[2.6] Hardcore CI Crittle Sparks - Legacy ability for a Legacy league!

First : Thanks for answering

Here is my link :https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Lambr0/characters
Char name:PotatoeArrow

Could you please tell me what should be my next upgrade?

I feel like the movement is slow.. is is really better scepter than dagger ?

Is my skill tree all right?

And i noticed that Energy from within in the melding area is only giving me around 400-500ES witch is very low for a 2-3Ex item.. im still over 9kES without it and without discipline up...

Should i removed it and use this currency for something else? and put those point in ele damage instead?

IS Vaal spark better in the 6L considering that we would grab some sacrifial harvest ofc...

LAST: We never see you in game ? are you playing this league ?

Thanks again for the awesome build.
🆃🆆🅸🆃🅲🅷.🆃🆅/NForceTV (🆀🅲/🅴🅽 🆂🆃🆁🅴🅰🅼)
almost forgot... since your doing guide could you set your profile to public so we can see your character gear and tree?
🆃🆆🅸🆃🅲🅷.🆃🆅/NForceTV (🆀🅲/🅴🅽 🆂🆃🆁🅴🅰🅼)
"
Lambr0 wrote:
First : Thanks for answering

Here is my link :https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Lambr0/characters
Char name:PotatoeArrow

Could you please tell me what should be my next upgrade?

I see in the tree you skipped past the jewel nodes north of witch, and west of witch. Jewel nodes are very powerful as a crit build. Each of those jewel nodes can offer 40%+ inc damage, which when multiplied by crit is *a lot*. Picking those up is a top priority, even potentially sacrificing a couple points elsewhere to grab them. Those 40% jewels are only going to cost you maybe 25-30c as well.

As for you gear, it looks fairly well rounded. I don't see anything that's really lagging behind anything else. The scepter doesn't have a lot of increased damage on it (has 63%, could potentially have almost double that, about 112% if I'm not mistaken). Though those crit stats and that base +x lightning damage is very juicy on that scepter, so I wouldn't be in a rush to replace it. Outside of that you're missing quite a bit of potetial ES on the body armor though that's a very expensive upgrade, and your belt is missing a lot of potential ES but I see it's one of your primary resistance items so you would need to upgrade resistances around it first.

I also note that you're missing the essence worm ring for wrath, which is 22% *more* damage, that should be your topmost priority by far - to fit in that essence worm and wrath. I can see you have it socketed in your shield instead of fortify, which is fine - but only with essence worm will you get that 1% more damage that kicks in at level 22 gem. (unless you corrupt wrath to 21, and corrupt the shield to +1 socketed gems)

Edit: I should also mention, I notice a number of your gems are still only level 18, and still missing the level 21 spark. These gem levels will come with time, but they are *incredibly* important. You mentioned having trouble with T14/15/16 bosses, this is probably the largest reason why. You get those jewels, and those gem levels and you'll be quite surprised. You still have a LOT of scaling left to go. I updated my combat DPS picture to show what the DPS for it is in 2.6 - 108.5k, and that's with a level 1 lightning golem (as that is new to 4.6). Once that golem gets leveled, I would expect it to be closer to 111k+ with that additional cast speed.

"
Lambr0 wrote:

I feel like the movement is slow.. is is really better scepter than dagger ?

I've had to work a lot of overtime this week, so I'm actually a bit behind on my character this league, though I'll be putting a fair amount of time into it this weekend. Mathematically the scepter is superior, but I'm not positive about the feel yet. Shield charge can feel a bit awkward without enough attack speed, so I'll need to get my faster attacks to level 19 before I really judge.

So the answer is: It is mathematically superior, but I'm not sure if the "feel" is superior over whirling blades. You can certainly still go dagger if you prefer the whirling blades feel, the scepter is ahead DPS wise, but the margin isn't great enough to stop you from going with a dagger.

"
Lambr0 wrote:

And i noticed that Energy from within in the melding area is only giving me around 400-500ES witch is very low for a 2-3Ex item.. im still over 9kES without it and without discipline up...

Should i removed it and use this currency for something else? and put those point in ele damage instead?

Yea, the price for Energy from within has certainly gone up. You can absolutely go with a DPS jewel there instead if you don't really want the ES. The primary purpose of the wheel is to help with a lot of the leveling pain and squishyness during cruel and early merciless. Energy from within offers a chance to convert that as you convert to CI. I believe I ended up dropping it eventually once my ES from gear made me feel safe enough. I don't recommend this in the guide as it "is" very efficient ES pathing.

