Path of Exile is Coming to Xbox One!

"
Ain_Soph_Aur wrote:
Sorry you are having issues with it but mine runs smooth as silk for me...

Ditto. On all of my systems. My old one, my new one, my work PC, and even on my ancient (2010) laptop with an NVIDIA NVS GPU. All of those complaining about performance issues either don't know how to correct performance problems on their computers or have connectivity issues.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
I normally buy a supporter pack or at least $20 worth of items every league. I will now stop buying anything from GGG. I don't give you my money to spend on a console port that I will not play and keep the game from performing to is maximum potential because it has to be held to the xbox specs. Will there be an option to get my wasted money back?
To be honest, I don't like this at all. One year ago I bought a new and very expensive desktop with good spec just to play PoE properly, I spend alot in microtransactions to let them improve this game. If too many people are going to swap to xbox and the PC comunity will go low, the PC version gets affected or neglected. At the other hand it may give POE a financial boost so it can be better for the game. For some reason this feels like a threat and like a stab in my back buying all these supporterpacks.

Last edited by MyBallsOnYaChin on Jan 19, 2017, 3:00:54 PM
Will Poe be free to play on Xbox as well?
I believe it will, but a clarification on this point is crucial, because:

IMHO:
A pay-to-play console disc version would self-finance itself with sales, considering that the huge PC users base would be seen by a new player as a guarantee that his money won't be wasted on this game, it's basically a slamdunk.
More so, once in he will feel the crazy hype we know so good, will buy MTX to look good, will tell his friends to buy as well, so they can party, and so on. "Money money money money money money money money moneeeeeeey"
It's risky, because then GGG efforts would go mainly where the money is (disc buyers) and the PC version could suffer a drop in development, but I feel the risk of losing us entirely can cover that.

So, how's it gonna be?

Thx for any answer :)

This is just a post to educate those complaining that they 'funded' the xbox version unknowingly.

The Xbox one uses a DirectX11 architecture. This is the same architecture that just seriously upped performance for PC users. So you funded better performance on PC, it just happens that changing a Directx11 PC game to a Directx11 Xbox game is little more than a file conversion, and all they had to do after that was some fine-tuning for the UI and controller.

So unless you're saying that you think DirectX11 was a terrible use of the money, you shouldn't complain.

Just a PSA. There are plenty of reasons to be concerned or worried, if you're so inclined, but this one is very silly.
"
haxanator wrote:
I will now stop buying anything from GGG.

And countless console users will replace you. It's going to be ok.
"
KalidhoS wrote:

They said it will be free, yes.
Of coarse it wont be free to play, poor console peasants need to pay to use their own internet (Xbox Live) the UI is also severely limited it looks like, i mean only 4 skill/potion lots and no HP bar over enemies, they might be able to customize it like we can but knowing how consoles work that might not be true.

And how is picking up specific items and placing things like totems going to work?

I really hope this decision isnt going to limit the updates we get like content and graphical updates because consoles seem to only hold back games
"
KalidhoS wrote:

They've said PoE will be Free to Play on Xbox

Xbox Live however cost real money and will be required to play PoE on Xbox.
"I didn't know we were making a pants simulator." - Chris Wilson
Kind of disappointed that this is secretly what our supporter packs have been funding rather than trading improvements and content as we were led to believe. Can't say I'm surprised anymore
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
Last edited by trav_dawg on Jan 19, 2017, 2:32:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info