[2.6] Hardcore CI Crittle Sparks - Legacy ability for a Legacy league!

ThX!!!
Hi there, first of all great guide! I found it today and did read it on my way to work.

I always looking for guides to learn more about PoE and especially game mechanics. Your build is in some ways kinda similiar to mine Freezing Spark Inquisitor. I guess the main difference is that mine is for softcore and more offensive.

I already learned why sometimes animated things can't be killed with spark ("flying") and from your explanations it seems you are pretty deep into the "sparking" :) Maybe you wanna check out my guide and let me know if you think somethings can be improved.

Oh yeah one more thing... why do you think the lightning is better then ice golem?
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
"
bashtart wrote:
Hi there, first of all great guide! I found it today and did read it on my way to work.

I always looking for guides to learn more about PoE and especially game mechanics. Your build is in some ways kinda similiar to mine Freezing Spark Inquisitor. I guess the main difference is that mine is for softcore and more offensive.

I already learned why sometimes animated things can't be killed with spark ("flying") and from your explanations it seems you are pretty deep into the "sparking" :) Maybe you wanna check out my guide and let me know if you think somethings can be improved.

Oh yeah one more thing... why do you think the lightning is better then ice golem?

Hey Bash! Most certainly. I'll make my comments in your build thread.

For Ice Golem vs Lightning Golem:

My simple answer is "math". If you're curious as to what the math is:

Ice Golem offers 30% increased critical strike chance. The damage the golem itself does is negligible. The accuracy doesn't do anything for us.

Lightning golem offers 9% attack and cast speed, as well as a lightning damage aura.
We can use the attack speed for our movement ability, but lets compare the damage parts. In order to calculate it the difference, we need to know how much damage the lightning aura adds, how long it lasts, and what its cooldown is.

We know from the wiki it lasts 4 seconds. From testing with my level 19 golem I can say the aura provides 6-97 lightning damage, and has a 15 second cooldown. This means it averages +11 damage (base).

So, If my base average damage is 3100, my base crit chance is 7%, 1200% increased crit chance, 3.13 cast speed, and 500% multiplier we get without any golems:
(3100*3.13) * (1+7 * (1+12) * (0.5 + 5))/100 = 49097.18 dps

If I use Ice Golem:
(3100*3.13) * (1+7 * (1+12.3) * (0.5 + 5))/100 = 49781.24 dps (684 dps~ increase)

If I use Lightning Golem
(3111*3.36) * (1+7 * (1+12) * (0.5 + 5))/100 = 52891.98 dps (3795 dps~ increase)

I originally used Ice golem knowing lightning golem would offer considerably more damage for QoL, but in the end, when my build got up to 92-94% crit chance, and using a diamond flask
*further reducing the effectivness of ice golem since we're double rolling crit chance), ice golem really brings *nothing* to the table. And the lightning golem, yea, it offers a lot.

AMAZING TERRIBLE leveling skill..... I cant understand how people level with this, its faster unarmed with no skillgem tbh!
"
Galenroobanz wrote:
AMAZING TERRIBLE leveling skill..... I cant understand how people level with this, its faster unarmed with no skillgem tbh!

No reason to be melodramatic. There's pros and cons to leveling with spark. Spark does not have the best clear, but it actually does have quite good dps. Combined with a crit build, even while leveling you're getting semi-reliable shocks and it actually can do a *ton* of damage during early leveling.

This drops off towards mid/late cruel and doesn't pick back up until the end of merciless in this build because we're using our tree as a multiplier instead of an increase.

Spark is certainly not the best leveling ability regardless of build. However I recommend it in my guide as you need to get used to the feel of spark. How it moves, how it casts, and how to aim it properly (as mentioned in the tips & tricks).

If you're having a really rough time leveling with spark - there's something else going on. Try +gem level gear, or ensuring you have higher increased damage. Because it's not that bad.
Hi Vapid, my wise old sparker :)

I toke some of your advise and improved my "freezing spark inquisitor build". I change the spark setup because as you said it was a bit overkill...instead of increased duration I toke inreased crit damage in the setup and it really improved my single target dps a lot. I also toke your advice to use lightning golem... for the flask setups I am still not sure what is the best.

Thanks for your help !
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Hi!, i will be trying out this build!

But i have a question, do 5 link vaal regeila work well? or is 6 link really a must? since i have the currency for 750 ES but with 5 linked.
"
Tecken1407 wrote:

But i have a question, do 5 link vaal regeila work well? or is 6 link really a must? since i have the currency for 750 ES but with 5 linked.

If you can only afford a 5l, then it will work with a 5l, but a 6th support is very important. It's not critical to make the build work, just a very large damage increase. The 6th support would be increased critical damage.

for a 6l I would probably be willing to start at about 500~ ES, which isn't that bad this league with all the corrupted tempests. I think I paid about 40c for my first 6l, not too far into the league.
"
VapidActions wrote:
"
Tecken1407 wrote:

If you can only afford a 5l, then it will work with a 5l, but a 6th support is very important. It's not critical to make the build work, just a very large damage increase. The 6th support would be increased critical damage.

for a 6l I would probably be willing to start at about 500~ ES, which isn't that bad this league with all the corrupted tempests. I think I paid about 40c for my first 6l, not too far into the league.

I see thanks for the answer, 6 link vaal regelia withotu any good es costs around 5-6 EX :/, but i guess i could go with Skin of the Loyal? u said you would recommend it until it
Absolutely. A skin of the loyal, with decent/good ES gear in other slots can be worth about the same as a 600ES chest, and has +1 gem levels. Skin of the loyal is an amazing chest piece for spell ES builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info