If you do drop the melding wheel, I recommend keeping that jewel node since DPS jewels are so effective within the build, and it's one of the easy access jewel nodes.

"
Lambr0 wrote:

IS Vaal spark better in the 6L considering that we would grab some sacrifial harvest ofc...

I'm personally not a fan of going the vaal spark route. The problem with it is that you need to ensure you only engage large enough packs. If you find a map that has odd walls, or odd pack spacing, vaal spark can be quite annoying if you don't manage to grab enough souls for the next cast. There's also the issue with how that vaal spark would be so dependent on critting. If it doesn't crit there's a MASSIVE discrepancy between a crit/non-crit in this build, so you'd be doubly in trouble.

You would also be forced to give up amazing DPS scaling jewels (same point... again =p) in order to get those sacrificial harvest jewels.

"
Lambr0 wrote:

LAST: We never see you in game ? are you playing this league ?

almost forgot... since your doing guide could you set your profile to public so we can see your character gear and tree?

Certainly, I didn't know I had it hidden, my apologies. My characters should now be public.

I am playing this league, I've just been doing a lot of overtime at work, so have been away for the latter half of this week, but I'll be back in action this weekend.

"
Lambr0 wrote:

Thanks again for the awesome build.

Happy to be of service and glad you're enjoying it!
Last edited by VapidActions on Mar 18, 2017, 3:46:46 AM
first of all right now im playing cocspri build and kinda disappointed cos its costly and shit to be honest
guys i was talking about told that vaal spark/fireball could do same clearspeed with less investment

so first of all my question how about assassin?
to be honest all shadow ascend classes not that good also if you compare others
(like occultist gain power charges on crit(so it scales of it) also gain additional 1 power charge while assassin have 10% chance on non crit( that doesnt scale somehow and when you have 70+% thats really hard to non crit and proc this 10% chance) and also it doesnt add power charge huh)
(same as for frenzy charges that trickster have compare to raider) fking pointless and underpowered

and the second but i already find it out myself this *Critical Strike Chance is increased by uncapped lightning resistance.*
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5f7zz6/psa_uncapped_resistance_simply_refers_to_your/
how the fck you gain crit with uncapped res lol cos your res cap is max ressist you can have
so why they didnt just write you gain crit chance same as your ressistance lol
RIP English :D
GMT +4
Last edited by ugrolol on Mar 26, 2017, 6:10:04 AM
Hey Ugro,

I'm not really sure what your inquiry is, so I'll just add my comments in response and hope I provide what it is you're looking for.

"
ugrolol wrote:
first of all right now im playing cocspri build and kinda disappointed cos its costly and shit to be honest

I'm not a fan of cospris for spark or fireball because both skills excell at killing off screen, which is very hard to curse for. This declined mostly with the massive nerfs (intentional or not) we recently received to blasphemy. Blasphemy is now pretty much melee only without going off the walls AoE increases and supports. And even most "melee" skills extend far beyond blasphemy's new range (sunder, lacerate, ground slam, etc). The primary advantage to cospris is avoiding the hexproof mod, and a free poison support. But unless you're highly dependent on your curses I find it's really not worth it. As for expense it's not "too" bad in the large scheme of things, it's only a 10-12 ex build to start up.

"
ugrolol wrote:

guys i was talking about told that vaal spark/fireball could do same clearspeed with less investment

You mean vaal spark and vaal fireball together? That sounds horrible. You have two completely different abilities. One is fire and AoE based where with crit you would need prolif, the other is lightning and cast speed based where prolif is useless due to how sparks work with crits. I would never think to combine these two abilities, and still don't agree with it - seems like a waste of gem slots to be honest.

"
ugrolol wrote:

so first of all my question how about assassin?
to be honest all shadow ascend classes not that good also if you compare others
(like occultist gain power charges on crit(so it scales of it) also gain additional 1 power charge while assassin have 10% chance on non crit( that doesnt scale somehow and when you have 70+% thats really hard to non crit and proc this 10% chance) and also it doesnt add power charge huh)
(same as for frenzy charges that trickster have compare to raider) fking pointless and underpowered

So first of all, No, I don't agree with any of this. So why not? Well, with this kind of build we're scaling a *lot* of crit, and spells have a lot of crit to offer in the tree. This means the power charge generation provided by the assassin tree is highly unreliable as we crit more often than we don't. The assassin tree power charge generation works best with 30%~ crit chance. The assassin tree allows you to get a ton of crit without building crit. You usually want to have 30% crit, use the power charge generation to get yourself to 50%, then the 100% more crit chance nodes crit cap you. Assassin is about free crit and big crit effects on the first and last hits.

