[2.6] Hardcore CI Crittle Sparks - Legacy ability for a Legacy league!

please.. video! :D
"
bashkiller wrote:
please.. video! :D

What kind of video did you want? I have a quick video I added of a regular clear. I was going to update it this coming league when I redo the build, but if there's any particular content you want to see it clear, just let me know.

"
canilaz_ wrote:
song name from example video? xD
btw well done build, but how good would be a spark build without crits or voltaxic -maybe berserker, EO and wrath aura /im not a fan of crit builds/?

Hmmm, I just had my chillstep playlist running in the background, but it sounds like "I Need Your Love" by Andreas.

Why not a fan of crit builds? This build hits the point of crit where there is almost no longer a "crit" mechanic, it's just all crits. Not critting means you need a large inherent chance to shock - If you're not shocking you're losing one of the primary advantages of lightning damage. So by dropping crit you would likely need to go base chance to shock, and cast speed to get odds in your favour - as berserker offers neither of these, even with berserker's great damage bonuses it wouldn't even begin to compete with an option that can reliably apply shock. Shock is 50% increased damage *taken* making it multiplicative with all other damage modifiers on your character, just straight up 50% more damage.

Spark also doesn't come with any shock chance like Arc, or Shock Nova do, so you need to get it purely from gear and passive shock chance, likely capping somewhere around 75% chance if I recall available shock chance off the top of my head. Where 75% crit not only works as a damage modifier but also puls double duty as 75% chance to shock.

Voltaxic gets around this major loss of damage by using chaos damage and poison. Voltaxic has far less up front damage, but scales on bosses as you stack poison (almost hitting the dps a crit build can), but is also far safer against reflect. With voltaxic version of this build we could probably even do ele-reflect maps, but giving up a lot of up-front dps.

If you don't go crit or voltaxic, I just can't see another route that offers something advantageous enough to compete.
Last edited by VapidActions on Feb 24, 2017, 2:16:50 AM
Hello, im currently using this build in the legacy league. just asking, in your gems section there is no mention of any golems used but in the character sheet there is the ice golem so i want to clarify, the finalised build would be done without a golem? thank you!

also, may i ask which ascendancy nodes you took first? thank you very much! :D
Last edited by mamacake on Mar 4, 2017, 2:20:29 PM
"
mamacake wrote:
Hello, im currently using this build in the legacy league. just asking, in your gems section there is no mention of any golems used but in the character sheet there is the ice golem so i want to clarify, the finalised build would be done without a golem? thank you!

also, may i ask which ascendancy nodes you took first? thank you very much! :D

So the golem I used in place of vaal haste for general mapping - swapping in vaal haste for when I wanted to push a bit faster. Golem is more consistent. Go for ES first, then power charge generation, and profane bloom last.
"
VapidActions wrote:

So the golem I used in place of vaal haste for general mapping - swapping in vaal haste for when I wanted to push a bit faster. Golem is more consistent. Go for ES first, then power charge generation, and profane bloom last.

thank you very much! ^^
Just wanted to say thank you for the well written guide!
Last edited by Velk on Mar 9, 2017, 12:54:26 PM
"
Velk wrote:

No problem! I'm very happy to hear people are enjoying it.

As I previously promised, I'm taking this build on as my follow up build this league. I've finally farmed enough currency to get the ball rolling on this build, and as such just started my new character for it (though someone stole my "crittlespark" name, grumble grumble).

I'll be updating the guide as I go, and as promised finishing the in-depth leveling guide.

There's a few changes already that I'm aware of that I'll be updating:

• Choir of the storm is no longer cheap, but I still believe it's BiS. I don't foresee it dropping below 1 ex this league, but for this build it's worth it. Choir stays as the recommended amulet.
  • Dagger vs scepter was a fairly close call last league, but with the nerfs to daggers, scepters will now be the recommended weapon. This makes for easier colouring as well, and opens up doryani's as an amazing early end-game weapon. This also means we'll be moving to shield charge as our preferred movement ability
  • The preferred flasks will be changing. I haven't yet confirmed what the end flasks will be, but I want to fit in the wise oak flask as it synergizes so well with our resistance preference for Choir, and the bismuth grants us even more crit through Choir, they play very well off of each other. I'll likely drop either the overflowing, or the basalt flask for Wise Oak, though I'm not sure how I'll handle status clearing.
  • For the leveling tree, I likely won't be picking up elemental overload, but instead will pick up Mind over Matter for leveling to help with that ugly mid game survivability on a CI build. And that mana is just oh-so-juicy. I'll likely keep MoM just for the mana for some time after swapping to CI only dropping it when I'm really pressed for points in the late game (90~)
  • With the change to Vaal Discipline, it's now pretty much useless to us, offering what occultist already offers. We'll be dropping it for Lightning Golem, keeping vaal haste, and dropping Ice Golem all together. I believe Lightning Golem will offer far more in the late game than Ice Golem can for us.

