[3.5] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :) VIDEO GUIDE

Spark, crit & freeze

Overview 3.5
> Strong leveling / league starter
> One of the fastest endgame farming builds
> Strong single target dps with Blade Vortex
> Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/kVhxbUzP (BV 3.4)

In 3.5 more or less everything stays the same.

Video: How to create & improve builds with Path of Building: https://youtu.be/Spw7tfVAAto

>>> VIDEO BUILD GUIDE FOR 3.3! <<<
Setup I used in this video

Also check out my other Build Guides! For more Path of Exile Guides, Builds and Gameplay please also visit my YouTube Channel! I really would appriciate it if you could subscribe and like my videos!

Pros and Cons:
+ top tier clearspeed
+ high single target dps with BV
+ very safe mapping (all mods are possible except ele reflection)
+ viable for lvl 100
+ easy, fast and fun to play
+ very fast movement speed

- can't facetank everything
- no regen maps can be annoying

Don't hesitate to ask any questions in the comments below, please no PM's! I cannot answer every question so please be so kind to help out each other! Thanks you!

No it is not just another (Vaal)Spark-build... it is different in many ways. I am pretty sure there is still a lot to improve and I am open to constructive suggestions.

The concept:
Offense is the best defense... the synergy between high crits and sparks everywhere results in dying mobs all over the map. We create a shield of freezing sparks around us which is healing us with every hit. We freeze nearly everything before it even hit us... that makes this build extremly safe, easy, fast and fun to play!

Build mechanics

Offense:
The offense is based arround Invetiable Judgement (crits ignore enemies resistances). The best way to scale the damage is with crit chance & multiplier, spell and elemental damage. Different sources of conversion are used to deal with Spark & BV mainly elemental damage (lightning and cold).

Defense:
The defense is based on many layers. Our first line of defense is the cold damage of spark which freezes most trash mobs before they even can hit us. If mobs don't get frozen and they try to hit us, we use many mechanics to avoid the damage (evasion, dodge & block).
If those layers fail and we get hit we use different sources of damage mitigation to avoid oneshots(arctic armour, enfeeble, mind over matter...). We use inquisitor ascendancy for crazy life sustain with regneration, life on hit and leech.

Progress:
In 3.0 I reached lvl 97 and did uber lab, nearly every map up to T16 and killed all guardians & shaper. I farmed enough currency to buy a headhunter for 75 Exalts.
How can I progress fast?

To progress fast you should not rush to the highest tier possible as fast as you can because that will only result in many deaths and frustration. You should run map tier & levels which you can clear, fast and easy without dying. It is better to clear many lower tier maps fast then to clear a higher tier in very long time. When something just gets too easy you know it is time to progress! If some bosses or some other content is too hard atm just skip it and do it later.

The fastest way to progress imo is sometimes to take a step back... because sometimes with a bit better gear, a few more levels, etc hard content becomes easy.

Videos:
I will post some new 3.1 Videos soon...
T6 Mausoleum with 10 CHaos budget gear
T16 Hydra Guardian in 3.1
Testing LT CWC GC setup on elder & shaper guardians!

Gear:

Gear details

Most important is the balance between offense and defense. It makes no sense to put all eggs in one basket. Allways max. your resistance!

Call of the brotherhood: 40% lightning to cold conversion, I would use this ring in combination with Herald of Ice.

Rare gear - look for following stats:
Essence of Horror crafted Helmet: high life & resistance and enchantment 3 additional spark projectiles / 40% more spark damage, unique helm possibilities rat's nest, starkonja's head or devoto's devotion. I guess the best helmet will be a shaper item with two additional mods for our spark / BV setup. Lightpoacher is a great helm for clear speed.

Shield: high life, resistance, spell damage and critical strike chance for spells. Esh's Mirror is also good option. The chernobog pillar is a great shield for this build, cheap, really good defenses, phy to fire convertion, and 25% chance to curse with enfeeble.