Moreover, the assasin tree's largest strength is scaling poison and bleed damage on crit. With a voltaxic build where you can poison, you can't really get enough crit to be reliable and get the poison going. You end up spreading yourself too thin to really take advantage of either route. It's far better to focus on crit, or focus on poison. The assassin tree also offers no defensive bonuses so you're going to need the defenses elsewhere.

I highly disagree with the shadow classes not being that good. I've recently been working on a lacerate assassin - still in the works but the power is just... it's godlike. It has the strangest playstyle I've ever played and it feels almost like an anime. I walk in, quickly windslash everything seemingly doing nothing, turn my back and one second later - everything in the room explodes. It's particularly weird to play because everything dies at the same speed. It doesn't matter if it's a normal spider, or izaro. Windslash, turn away, and one second later BOOM. It's hilarious - and it could only do it with the assassin tree. The shadow trees are just particular application, they're not as globally applicable as other trees, but the're not less powerful. Shadow is in my opinion the hardest class to play.

"
ugrolol wrote:

and the second but i already find it out myself this *Critical Strike Chance is increased by uncapped lightning resistance.*
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5f7zz6/psa_uncapped_resistance_simply_refers_to_your/
how the fck you gain crit with uncapped res lol cos your res cap is max ressist you can have
so why they didnt just write you gain crit chance same as your ressistance lol

So uncapped resist just refers to your total resistances minus difficulty modifier and resistance curses. So if you have a total of 169 resist from your gear in normal you have 169 uncapped resistance, in cruel 149 uncapped resistance, in merciless 89 uncapped resistance. If you get cursed with elemental weakness in merciless your uncapped resistance is 75 - now the same as default capped resistance (which is why 169 is the golden rule for resistances).

That's why they can't call it "the same as your resistance" because "your resistances" could be your total resistance from gear, your resistance after difficulty modifiers, or your effective (capped) resistances. While it's an odd term to get used to, once you do understand it, I agree that it's the clearest way to declare what it takes into consideration.
Last edited by VapidActions on Mar 27, 2017, 2:00:44 PM
"
This declined mostly with the massive nerfs (intentional or not) we recently received to blasphemy. Blasphemy is now pretty much melee only without going off the walls AoE increases and supports. And even most "melee" skills extend far beyond blasphemy's new range (sunder, lacerate, ground slam, etc).

i was talking about cospri's malice...
also barrage archer use cospris'body with gloves to get curse for example
"
it's only a 10-12 ex build to start up.

then its already dead end
if you cant get good dmg and survivability for 3-5 ex(on the league start) then thats a bad build and literally currency converter (like BF more you invest more you get(you may think every build about that but im talking about huge power spikes for 0 cost like old PYRE))
"
You mean vaal spark and vaal fireball together?

nope obviously vaal spark OR vaal fireball is better then cospris fakenir in term or output of any sort for lover price
"
The assassin tree power charge generation works best with 30%~ crit chance.

70(buffed) if you dont use them then with 70 you always whould have them capped
"
It's far better to focus on crit, or focus on poison.
didnt get it
"
It doesn't matter if it's a normal spider, or izaro

https://youtu.be/heUirbZ-nDo?t=286tons of dmg
"
Shadow is in my opinion the hardest class to play.

if you think so cos he have no deffensive stuff at all then i would totally agree

anyway thanks for reply i whould try spark after i check out my crappy dps on guardians :D
i didnt played on sc before and just want to check out all builds that viable right now so be prepared to 3.0
RIP English :D
GMT +4
Last edited by ugrolol on Mar 28, 2017, 10:30:50 AM
"
ugrolol wrote:
i was talking about cospri's malice...

Ah, my apologies - without context I was trying to think of in context to the build thread you were posting on - which poison/spark does have some popularity due to voltaxic so I could see someone trying to fit a cospri's chest piece in there and ran with that

"
ugrolol wrote:
also barrage archer use cospris'body with gloves to get curse for example

That's an incredibly specific application, but sure - absolutely.

"
ugrolol wrote:

then its already dead end
if you cant get good dmg and survivability for 3-5 ex(on the league start) then thats a bad build and literally currency converter (like BF more you invest more you get(you may think every build about that but im talking about huge power spikes for 0 cost like old PYRE))

I can agree that it's a bad league starter or "budget" build, but having a higher price point doesn't make it a bad build. If you decide to start a league with a build having a high price point you can't blame the build. You can see how I mention in my guide that this build is a scaling build - not a league starter and should have money to invest first. Different builds have different purposes, there is no "one build is the best at everything" - except maybe assreacher - thank goodness that's no longer a thing moving forward.

