Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

This is the only way I've ever played the game. I didn't even realize it was something to brag about (though I did wonder why when someone asked me if I wanted to trade and I told him I prefer to find my own gear he responded with a sarcastic sounding "good luck with that"). o_O

I enjoy the treasure hunt of these sort of games, the potential to always find something I've never seen before, and just being handed it by another player takes away from that excitement.

Though this does go a long way towards explaining how I've spent 770 hours thus far playing the game and have yet to make it far enough in a league to see any end game content before the next league starts, when others seem to be blazing through it in the first weekend. I thought I was just slow.

I would like to experience the end maps someday. I'm considering just not attempting the next league just so I can stick with the same character for six months or so. It would be nice if I could keep playing the same character in the same league past the end date somehow, but that sounds like it would make things complicated on your end. Another solution would be for leagues to be six months or more, but then that will be unpopular with players that beat merciless in the first week of a league.

One other thing that might be worth considering in the future is some option to still allow players in this mode to at least party up with others if they want to play with friends without ditching solo self found, even if it meant a SSF player's gear drops was instanced so that they couldn't see others' drops and no one else could see their own drops.

Also, I'm not sure if it's implied by the mode, but it might be convenient if towns were instanced to a solitary player, both for the feeling of seclusion and also because it would remove the bandwidth of transmitting all those other players' appearance and position data, potentially providing a smoother experience in town.

Anyway, I'm actually pretty excited to play in this mode, not for the bragging rights so much as not having people think I'm crazy whenever I refuse to even accept a gift from them.
"
TheVoid wrote:
one word: awesome!

Imagine - you get Exalt drop. What to yolo? :) Again - chaos. What to enhance? Map? Some item you need better stats?
All essences - need to collect all, try to get highest ones to use :) All jews, fuses - saved up for Vorici bench OR try luck to get 6s/6L? Oh man. Just different play style for all aspects of game :)

And lab enchants - to get the right one? Do it or leave lab untouched?... etc etc etc. ssf is ssf
Thank you for exposing SSF players

'It's important to stress that the expectation is that most SSF characters do turn into regular characters eventually. Some players just last longer than others before they decide to party up or trade. For example, you might play to level 20 before you decide to trade for a rare item that triples your killspeed. Your friend might play all the way to low maps before she wants to start trading. These scores of level 20 and 70 respectively would be recorded on the SSF ladder.'
sounds good to me.

played ssf during dominion and the next league after that coz i dont know that poe.xyz exist that time but yeah its will be fun i might tried it.
how about guild? can we share item in guild stash with other guild member?
Savour these moments, for they may never return.
"
shghostell wrote:
how about guild? can we share item in guild stash with other guild member?

Oh men, so SOLO means to allow use guild members help?
I would prefer this if it was still possible to party with other people. Adding people to the party should of course NOT increase item drop rates nor item rarity for any player. Monster health should increase as you add more players to the Party to partly off-set the increased killing power of a party.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jan 22, 2017, 11:56:24 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
sounds awesome, Ill be doing some of this from time to time.

One request I would have Chris is that the chat channels etc are not integrated with the regular parent league. I think the chat channels should just be for solo self found so it can form its own little community, when items are linked in chat you know thats a ssf item, when advice is asked for you know thats within the rules of ssf. I think people would bond more, have more in common, thats my take anyway.

cheers.

I wanna say that I agree with this, although I am not a true SSF only player.
IGN: EmptyPalms
Oh yeaahhhh, keep the awesome stuff coming !
I would prefer a perm ladder over a short league. The whole point of SSF is that you can take your time and progress in you're spare time and still see the progress and ranking, at least for me.
Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Jan 23, 2017, 12:00:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info