Chest: rare with high life, resistance & at least 5link or
The Perfect Form: The Perfect Form is a very good defensive chest armour which gives us arctic armour with 100% reduced mana reservation and addtional "Phase Arcobatics" (30% Chance to dogde spell damage). In order to use this chest you will need dexterity on some of your items / jewels.
Inpulsa's Broken Heart: Really good chest for this build, definitly BiS for clearing speed.

Belt: high lifes & resistance or as alternative option bisco's leash / headhunter:

Ring: missing stats... high resistance! Also good options are Berek Grip or Ventor's Gamble. Mark of the Shaper ring in combination with a Elder ring will boost your dps big time. If you can still cap your resistances I would go with this setup.

Recommended uniques:
Doryani's catalyst:In my opinion doryani catalyst has many advantages like:
- our two heralds profit from elemental damage! (Heralds do not scale with spell damage)
- faster attack and cast speed! (playin feels a lot smoother...)
- elemental leech for survivability. (0,2% sounds like a little but it helps)
- cheap!
For really fast clearing speed (if you don't need the damage... f.e. low level maps) you can use brightbeak (singlehanded weapon with the highest aps in game). It will really increase your movement speed with shield charge. Singularity and Cerberus Limbis are good budget options.

Choir of the storm / Bisco's collar: great boost for our dps, also boost our single target dps by a looooot! / for farming bisco's collar is a good option.

Windscream: for additional curse, if you can afford it look for enchantment "faster cast & attack speed" / "life&mana leech" if you killed recently. Also very good option is Mutewind Whispersteps for dps boost. If you take on of those two option you will need pierce support. Voidwalker have they advantage that you get piercing after killing an enemy.

Rare Shaper Gloves/Wind of change/Maligaro's Virtuosity: My prefered option are rare shaper gloves with mana leech and faster casting support for socketed gems. Other options are Winds of Change and Maligaro's Virtuosity for damage boost. Another option are Hrimburn which are mainly used to convert 50% physical damage of BV to cold damage. Kalisa's Grace are a very good and cheap option to get a 5-link spark setup goin.

Flask's

Vessel of Vinktar: is very usefull for bossfight... it is like an emergency button. I guess the best version is the one with added lightning damage to spells for us.
Atziri's promise: For budget version use this instead of vinktar or as an addition. It is really good and cheap.
Surgeon's Silver Flask: Onslaught, nearly always active because crits reduce the CD, it improves the clearing speed and dps boost for bossights. If you use onslaught in your herald setup you can chose to take another flask.
Avenger's Diamond Flask of Grounding: Crazy dps boost for bossfights and immunity to shock from our vinktar.
The overflowing chalice the overflowing chalice or another sulphur flask to proc consecrated ground is necessary to fully profit from inquisitor ascendancy.
Sulphur Flask

Budget gear for 10 chaos

I got the feedback that the transition from totem to spark is a bit difficult... so I made budgetversion and spend 10 chaos on it... I easy can farm up to tier 5 with it and have not tested higher for now:

I still use a few items I found while leveling... this setup is far from optimized but it works.
How to upgrade gear from this point on?

I always would look for the cheapest way to upgrade first and go for the highest priced items last.
1) Call of the brotherhood
2) Rat's Nest
3) 5-linked Impulsa
4) Rare gloves with faster projectiles, life and resistances
5) Doryani's Catalyst
6) Upgrade your rare gear / flasks / jewels
7) Choir of the storm
8) 6-linked Impulsa

Jewels

We use one or two spark threshold jewels! (we also have to take increased duration nodes on skilltree)
Rare Jewels:
Look for following:
% increased maximum life
Critical strike multiplier
Lightning / elemental spell damage
Spell damage
Resistances
Attack / spell speed

Missing stats...

Gear check yourself...what can I do to improve?!

In Path of Exile many small thing will make a big difference... following checklist may help you to improve:
> 6Link chest for main damage
> Skill gems: level +20 quality +20%
> Jewels can make a big difference in dps
> Quality 20% of your gear & flask's
> Character level +90
> Check every single piece of equipment if it can be improved
> Use Path of Building to try out if an change will improve you before you do it and waste currency.
> Try to understand the build mechanics!