"
ugrolol wrote:

nope obviously vaal spark OR vaal fireball is better then cospris fakenir in term or output of any sort for lover price

Sorry, again for the confusion - didn't have the correct context. Vaal spark and vaal fireball can both offer high clear speed, but they grind to a halt and self destruct the moment they can't "oneshot" something. That's why I mention "different builds have different purposes" and why my build uses regular spark over vaal spark. Vaal spark and vaal fireball are amazing mid-tier map farmers, but without insane investment have difficulty going past that. Their job is to farm mid tier maps, not push end game content like you're trying to do with your cospris build. My spark build is designed to hit a middle ground, not quite the clear speed of vaal spark, but enough umph to clear end game content.

"
ugrolol wrote:

70(buffed) if you dont use them then with 70 you always whould have them capped

It depends what ascendancy nodes you take. I'm personally not sure where you're getting 70% from. I'm presuming you're using a weapon or skill with 5% base crit chance and you have a max of 6 power charges so the power charges cap you?

I was referring to the power of ambush/assassinate that double crit chance under specific circumstances. If you went toxic delivery/deadly infusion and ignored ambush, then you could need 70% base with a 5% base crit chance and 6 max power charges, in which case unstable infusion certainly would be less reliable, yes. Is your point that not all ascendancy nodes in the same ascendancy tree fully synergize with each other?

"
ugrolol wrote:

"
It's far better to focus on crit, or focus on poison.
didnt get it

Again, without reference I'm looking into shadow as applied to a spark build. This isn't a general class/build thread, it's a spark build thread. So when you ask "what about shadow?", I have to assume you mean "what about shadow/assassin instead of occultist your spark build?". In which case again with spark we look at crit for reliable shocks, cast speed for even damage, or poison with voltaxic rift. The way shadow spreads out over poison and crit I think would leave the class a little too thin with nothing left to invest into defense, where other ascendancies like occultist can gain both defence and offence in a single stroke, and have a more focused connection to a single damage delivery method (crit in the case of occultist, cast speed in the case of inquisitor).

"
ugrolol wrote:

if you think so cos he have no deffensive stuff at all then i would totally agree

I think the lack of defenses and lack of life in that part of the tree certainly play a roll in it, but I also believe shadow is the hardest to play because the ascendancies have a lot of obscure interactions and without more in depth knowledge of the game mechanics, it can be hard to see the full power tucked away in those trees and their potential synergies. Where something like berserker you can look at and just go "yup, hit em' with a big stick" and that's about as complicated as that ascendancy gets.

"
ugrolol wrote:

anyway thanks for reply i whould try spark after i check out my crappy dps on guardians :D
i didnt played on sc before and just want to check out all builds that viable right now so be prepared to 3.0

No problem! I apologize for the confusion. I think spark is a fun build - always enjoyed the ability myself, just make sure to check out the Tips&Tricks section for information on spark mechanics. Also realize that no build you're going to pick is the one build - amazing everything build, and you need to think about what objective you want the build to fulfill. Fast clear/Farm maps? Farm Uber Atziri? Farm Uber Lab? Farm guardians/shaper? My build is meant to be a good map farmer, and be capable of end game bosses - it doesn't throw all of its eggs in one basket, allowing me to play what content I feel like playing at the time without creating an entirely new build, even if it means I'm not the absolute best build at that particular content.
Just wanted to add a specific note here - it's in the changelog as well, but I'm sure most people following this build might not be following the changelog. I've made a fairly important change to the tree > lvl 85. With 3 unique flasks now in rotation (Atziri's, Oak, Chalice), we now pick up alchemist instead of the 3-point jewel node between arcane potency and unnatural calm. This should be picked up just after arcane potency when you have all 3 flasks in rotation.
Can i use this build with ball lightning instead sparks?
Thx
"
peromm wrote:
Can i use this build with ball lightning instead sparks?
Thx

You can with a couple tiny modifications since you don't need pierce and you would need GMP. Though Ball Lightning doesn't have as good dps or clear speed as spark. This build actually does use Lightning Ball for Atziri (using slower proj instead of GMP like you would need for ball lightning as a primary ability)

The changes would be:

And that's it, ball lightning fits right in!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info