Other than that, everything else pretty much stands. Expect to see these updates to the guide and more in-depth leveling guide information over the next few days!
"
VapidActions wrote:
"
Velk wrote:

No problem! I'm very happy to hear people are enjoying it.

As I previously promised, I'm taking this build on as my follow up build this league. I've finally farmed enough currency to get the ball rolling on this build, and as such just started my new character for it (though someone stole my "crittlespark" name, grumble grumble).

I'll be updating the guide as I go, and as promised finishing the in-depth leveling guide.

There's a few changes already that I'm aware of that I'll be updating:

• Choir of the storm is no longer cheap, but I still believe it's BiS. I don't foresee it dropping below 1 ex this league, but for this build it's worth it. Choir stays as the recommended amulet.
  • Dagger vs scepter was a fairly close call last league, but with the nerfs to daggers, scepters will now be the recommended weapon. This makes for easier colouring as well, and opens up doryani's as an amazing early end-game weapon. This also means we'll be moving to shield charge as our preferred movement ability
  • The preferred flasks will be changing. I haven't yet confirmed what the end flasks will be, but I want to fit in the wise oak flask as it synergizes so well with our resistance preference for Choir, and the bismuth grants us even more crit through Choir, they play very well off of each other. I'll likely drop either the overflowing, or the basalt flask for Wise Oak, though I'm not sure how I'll handle status clearing.
  • For the leveling tree, I likely won't be picking up elemental overload, but instead will pick up Mind over Matter for leveling to help with that ugly mid game survivability on a CI build. And that mana is just oh-so-juicy. I'll likely keep MoM just for the mana for some time after swapping to CI only dropping it when I'm really pressed for points in the late game (90~)
  • With the change to Vaal Discipline, it's now pretty much useless to us, offering what occultist already offers. We'll be dropping it for Lightning Golem, keeping vaal haste, and dropping Ice Golem all together. I believe Lightning Golem will offer far more in the late game than Ice Golem can for us.

Other than that, everything else pretty much stands. Expect to see these updates to the guide and more in-depth leveling guide information over the next few days!

What changes for softcore? Less ES, more damage nodes? Gear stays the same? Could this possible work with an elementalist?

Thanks. I'm new to Witch class.
Hey im following your build for now and its pretty good doing T15 trash no problem... but when it come to T14-15-16 boss.. how the hell can you down them quick.. even vaal spark dont do the job XD..
🆃🆆🅸🆃🅲🅷.🆃🆅/NForceTV (🆀🅲/🅴🅽 🆂🆃🆁🅴🅰🅼)
"
Lycai wrote:

What changes for softcore? Less ES, more damage nodes? Gear stays the same? Could this possible work with an elementalist?

Thanks. I'm new to Witch class.

Hey Lycai, no real changes for softcore. The build is in my opinion extremely well balanced. You could potentially drop a bit of ES for more damage after level 90, but I never felt it was necessary. I would not recommend elementalist for this kind of build for a couple reasons:
  • You would need another source of power charge generation such as assasin's mark or skyforths, and neither would give charges on bosses as occultist does.
  • You're already shocking "everything", so prolif doesn't do anything, you have relatively small hits (just lots of them) so ignites are useless. You could potentially make use of the freeze/chill from conflux, but that's kind of "meehhh". And Pendulum of destruction is horrible.[li]

• You would be giving up all that amazing defence from occultist, and not really getting anything of value from elementalist. I personally do not like the elementalist tree - it should really be the "Area of Effect" tree, that's all it's good for.

[quote="Lambr0"]Hey im following your build for now and its pretty good doing T15 trash no problem... but when it come to T14-15-16 boss.. how the hell can you down them quick.. even vaal spark dont do the job XD..[/quote]

I find in tier 15/16 a lot of it comes down to proper positioning. Those bosses can be quite tanky, so you need to start optimizing spark's mechanics rather than just letting the massive damage carry it. If you're targeting correctly, you should be getting 2-3 hits per cast and while you will notice they're a bit slower if you're well geared they shouldn't be problematic. Though my character last league was in fairly top end gear, I was still clearing T15 within a single flask charge with proper positioning and flask usage (enfeeble + ele resist + ele equal maps are always going to be noticeably slower for bosses).
  • Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info