Passives and skill gems:

Skill Tree 3.3 lvl 93

Don't take Mind Over Matter before you can sustain it... what help is Pious Path Ascendancy or somewhere on gear or skilltree "% of damage taken gained as mana over 4 seconds when hit"! You will also need a high unreserved mana pool (about 800 - 1k unreserved mana, take mana nodes behind MoM and Dreamer)

Skill gems

Main Damage:
This saison we will use two damage skills, Spark for clearing speed and Blade Vortex for single target dps. We will only have one 6 link for it but I decided to use the same color for both setups so they can be just switched out.

(Vaal) Spark + Spell Echo + Pierce Support + Faster Projectiles + (Faster Casting + Mana Leech from shaper gloves)

(Vaal) Blade Vortex + Physical to Lightning + Concentrated Effekt + Increased Critical Strikes + Controlled Destruction + Added Lightnig Damage

Alternative Single target setup: Lightning tendrils + Cast When Channeling + Glacial Cascade

The good feedback of the community is the main raison I want to put this setup in here as an alternative. I tested it and it is pretty good... I guess the dps will not reach BV with 20 stacks but it is more flexibel:
Lightning tendrils + Cast When Channeling + Glacial Cascade + Concentrated Effect + Critical Strikes + Elemental Focus

Mana reservation setup:
Herald of Thunder or Herald of Ice / Arctic Armour + Wrath + Enlighten
In the standard setup I would use Herald of Thunder (without Impulsa's Broken Heart use Herald of Ice) and Wrath. For bosses use Arctic Armour instead of the Herald. I guess Herald of Thunder is a bit better for single target dps but Herald of ice in combination with Call of the broterhood is very good for clear speed.

Defensive:
CWDT (lvl 2) + Immortal Call (lvl 4) + Warlord's Mark (lvl 6) + Tempest Shield (lvl 8)
This setup helps us to avoid getting oneshotted and in boss fight it necessary for sustain and helps a lot to survive!

Lightning Golem (lvl 20) + Blood Rage (lvl 20) + Arcane Surge (lvl 5)
We use our summon lightning golem skill to activate arcane surge. So the level from arcne surge should be so low that is will always be activated when we cast our lightning golem.

Movement:
Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify / Culling Strike
For fast clearing speed and also additional defense. We can increase the shield charge attack speed with the quality of culling strike.

Vaal Skills & other good stuff: (Optional)
Vaal Breach (really helps in bossfight... aoe leech, charge generation, with esh mirror in combination big damage boost)
Vaal Haste
Decoy Totem

Ascendancy, Bandits & Pantheon
Bandits: Alira (5 mana reg per sec, 20% Crit Multiplier, 15% all resistances)

Ascendancy:
1) Instruments of Virtue
2) Righteous Providence
3) Inevitable Judgment (a diamond flask will let your dps explode!!!)
4) Sanctify

or alternativly for more survivability:
3) Sanctify
4) Pious Path
With instant heal from vaal pact gone we have to go another way. We will use inquisitor ascendancy to crazy amount of life, mana & es reggen with addtional leech to survive.

Pantheon:
> Soul of Tukohama: While stationary, gain 2% additional Physical Damage Reduction each second, up to a maximum of 8%. While stationary, gain 0.5% of Life Regenerated per second each second, up to a maximum of 2%
Upgrade Map: T10 Siege

> Soul of Solaris: helps to avoid one shots. I would take this as standard and for maps with reduced life recovery go with
> Soul of Arakaali: necessary to reach crazy amount of life gain! (will be proct when the debuff of blood rage is stoped from immortal call which is proct from cwdt when we get hit.)
Upgrade Map: T5 Toxic Sewers, T12 Torture Chambers, T15 Sunken City

Low Life ES setup by TheRealTuna:
>>>CLICK ME!!!<<<

Additional information:
Leveling

Here a small general guide how you can level fast and effective http://guidescroll.com/2014/10/path-of-exile-endgame-in-12-hours-guide/

How I leveled in 3.3:
Level 1-20:
I started leveling with Molten Strike linked with Ancestral Call. I rushed directly to elemental overload which I will be speccing out as soon as I go for more crit.
Passives lvl 20

Level 21-40:
I switched to Spark as soon as I got a "Pierce Support". I feels smoother and faster imo. I will buy a Vaal Spark & Vaal Blade Vortex gem and expect leveling to be easy and fast with this two additional vaal skills. I decided to go with Instruments of Virtue first for a faster clear speed.

