on PoE) or picking an interesting unique once in a blue moon if I'm not even going to notice the new mode 90% of the time?
"
DragonmWhite wrote:
Ok, after reading most of the comments i saw a few people who thinks this new server for SSF won't work bc there is no advantage over playing normally. First of all, i think there is no need for advantages bc it is an option and everyone who plays SSF want it to be challenging. But i also though on a few ways to balance SSF and make it more viable, but on the other hand as u can transfer items to normal leagues it would break it, increases low value currency drop alterations and jewellers are the most important ones. Make cheap unique items easier to get, either increasing drop ratio or changing orb of chance odds (MAROHI ERQI, this item is worth 1c and it is super important for a lot of builds). As i said b4 i think the SSF league should be the same as normal ones but here are a few ideas in any case. Also i think players should get a small reward for playing SSF and reaching certain objectives, something like a small icon next to your name or a color in chat or just something to make people feel good. If u make it to here thx for reading !!

This is literally going against the point of SSF.

SSF is meant to be a challenge. If you can get a marohi so easy then you would be back to t15 with no issues.
Why so serious?
This sounds AMAZING. Perfect implementation too. Thank you GGG. Every time I think I'm done with PoE you bring me back somehow :)
Thanks for adding this to the game.

Although I have never truly played SSF for long, this gives me a reason to play the game outside of leagues. I normally get 24 or 36 challenges for the rewards and rest until the new league is out.

I am hoping I will be able to -finally- have some meaningful STANDARD progression instead of a dumping ground. Will probably aim for my challenges and then convert to playing SSF so that I can progress at my own rate, which will trickle into my Standared SSF.
IGN: EmptyPalms
Last edited by EmptyPalms on Jan 22, 2017, 11:32:36 PM
"
Arcis wrote:
afaik, the main reason people want a SSF league is so the game doesn't have to be balanced around the fact that trading will always be much more efficient than soloing. if there are no additional benefits to playing SSF, i think this has missed the point.

Not really, the benefit of playing SSF was, as the post puts it, bragging rights. But because it was an honour system, there was no real way to know for sure if you wanted to compete with other SSF players.

Now, you can.

I honestly didn't expect this to come through, but I'm happy that it has. This is going to make quite a few players excited.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Druga1757 wrote:
"PoE will never be on consoles"
"PoE will never have SSF League"

ahahahah, never say never. It's a shame SSF league won't have smart loot.

Do you have a source for either of those quotes? I don't recall them ever saying either of those things. And no, players don't speak for the company.
"
Chris wrote:
"
Arcis wrote:
afaik, the main reason people want a SSF league is so the game doesn't have to be balanced around the fact that trading will always be much more efficient than soloing. if there are no additional benefits to playing SSF, i think this has missed the point.

Getting a fair playing field is really important to people who don't want to engage in trade.

I'm sure the two leagues will play out at massively different paces, and that's totally fine with us.

Some of us are just tired of grindy systems designed entirely around trade and desire better SSF progression. For example 1/380+ endgame lab helm enchants feels excessive and overly punitive for SSF. With no changes to these systems SSF is simply a formal handicap that players can opt in to.

Reading the announcement I was excited for a mode where playing to win felt good rather than simply masochistic next to trade to win. Reading the details I've lost all interest.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jan 22, 2017, 11:34:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info