[2.6] Hardcore CI Crittle Sparks - Legacy ability for a Legacy league!

hello your build just convinced to try it out and 3ex later i was just wandering what was the main reason for the big difference between the 2 toottip dps pictures you went from 48k to 108k! how? was it mostly the amulet? it would be nice if added some text to explain the difference between the 2 pics
"
hello your build just convinced to try it out and 3ex later i was just wandering what was the main reason for the big difference between the 2 toottip dps pictures you went from 48k to 108k! how? was it mostly the amulet? it would be nice if added some text to explain the difference between the 2 pics

Hello TheOneWithRandomUsername!

The difference between the two pictures is one is "Hideout DPS" meaning my DPS with just my auras/golem up. The other is "Combat DPS", which is my typical DPS while engaged in combat. This means full charges, and combat status'/buffs.

Because this build has so much crit multi, those power charges bringing our crit chance from 68% to 92% is very massive.
"
Hello TheOneWithRandomUsername!

The difference between the two pictures is one is "Hideout DPS" meaning my DPS with just my auras/golem up. The other is "Combat DPS", which is my typical DPS while engaged in combat. This means full charges, and combat status'/buffs.

Because this build has so much crit multi, those power charges bringing our crit chance from 68% to 92% is very massive.

ahhhhh i see i had a small inkling that this was the case but not sure, seems i have been depressed about my dps for nothing. had 46k dps in h/o with auro + golem :D oh btw i have an 39% incr total lightning spell dmg amulet plus 13 cast speed. how big of a boost could i expect to gain from the choir of the storm? :)

btw ty so much for the build guide, it convinced me to convert from my self made arc/ball lightning + vaal storm call build to this. takes some getting used too but single dmg is so much better!and clear speed is just as good so far
Last edited by TheOneWithRandomUsername on May 12, 2017, 6:05:37 PM
Choir of the storm's main strengths are Crit chance and its ability. What you will notice swapping to it is a bit more reliable crit chance before power charges (it offers 100% + inc crit chance - depending on lightning resists), and you'll notice better single target damage on bosses that last a hit or two. Its ability hits like a train.

Your sheet DPS will probably drop quite a bit because the 50% inc lightning damage on crit won't be calculated. But with this build's crit chance you can pretty much just read it as a normal "50% inc lightning damage"

While clearing you might notice it now and then just deleting a rare mob, but yea, mostly it will improve quality of life getting the ball rolling, and boss damage.
Last edited by VapidActions on May 12, 2017, 8:16:12 PM
I was really excited and wanted to give this build a try as I have always wanted to play occultist and this looks like a lot of fun... then I read the incoming nerf to ES. Will this still be viable or will it completely destroy the build? ( I have never tried a char that used ghost reaver).
I don't think it will effect the build that much.

• No ES regen? Doesn't matter, most of our 'regen' is coming from the occultist ascendancy which is 'replenishment' not 'regeneration' (like health flasks not being effected by vaal pact). While I can't say this with 100% absolute certainty, it should be the case as the ascendancy continues to work on "can not regenerate ES/Life/Mana" maps, which the change to ghost reaver should have the same effect.
  • While the nerf to ES values will certainly hurt, our ES is currently quite high. I expect my ES to drop from about 12-14k, to about 8-9k, which is still more than sufficient.

So will the nerfs hurt? Certainly. They should hurt, that's the intent of the changes. But I don't think they'll cancel out this build as we aren't really the focus of the nerfs. The ES nerfs are mostly focused at characters that are abusing massive ES pools. Our build is using "the" ES ascendancy class: Occultist, so we should still be fine. And our damage isn't effected in any way.

I'll of course need to get into the beta to try it out - and I certainly will, but right now I'm not worried. My build already optimizes for mind over matter before CI conversion, so worst case scenario I expect is a later conversion away from Mind over Matter, and maybe drop discipline for something else since it offers more regen instead of base ES which won't help with the new GR, we'll see.

As an additional thought: we may just convert away from leech altogether. We have massive regen through occultist, so we might be able to do a complete conversion to regen orientation and run a different curse such as assassin's mark or conductivity. I see a few different options depending on what kind of effects we see from the Ghost Reaver changes. Though these changes would be more optimization rather than *fixing* the build.

One more additional note for people following this build: With the big nerfs to ES chests, and gear in general, Skin of the Loyal is going to become godlike. If they're still available next league, stow away as many as you can afford. It offers +1 to all gems, and is worth about the same ES as a 600-650ES chest piece (depending on other gear), which will *not* be diminished by the nerfs as it's a global increase not a base value being nerfed. Skin of the Loyal is going to go from "amazing" to an 'S' tier chest piece.
Last edited by VapidActions on May 19, 2017, 6:22:33 PM
hello again have now played this build for a while and it has sped up map clearing wealth growth and pretty much everything. but i still only get around 65- 70k dps with all power charges up how do you get 100k? since my h/o is higher than yours with only a lvl 20 spark at 50k
"
hello again have now played this build for a while and it has sped up map clearing wealth growth and pretty much everything. but i still only get around 65- 70k dps with all power charges up how do you get 100k? since my h/o is higher than yours with only a lvl 20 spark at 50k

Hello TheOneWithRandomUsername,

If your DPS is higher in H/O, but lower in combat (compared to my characters stats), it most likely means you have less crit multiplier than my character? So as crit chance goes up with power charges, multiplier kicks in and overtakes.

I can't see your character, so I can't say for sure, but I am running a number of 21 gems so I imagine it's one of the scaling mechanics kicking in. Also note that if you're running an ammy instead of choir of the storm, your H/O dps will show quite a bit higher than mine as the stats don't like to calculate choir. Again, it scales hard in combat, and has a ton of hidden power. You can see my crit chance and multiplier in the image, compare those as I'd have to think that's how mine overtakes.

thank you for always taking the time to answer back even though the league is nearing its end, im running a choir amu (awesome amu btw ty! for the tip) and yes i looked at my crit multi and found out that i dont have the 3 crit multi cluster in the passive tree so im looking to level that up, but since im already 91 it might take some extra time since i cant relocate my att notes due to skill gems. but ty very much for clearing that up. now i just need to grind uber lab for the helmet enchantment :D

the character is the lvl 92 awawawadadaw :P https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TheOneWithRandomUsername
Last edited by TheOneWithRandomUsername on May 27, 2017, 2:30:12 PM
what are the first gems to get level 21 and quality 20%?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info