Skill Tree lvl 40
Level 41-60
I did go for the Acrobatics nodes for more survivability and also specced out of elemental overload to go for more crits. The jewels hazardeous research and I used Poacher's Aim (+1pierce) so I could drop pierce support out of my spark setup. The next acendancy I gonna pick is "Rightious Providence".

Skill Tree lvl 60

Level 65-74:
I grinded quiet a few levels in some area like
> Act 5: The Chamber of Innocence
> Act 9: The Blood Aqueduct
> Act 10: The Desecrated Chambers
so I reached mapping with lvl 74. If you feel weak at some point while leveling... just grind some levels and after that it will be easy again.

I did the first three labs and toke used following order:
1) Instruments of Virtue
2) Righteous Providence
3) Inevitable Judgment
Make sure you always cap your resistances and get on every gear life if possible. Also the CWDT setup is very important for your survivability and sustain. Following now is my gear which I will use to start mapping:

Skill Tree lvl 74

Level 75-84
Atm I am farming map up to tier 6 and level fast... I nearly never die and just rush trough those maps... I got some shaper gloves with mana leech & faster casting and so I was able to take Mind Over Matter which increases my survivability by a lot.

Unfortunately I was not very lucky with my drop so far... and my gear is still very budget:

This setup works very good but keep in mind I am still testing and so not everything make sense yet. I use Herald of ice / thunder linked with innverate and onslaught which is great for clearing.

Skill Tree lvl 84

Bandits: Alira (5 mana reg per sec, 20% Crit Multiplier, 15% all resistances)

Don't progress to fast, sometimes when the maps get to hard just take a step back... level a bit and get better gear. There are two good farming spots which you can use to grind some levels and gear while leveling (I normally grind 2-4 levels and then again leveling is much easier):
> Act 5: The Chamber of Innocence
> Act 10: The Desecrated Chambers

Q&A

Why are you using blood rage?
I try to explain... when we activate blood rage a pyhsical debuff is applied to us, when we get hit CWDT procs immortal call and will activate the arakaali pantheon "50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently" which is a crazy boost to our life regen and leech. The life gain is not shown in your tooltip but you should feel it in action.
How do you get that chilling effect when killing an enemy? Why do you Spark look like spiders?
Herald of gloom mtx shatter effect & spark spider effect mtx.
Is this build viable for Hardcore?
The build is balanced for softcore, but it has really good layered defenses so I think with much more investment in defense it can be played also HC.
When should I take Mind Over Matter?
MoM is a very powerful but without very good mana gain mechanics also a very dangerous Keystone. Without sufficient mana gain it can hppen that you receive a big hit and stand there without any mana left. So I would recommend only spec into MoM when you have either "Pious Path" or "% of damage taken gained as mana over..." (f.e. Battle Rouse).
Where can I use the hazardeous research threshold jewels?
The required intelligence does not have to be allocated it just need to be in radius of the jewel.
How to link my gear?
Just open up a reply and go to top left corner of this page to your character and click on the item you want to link. This item will be linked in your reply as soon as you close your character window.
What’s the best rolls for watchers eye jewel?
IMO Wrath with:
1) Crit
2) Lightning Damage
3) Phy. to Lighting

A second mode like "Lightning damage is leeched" would be pretty good for survivability.

The build ist still viable and up to date!
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Dec 7, 2018, 12:29:01 AM
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2018, 12:06:54 PM
hey there, looks pretty cool. as im looking for a build to start next league im curious about yours. im still kinda new and got some questions:

i assume main purpose or best manageable with this build is clearing maps fast? how far did u succeed?

you said, you cant freeze all. whats the highest map boss you were able to freeze?

would you recommend it for league start? how is levelling and what budget is needed? i think your amulet is quite expensive, isnt it?

thx for sharing and congratz to a nice build after playing this short
"
piza14 wrote:
hey there, looks pretty cool. as im looking for a build to start next league im curious about yours. im still kinda new and got some questions:

i assume main purpose or best manageable with this build is clearing maps fast? how far did u succeed?

you said, you cant freeze all. whats the highest map boss you were able to freeze?

would you recommend it for league start? how is levelling and what budget is needed? i think your amulet is quite expensive, isnt it?

thx for sharing and congratz to a nice build after playing this short

Hi,
yes the main goal is clearing maps as fast as possible. Today I did two T15 maps without dying and one dropped the T16 Phoenix map which I did also. I died once in the bossfight against the Pheonix guardian because of lags. I added the videos in "Videos"-section.
It also possible to freeze T15 bosses as you can see in the t15 example run I added just a few minutes ago.

Yeah sure you can start it in league (I will do it) because with low level you can run frozen lake and lower stuff and clearing it really fast. I would not recommend level with spark until lvl 69... you can use whispering ice or firestorm to get to lvl 69.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
thx for quick reply.

is there an alternative for choir of storms or do you see it as mandatory?
"
piza14 wrote:
thx for quick reply.

It is not mandatory but the dps boost is massive... depending on how much lightning resistance you have you get an additional crit chance of 10-15 percent and your crits deal 50 percent more damage. Also a big factor for freezing bosses is the lvl 20 lightning bolt. I guess it is our biggest hitter and freezing depends on enemy life and the damage of the hit. In my opinion it is the best item in slot.
Last edited by bashtart on Feb 28, 2017, 1:17:59 AM
"
piza14 wrote:
thx for quick reply.

I forget to mention other options...I guess you can take an rare amulett with crit, ele resistances and other missing stats. So you also could get an other unique ring maybe... there are many other options:) In the new seasson I will try some out and post it as options (like the halycon, the valyrium...).
Last edited by bashtart on Mar 2, 2017, 4:13:46 AM
HI, I must say that this build looks really interesting and i'll probably use it as a starter for 2.6.

Just got a cuple of question, is this viable for reflect maps too? When would you suggest to pick CI, at around Lvl 68 and with some good ES gear i suppose?

Also, it would be GREAT if you could make a levelig passive tree, so that peapole as noob as me (i'm playing on and off since vanilla but never seriously put my head into building since work and gaming don't really work togher XD) dont waste point in passives that could be taken later (mostly the timing for the keystones would be lovelly)

Thanks
Last edited by Türambar on Mar 2, 2017, 3:07:06 PM
Hello, will you update guide for 2.6? Is it viable as league starter and SSF?

Edit: what bandits you choose? point-faster casting-power charge?
Last edited by Cebilat on Mar 3, 2017, 7:52:35 AM
"
Completed 8 ChallengesTürambar wrote:
HI, I must say that this build looks really interesting and i'll probably use it as a starter for 2.6.

Just got a cuple of question, is this viable for reflect maps too? When would you suggest to pick CI, at around Lvl 68 and with some good ES gear i suppose?

Also, it would be GREAT if you could make a levelig passive tree, so that peapole as noob as me (i'm playing on and off since vanilla but never seriously put my head into building since work and gaming don't really work togher XD) dont waste point in passives that could be taken later (mostly the timing for the keystones would be lovelly)

Thanks

Hi, unfortunately reflect elemental damage is the one thing we just cannot do. With Vinktar we can kill reflecting elemtal damage packs but without the flask effect we just oneshotting ourselves. I added a leveling section in the guide... I hope this will help you a bit.
Last edited by bashtart on Mar 3, 2017, 2:17:10 PM
Thanks mate, fast and properly done!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info